“Wonderful stay - no complaints!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10% on your room!
Ranked #20 of 46 hotels in Lafayette
Houston, TX
“Wonderful stay - no complaints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

There were 4 of us ladies visiting Lafayette for a "Spring Tea" at a banquet facility nearby. We had 2 adjoining rooms. The rooms were spacious and clean. Nice flat screen tv's. Extremely comfortable beds and pillows, with good water pressure from the shower. Had a 7th floor view. The view was as good as it could've been, given the river water is brown; the also had a view of the clean pool. The service was prompt and courteous. The amenities in the concierge lounge were all we could have hoped for - a variety of great snacks, food and drinks; nice view and attentive service. The fitness room was small but we did not have any problems getting access to the equipment and were able to get the workout we desired. The cardio machines were up-to-date, each with its own tv and earphones were available at the front desk. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you want a microwave and frig, you must request and pay a fee (could be $10 per night for each).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I am glad that your group chose the Hilton Lafayette while attending this "Spring Tea" event. It was great to hear how much you enjoyed the spacious and clean guest room and flat panel televisions. The water pressure from these showerheads is on of my favorite features as well. I am glad that you were able to experience our Executive Lounge. We have recently improved the offerings in this room and I am glad you enjoyed your time there.

341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ada, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I thought the hotel room was very clean and pleasant but would like to have had a refridgerator and microwave as I was there for 3 nights. I could have had a refridgerator for 10.00/night which I was not going to pay. Overall, it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. All the staff was pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. It was great to hear about how much you enjoyed the beds and how our staff "went out of their way to be helpful". I am hoping that we add a refrigerator to each guest room during our upcoming renovation.
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I didn't have the most pleasant time here and left a comment card when we checked out. I got a phone call within the hour by a manager. He was very concerned and wanted to make it right. In addition to making it right for me he was going to address the issues. I strongly believe that the issues I ran into will be taken care of. If I ever get back that way, I will give them a second chance.

Room Tip: Choose the executive rooms to get a good breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres.
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make things right after this most recent stay. I can assure you that these issues have been addressed and additional training has taken place as a result of these comments. I agree that the Towers Level rooms are a great value and the offerings and staff in the Lounge will enhance any stay. I hope that you will be able to return very soon.
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stopped here on the way home from NOLA. We arrived fairly late in horrible weather. The front desk was very accommodating, even helped us with some take out food. We chose a room with a view, however the "lake" looked like a sewage hole and it wasn't a beautiful at all. The beds were comfy and rooms were nice and big.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I am glad that our Front Desk was able to help find some late night food options after your travels. It is great to hear how you enjoyed the size of your guest room and the "comfy" beds. I am sorry that you were not impressed with the Vermilion Bayou. The heavy rains of late have kept the water levels extremely high and covered up many of the plants and trees that were noticeable in the fall.
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days over a weekend in January on a driving holiday through MS, LA and TX. There are some decor issues in the common areas of the hotel, but overall it isn't bad. Our room had a lovely view of the river through the huge wall to wall window and a comfy armchair beside it. The 2 beds in the room however were quite small, one larger bed would have suited us better.

There were wall and ceiling stains in the corridors and the window frames outside the lift on our floor were plugged with newspaper. The atmosphere was one of a hotel that had its last heyday in 1979. Overall refurbishment of the common areas would make a huge difference to this otherwise well run hotel. The hotel was very busy while we were there and staff were courteous and efficient. Room cleaning was also very good.

The location is great too in that it's near enough to shopping, restaurants and local attractions - it seems quite distant from central Lafayette but central Lafayette is like a ghost town. The Hilton is just around the corner from several great restaurants - we ate in the Blue Dog Cafe and Guidry's Reef, both of which are highly recommended for both atmosphere and food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your January stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I appreciate your great comments regarding our courteous/friendly staff and room cleaning services. I am glad that you enjoyed your river view room and the oversized "comfy" armchair that allows easy viewing. It is also great to hear how you tried two of our locally owned restaurants in the nearby area and how our location was perfect for shopping and site seeing. I am happy to share with you that common area renovations are coming in the near future and should be complete by the end of the year.
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you are visiting Lafayette, a stay at the Hilton is an absolute must!!!
From the time you check in until you leave, you will have one of the most enjoyable hotel experiences ever. I am a very frequent traveller and I always stay at this Hilton.

The front desk staff is one of the best I have ever encountered, friendly,efficient,and every effort is made to satisfy the guests.
The housekeeping staff is awesome,extreme care is taken with every detail of your room.
The bell captains are available throughout the day and evening,and are extremely helpful with their knowledge of the local attractions and eateries.

The most impressive aspect however is the general manager Jimmy and the director of front office Kevin. They make themselves available to the guests, whether you are an honors member or a first time guest. Their staff is without a doubt one of the best in the Hilton chain, and as a diamond member of Hilton, I travel about 8months a year and am a business owner myself, I am not easily impressed, but these men know how to run a hotel.

So, if you're travels bring you to the Lafayette, La area,make it a point to stay at the Hilton, you will thoroughly enjoy your stay, from the check-in,clean,spacious rooms,wonderful restaurant and bar, and best of all a friendly,helpful,dedicated staff and management.

Room Tip: Just call the front desk prior to your stay and explain what you need and every effort will be made...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
All I can say is WOW!! Thank you for these wonderful comments regarding our property and staff. We are all looking forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and elegant atmosphere made for a very restful stay . Room service was prompt , efficient and absolutely delicious. Beds were very comfortable . Check out was streamlined so no hassles there as hotel was quite busy this holiday weekend.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I enjoyed reading about your great Room Service experience and the ease of check out. I am glad that you enjoyed our beds and even more so that you got to rest during the busy holiday season. We look forward to having you return in the near future.

Been to Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!