“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
Covington, Louisiana
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I went to Laffayette to visit friends and only stayed one night but this hotel was great! The service was super nice and friendly. The best part was the bed. Very comfortable matress and comforter. We found the entire place to be very clean. Definately would stay there again and recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this outstanding review. We look forward to being your lodging choice every time you visit friends in Lafayette.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
montz, la
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

This was a very pleasant hotel to stay in and I would definately recommend and return. We stayed one night but I really could have stayed more. Upon walking in you get greated by the most polite bellmen at the door offering assitance. And at the front desk they were overly friendly and most willing to help. Our room was very clean and the beds were super comfy. I knew when I booked that the beds were not queens (which was the only downfall) but i was aware of this when i booked. I would have liked to see some form of breakfast offered complementary. But I definately can't complain as I only paid (or should I say stole) the room from priceline for a staggering $60. Everything was beauitiful and exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review. I hope you return to the Hilton Lafayette each time you come to visit your son at ULL.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011 via mobile

Had a smoking room, so really wasn't expecting the best. Bathroom had cockroaches! Worst hotel experience in my life!

• Stayed June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to speak to you more about this experience if you would like to call me at the hotel. I can assure you that our pest elimination program is up to date and issues like this are very rare at the Hilton Lafayette.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed at the Hilton Lafayette many time in the past and have never really had any complaints. The hotel has somewhat of a tired look and feel, but that is about the only negative I can speak of. Hotels have to eventually get to this state before things are replaced, right? Hopefully it won't stay like this for very long in the future. I had no issues with the internet, the customer service is exceptional, and the hotel has a great location to the airport and other businesses. We stayed on the 13th floor.....didn't think hotels had a 13th floor because of superstitions! One downfall is the traffic in Lafayette can be very bad, and although not the hotel's fault, it can be impossible to to make a left hand turn out of the hotel at times. One thing that may be a plus or minus to customers.....this hotel does accept small pets, a plus for me!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. I would like to share with you that we are in the beginning stages of a renovation. The first phase will include the lobby, restaurant and lounge areas. We are meeting with a third party design team on Wednesday 8/24 to start working on the details.
Incline Village, Nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

This hotel has repeatedly been a great choice for me when I go to Lafayette to visit family. It is close to the airport and has a shuttle bus that runs to and from the airport upon request. On one of my trips to Lafayette my flight came in after the car rental counters were closed (after 10:00 p.m.). I called the hotel and they sent a shuttle to pick me up; the next morning the shuttle took me to the airport to pick up my rental.
The staff at the hotel has consistently been friendly and very helpful. The hotel is clean and well kept. The hotel backs up to the Vermilion River, which offers a nice view.
The hotel is in a great location, too. It is just blocks from the restaurant, Blue Dog Cafe. It is also close to Poupart's Bakery and other great places to eat.
In my opinion, this one is a keeper.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for writing this wonderful review. We look forward to your future trips to Lafayette to visit your family.
gotta look at my boarding pass
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

As a business traveller, there are really three key things I expect, a clean room with workspace, a dedicated staff to minimize the hassle of life on the road, and reliable internet so I can conduct my work without disruption. In the case of the Hilton in Lafayette, they have 2 but the missing third is a BIG miss.

I travel to Lafayette pretty regularly and the high customer focus of the staff makes up for most of the dated physical attributes of the hotel . As the comments from the GM reflect this looks like this is being addressed and cannot come soon enough.

The real shortcoming here from a business user perspective is the TERRIBLE internet speed. I have stayed here over the course of four months. During that time have been on multiple floors, multiple locations (North, South) of hotel and the internet JUST PLAIN BLOWS! It is completely unreliable in that it not only has peaks and drops in speed but other times it flat out drops. My colleague and I noticed that the courtesy van had a sign on it that said "Follow me to Free Internet", we half-joked about writing in with a Sharpie a carat above "Free" along with "REALLY SLOW". I have called the iBahn help-desk on many occasions but still had no resolution other than "we are sorry about the inconvenience, we will issue a ticket and have someone look into it." there must be an awful lot of looking into it but not be the right people because it still is not resolved.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am currently reviewing two options that will improve our High Speed Internet bandwidth significantly. The last remaining factor is how fast can they get it done. I will submit these options to Hilton next week in order to get an approval, and hope to have a faster more reliable network within 30 days. I will keep you posted.
south jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I read a lot of previous reviews on Trip Advisor about this Hotel and most were spot on. Hotel was clean, nice common areas, but the property is a little worn. Desk chair in room was damaged and repaired and furniture looked tired . On the positive side beds were great.
Hotel staff were wonderful. Any request was taken care of. Very friendly.I would stay there again,and hopefully an upgrade is comming.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you for the kind words. We have some renovations planned in the next 18 months and the desk chairs are at the top of that list.

Been to Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!