“Quality Hotel with Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
Baton Rouge
“Quality Hotel with Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at least 10 + over several years. It has always been high quality with great rooms with very comfortable bedding. The service and banquet staff have been very professional and the food has been good. There is a large free parking lot and it is in a convenient location. The banquet and conference facilities are great and it is my favorite location for a conference.

Room Tip: Getting on the top 3 floors with the free breakfasts and happy hour is a huge plus
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I enjoyed reading your comments regarding the comfortable bedding, good food and professionalism of our service staff. The line that I enjoyed most was "...my favorite location for a conference." I am glad that our location was convenient for your needs while in town, and I hope that your conference rotates back to us very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Average.
Stayed here in May and October 2012;

Cleam rooms, however outdated, need a refurbishment. Staff is ok, however not in line with the Hilton-brand expectations.
Looks of the restaurant need a quick make-over as well.
Below average breakfast buffet.
Price was OK, most likely pricing is adapted to the state of hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I would like to share with you that we have already hired an architech and designer for our upcoming renovations. The specific areas that you mentioned will be the first addressed in this scope of work. I hope that you return next year to see our progress.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Upon arriving we were looking for a clean comfortable room for one nights rest after a long day of driving - we found it here! The staff offered a ride to a local restaurant via their shuttle, helped us with a minor heating issue, and were so friendly and expressed genuine desire to ensure our comfort. We even were given a great room with a view upon request. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone passing through or visiting Lafayette.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. This type of experience is exactly what I expect of our team, and why we work so hard to identify and train the perfect individuals. Your comment that goes "..so friendly and expressed a genuine desire to ensure our comfort." will be posted for all to enjoy in our team member break room. I am glad to know that we could provide such a memorable experience after your long drive. It was great to hear how our shuttle was available so you would not need to get back in your car and how we were able to make a quick fix when a problem did arise. I certainly appreciate the recommendation for future travelers!
Solihull. UK.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here as part of an escorted tour for one night only. A bit out of town. Wifi is free in all areas and breakfast buffet was $13.95. We didn't have the buffet. This was the last night of our holiday. An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
It is great to see the tour and travel market growing in South Louisiana. I am glad you selected a tour that included our property and I appreciate your writing a review of this stay. It is true that we are a short drive off I-10, but we are extremely close to the current and future I-49. I am glad that you found our free Wifi convenient and hope you come back to Cajun Country to spend more time.
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I got this room through Priceline's "name your own price" feature. I would have preferred a room with microwave and frig. Also, Pinhook is a VERY busy street. I found if frustrating getting into and out of the hotel parking lot. Still, it was a clean, pleasant stay overall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I am glad we were matched up by the Priceline site. I appreciate your writing about the cleanliness of the property and how your overall stay was pleasant. I am sorry you were inconvenienced as a result of traffic on Pinhook Rd. During rush hour making a left does take patience.
Bossier City, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is an old hotel with a beautiful old lobby and winding staircase leading up to the meeting rooms - there are chandeliers and a bellman standing by to open the doors for you (not automatic, that would be a nice improvement). But the rest of it is badly in need of an update. Hallways and sleeping rooms need paint, wallpaper, replaced carpet, etc. On the upside, rooms are reasonably priced, the water pressure in the shower was fabulous and the sleeping rooms are large. The staff was friendly and helpful. My room had a desk chair with a broken back and the toilet didn't want to flush. I was there for a meeting and there were issues with the elevators although there were 3 maintenance men working on them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I appreciate your comments regarding our "friendly and helpful" staff, large guest rooms and great water pressure in the shower. I would like to share with you that I have a meeting scheduled this week to discuss our plans for an elevator modernization. I have shared your comments with our Chief Engineer. He assures me that our Preventative Maintenance Team and Inspectors will address these issues found in your room. I hope you will continue to choose the Hilton Lafayette when your travels bring you our way in the future.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel has a nice façade but it stops right there. Even though no major issues existed with the front desk staff no good remarkable thing was there either.
The halls and the room had spots on the carpet. Some places had cracked painting and the elevator seems to be from decades ago (I hope they maintain that thing properly...).
Try ordering some food and someone sounding very unmotivated to be working will pick up the phone and take your order in a way that you feel sad after you hang up.
Anyway, all I add here is that the hotel is definitely below the standards anyone would expect from a Hilton. Or maybe this is what Hilton is becoming since the Hilton New Orleans is as bad as this one..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I am sorry that no member of my team stepped up to make this a great stop on your visit to Louisiana. I am currently conducting training sessions that address this specific issue. The Front Desk and Room Service staff will be the first ones to attend this training. I am looking to improve upon the skills that they already possess and make sure each guest contact moment leaves a positive impression. I hope you will give us another opportunity if your travels bring you our way in the future.

Been to Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!