“Great place for business meetings” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place for business meetings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My company has been using the Hilton Lafayette over the past few weeks for a series of meetings and we have been very satisfied with the attentive staff and management. The meeting spaces on the 4th floor are great and the rooms are comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Josh, thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor review. We have enjoyed hosting your meetings over the past three weeks and look forward to being a part of any additional needs you have. I appreciate the comments regarding our attentive staff and management and look forward to sharing these with our Sales and Banquet Departments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

This Hilton has comfortable rooms and a courteous host staff. They are well trained and friendly. The restaurant is marginal in quality mediated by very friendly staff. The bar is comfortable. The Concierge lounge is above average and offers a lovely view of a Louisiana bayou. But the fitness room, while clean, has equipment that have not been maintained. There were numerous malfunctions and much seems neglected. The street traffic around the hotel frequently makes entry and exit a death-defying act. But once in the parking lot, you will experience a good Hilton experience (except for the fitness equipment).

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I appreciate all the wonderful comments regarding our well trained friendly staff, comfortable rooms and Concierge Lounge. I have just returned from a personal inspection of the equipment in the Fitness Center. We are aware of one TV that is not currently picking up the cable signal, but all equipment appears to be functioning correctly. I have placed a call to our vendor, Fitness Expo. They will come to our property in the next week to conduct a full PM on all five pieces of equipment that fall under their services. This type of service will eliminate any further issues for a six month period.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

This was my 2nd time staying here when I'm in town. The staff are always helpful and very friendly. The rooms are a good size and have such comfortable beds. There is always free wifi, which came in handy. I will stay here again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your continued loyalty and I appreciate your taking the time to write a review of this most recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I enjoyed reading your comments about our helpful and friendly staff, guest room size and comfortable beds. We are currently in the process of upgrading that WiFi service and I am sure you will enjoy that improvement on your next stay.
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at least 10 + over several years. It has always been high quality with great rooms with very comfortable bedding. The service and banquet staff have been very professional and the food has been good. There is a large free parking lot and it is in a convenient location. The banquet and conference facilities are great and it is my favorite location for a conference.

Room Tip: Getting on the top 3 floors with the free breakfasts and happy hour is a huge plus
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I enjoyed reading your comments regarding the comfortable bedding, good food and professionalism of our service staff. The line that I enjoyed most was "...my favorite location for a conference." I am glad that our location was convenient for your needs while in town, and I hope that your conference rotates back to us very soon.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Average.
Stayed here in May and October 2012;

Cleam rooms, however outdated, need a refurbishment. Staff is ok, however not in line with the Hilton-brand expectations.
Looks of the restaurant need a quick make-over as well.
Below average breakfast buffet.
Price was OK, most likely pricing is adapted to the state of hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I would like to share with you that we have already hired an architech and designer for our upcoming renovations. The specific areas that you mentioned will be the first addressed in this scope of work. I hope that you return next year to see our progress.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Upon arriving we were looking for a clean comfortable room for one nights rest after a long day of driving - we found it here! The staff offered a ride to a local restaurant via their shuttle, helped us with a minor heating issue, and were so friendly and expressed genuine desire to ensure our comfort. We even were given a great room with a view upon request. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone passing through or visiting Lafayette.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. This type of experience is exactly what I expect of our team, and why we work so hard to identify and train the perfect individuals. Your comment that goes "..so friendly and expressed a genuine desire to ensure our comfort." will be posted for all to enjoy in our team member break room. I am glad to know that we could provide such a memorable experience after your long drive. It was great to hear how our shuttle was available so you would not need to get back in your car and how we were able to make a quick fix when a problem did arise. I certainly appreciate the recommendation for future travelers!
Solihull. UK.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here as part of an escorted tour for one night only. A bit out of town. Wifi is free in all areas and breakfast buffet was $13.95. We didn't have the buffet. This was the last night of our holiday. An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
It is great to see the tour and travel market growing in South Louisiana. I am glad you selected a tour that included our property and I appreciate your writing a review of this stay. It is true that we are a short drive off I-10, but we are extremely close to the current and future I-49. I am glad that you found our free Wifi convenient and hope you come back to Cajun Country to spend more time.

Been to Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!