“Lafayette Hilton” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
Lafayette, United States
“Lafayette Hilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 42 year anniversary. We found the Lafayette Hilton very clean and romantic. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Lafayette is filled with great places to eat. It is known for its Cajun cuisine. Lafayette is also known for its festivals, medical facilities, and fun places to visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Lafayette as your destination for this special occasion, and congratulations on 42 years of marriage!! I appreciate your taking the time to write this great review of your visit and I hope we can be your choice when you return to Lafayette in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Beaumont, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family & I (7 of us in 2 adjoining rooms) stayed here for 1 night 8/17/13. We traveled to this area to celebrate a relatives birthday in Opelousas ( 20 miles away), but we decided to stay in Lafayette for the city feel vs the country. This Hilton is located in the middle of the City somewhat near the Airport. The hotel is beautifully landscaped outside with plenty of parking. We arrived at the hotel shortly after noon and were greeted by the Bellman who opened the doors. We then were greeted with the Stunning lobby area. We were then greeted by front desk staff who had smiles on their faces. They allowed us to check-in early (Check-In isn't 'til 3). We then went to our rooms to freshen up a bit before we headed out. Once arrived at the rooms, the rooms had a fresh clean scent. Everything "seemed" cleaned, no stains on carpet, & bathrooms were in order. However, the furniture in the room was worn and outdated. Also there was trash behind the nightstand (see picture). Obviously housekeeping does not clean fully and thoroughly. Now mind you, I've stayed in Hilton's all over the country and this Hilton reminded me SO much of the Hilton in Baton Rouge (SEE my review on that one). It wasn't "GRAND" as they say. It just wasn't up to par. In other words, it was as if we were at a Holiday Inn, and not the Hilton.

We left for the afternoon/evening to attend some engagements, and upon arriving back at the hotel, we were greeted with HUNDREDS of people. Also parking was a nightmare. There were cars parked any and everywhere. We had to park across the street in a auto lube shop lot and walk to the hotel. We later found out that Hilton Lafayette was hosting a LIVE MMA Cage Fight.

All in all, we had good stay and of we are in the area again, we may or may not stay again depending on if the property has renovated, and/or if they are hosting another MMA fight.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade for a River View, or to a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I appreciate your review of a recent stay. I certainly enjoyed reading about your initial drive up and experience with our Bellstaff and Front Office Team. Thank you for the kind words regarding our landscaping and lobby area. I have shared your comments and picture with our Director of Housekeeping. She will ensure that additional training takes place with the Room Attendant assigned to those rooms. I am sorry that our decision to host an MMA fight was an inconvenience to you upon your arrival back on Saturday night. Should we have this event in the future, we will make other arrangements for parking.
Cedar Hill, Texas, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

While this Hilton was older than most I've stayed in, it was well-maintained and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Very comfortable room with plenty of space! Breakfast was pretty standard, nothing extraordinary, but again, the waitstaff was attentive and very visible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I appreciate the kind words regarding our staff, room size and general upkeep. I am meeting next week with designers and a renovation is planned to begin later in 2013.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights on business on the 12th floor. The room is just fine. Two double beds, clean, comfortable with lots of pillows. Good air con. I had a river view. It's worth the extra 10 bucks, but nothing amazing. The television is a newish flat screen with plenty of options. The bathroom is small.

I went to the bar a couple of times. It's large, was pretty busy, and the bartenders were friendly and efficient.

The elevators stink. Only 2 of 3 are working, and they are painfully slow. They also look beat up. They are not close to being up to the Hilton brand.

I was going to comment about the filthy carpet in the lobby, but on my last day they were being cleaned.

I had executive lounge access included in my rate. Breakfast was the same everyday (eggs, grits, sausage, fruit and assorted other items) which was ok. Nothing amazing, but I did not pay much for it.

I know that everyone's travel experience is unique and I can only speak for my own. But I do not understand the negative venom against this hotel. True, the carpets were dirty when I arrived. True, the elevators are terrible. True, the lounge was not awesome by any stretch. But the service was fine, the room good, housekeeping good, room quiet. I saw no bugs, peeling paint, or water stains. This is not an upscale Hilton, but its not the dump that some reviewers have insinuated. I would stay again, although I would recommend staying in one of the more expensive rooms just to make sure.

Room Tip: Pay the few extra dollars for a better room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and especially for your closing summary. I felt it was a fair assessment and the same way I feel about our building. It was great to read about your experiences with your 12th floor room, the Towers Lounge and our Bar staff. We have recently hired a new team member to focus only on carpet cleaning. He has finished the lobby and corridors and is now working in the guest rooms. We have recently completed an elevator modernization survey. Our owners must now decide when is the best time to schedule this project.
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hotel was clean, close to airport, and had nice facilites. Hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Conference rooms were nice and for once not freezing! Spent time by the pool which was nice and went to the fitness facility which was small but had treadmills, elipticals, free weights and one all purpose machine. Lots of free parking. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I heard a few people complain about hearing the elevators so might request a room down the hall away...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of a recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I also enjoyed reading your reviews of the many activities and dining options you experienced during this trip. I am glad that you were able to enjoy so many aspects of our facility, and I hope that your organizations continues to make Lafayette and the Hilton home for this conference.
Luling, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My stay at the Hilton was average. The name used to speak for itself. However, there is nothing to write home about. I travel often and have stayed in rooms with better amenities for the same or lower price.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. Your comments will certainly be used during our department trainings this month. We strive to go above and beyond your expectations at the Hilton Lafayette. If the product and amenities offered were not a "wow" then a staff member should have certainly stepped up and made a difference.
Breaux Bridge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great place to stay! Great location with plenty of wonderful restaurants close by. Shuttle available adds to it's great service. Very comfy and relaxing. Other than pool being a little crowded our visit was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. It is great to see a neighbor from Breaux Bridge coming over for the weekend. We are very fortunate to have so many great restaurants in our vicinity. I am glad that our shuttle service was available to take you to some of them. I sounds like the pool was very popular during your weekend. Many local families appear to be planning just as you, staying closer to home, and finding some options for the kids.

Been to Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!