“One-nighter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Lafayette

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Lafayette to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Lafayette
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1521 West Pinhook Road, Lafayette, LA 70503 (Formerly Hilton Lafayette)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Lafayette
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“One-nighter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Still one of my favorite Hiltons in the chain. We recently spent one night during Mardi Gras so the hotel was hopping. Nice comfy rooms with all the typical Hilton ammenities. If you can get the breakfast buffet with your room it's a good deal.

Room Tip: Try to get a river-view room if you can. Nice view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
jthackston, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your Mardi Gras stay at the Hilton Lafayette. It was great to read about how we are your favorite Hilton within the Brand. I appreciate the comments regarding the comfortable guest rooms, and I am glad that you tried one of our Bed and Breakfast packages.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Arlington,Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have stayed here several times and first let me tell you about the GOOD.....The girls that work day shift Lavonna and Monica treated me like a family member went out of their way to make me comfortable to make sure I have my room preference and just over all made me feel welocome I usually stay at a Hampton or a Garden Inn for the benefits of breakfast but the excutive floors at this Hilton surpass all of the smaller properties and the lady that works breakfast is just precious and very sweet. She also made me feel welcome and a little less lonely on my trip. I had stayed two nights checked out because I thought I was leaving anyway when I tried to check back in was told by 800 reservations that the property was sold out on the off chance I called Lavonna and she not only found me a prefered room on the 15th floor facing the river she made me a Hilton Lafayette customer FOR LIFE......I really appreciate her not only finding me a room so I can stay Hilton loyal but made me feel special and liek a VIP I am a gold member just short of diamond and other chains are offering to give me that status to get my business and honestly thanks to her and Monica I have decided to stay a HILTON loyal member. It seems like customer service is a dying art these days and these girls are EXCELLENT examples of TRUE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
The negative is minimal but there is a huge difference in staff between evening and day staff the hospitality girl that works evenings is not very friendly. She isnt rude just not very friendly. The bartendars were not great and seemed more interested in visiting with the cocktail waitress than slinging drinks just my observation.
The rooms are clean and the riverview is nice....Love the glass coffee mugs. Housekeeping helped me out with a spare blanket and was very helpful. Over all a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Anything River facing 12 or up
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share this experience on tripadvisor.com. I look forward to sitting with Lavonna in the morning and sharing these comments. I certainly appreciate your comments regarding our Executive Lounge and Glenda our AM host. We are always looking for ways to improve these offerings are it is great to read your comments. I will also sit with our PM host in the Executive Lounge and our Bar Supervisor to discuss these last comments. My goal is ensure that all team members give the same service as Lavonna and Glenda.
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

There were 4 of us ladies visiting Lafayette for a "Spring Tea" at a banquet facility nearby. We had 2 adjoining rooms. The rooms were spacious and clean. Nice flat screen tv's. Extremely comfortable beds and pillows, with good water pressure from the shower. Had a 7th floor view. The view was as good as it could've been, given the river water is brown; the also had a view of the clean pool. The service was prompt and courteous. The amenities in the concierge lounge were all we could have hoped for - a variety of great snacks, food and drinks; nice view and attentive service. The fitness room was small but we did not have any problems getting access to the equipment and were able to get the workout we desired. The cardio machines were up-to-date, each with its own tv and earphones were available at the front desk. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you want a microwave and frig, you must request and pay a fee (could be $10 per night for each).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I am glad that your group chose the Hilton Lafayette while attending this "Spring Tea" event. It was great to hear how much you enjoyed the spacious and clean guest room and flat panel televisions. The water pressure from these showerheads is on of my favorite features as well. I am glad that you were able to experience our Executive Lounge. We have recently improved the offerings in this room and I am glad you enjoyed your time there.
Ada, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I thought the hotel room was very clean and pleasant but would like to have had a refridgerator and microwave as I was there for 3 nights. I could have had a refridgerator for 10.00/night which I was not going to pay. Overall, it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. All the staff was pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. It was great to hear about how much you enjoyed the beds and how our staff "went out of their way to be helpful". I am hoping that we add a refrigerator to each guest room during our upcoming renovation.
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I didn't have the most pleasant time here and left a comment card when we checked out. I got a phone call within the hour by a manager. He was very concerned and wanted to make it right. In addition to making it right for me he was going to address the issues. I strongly believe that the issues I ran into will be taken care of. If I ever get back that way, I will give them a second chance.

Room Tip: Choose the executive rooms to get a good breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres.
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jthackston, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make things right after this most recent stay. I can assure you that these issues have been addressed and additional training has taken place as a result of these comments. I agree that the Towers Level rooms are a great value and the offerings and staff in the Lounge will enhance any stay. I hope that you will be able to return very soon.
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stopped here on the way home from NOLA. We arrived fairly late in horrible weather. The front desk was very accommodating, even helped us with some take out food. We chose a room with a view, however the "lake" looked like a sewage hole and it wasn't a beautiful at all. The beds were comfy and rooms were nice and big.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I am glad that our Front Desk was able to help find some late night food options after your travels. It is great to hear how you enjoyed the size of your guest room and the "comfy" beds. I am sorry that you were not impressed with the Vermilion Bayou. The heavy rains of late have kept the water levels extremely high and covered up many of the plants and trees that were noticeable in the fall.
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days over a weekend in January on a driving holiday through MS, LA and TX. There are some decor issues in the common areas of the hotel, but overall it isn't bad. Our room had a lovely view of the river through the huge wall to wall window and a comfy armchair beside it. The 2 beds in the room however were quite small, one larger bed would have suited us better.

There were wall and ceiling stains in the corridors and the window frames outside the lift on our floor were plugged with newspaper. The atmosphere was one of a hotel that had its last heyday in 1979. Overall refurbishment of the common areas would make a huge difference to this otherwise well run hotel. The hotel was very busy while we were there and staff were courteous and efficient. Room cleaning was also very good.

The location is great too in that it's near enough to shopping, restaurants and local attractions - it seems quite distant from central Lafayette but central Lafayette is like a ghost town. The Hilton is just around the corner from several great restaurants - we ate in the Blue Dog Cafe and Guidry's Reef, both of which are highly recommended for both atmosphere and food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jthackston, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your January stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I appreciate your great comments regarding our courteous/friendly staff and room cleaning services. I am glad that you enjoyed your river view room and the oversized "comfy" armchair that allows easy viewing. It is also great to hear how you tried two of our locally owned restaurants in the nearby area and how our location was perfect for shopping and site seeing. I am happy to share with you that common area renovations are coming in the near future and should be complete by the end of the year.