“good but not great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
Okc., Ok.
“good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Overall appearance of facility is good an breakfast is well prepared and stocked. Rooms are comfortable but need a little maintenance. Furniture is showing some signs of age and ice maker in fridge did not function. Bathroom door creaked very loudly and sink was slow to drain. We were
awakened at 4AM by the ear-piercing scream of the fire alarm. When I called the desk to inquire
whether it as a fire or false alarm, I was put on hold for several minutes and desk clerk never picked back up. Guests should NEVER be put on hold when fire alarms are sounded. We waited outdoors in the parking lot with all the other guests for 56 minutes before they were able to turn off the false alarm. On checkout, I asked for an adjustment on that one night's bill and general manager refused to do so claiming that malfunctioning equipment was not their fault. If the plumbing backed up would that not be their fault? It's their equipment and the malfunction cost my wife and I and all the other guests a good night's sleep which we paid nearly $100 for. Some adjustment should have been made.

Room Tip: studio suite was well laid out and ample space.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Greeted with a welcoming receptionist and accomodating staff. My stay with Residence Inn was worth it. Breakfast and dinner at night, beer and wine was free! major plus for me. The staff was always making sure that your needs were met and very much obliged to it. Thank you Tre and Brandy for making our stay memorable!

Virginia Beach, VA

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
tlhmarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank You for choosing the Residence Inn Lafayette Airport! We are glad that you were able to experience our property and guest service. I will be sure to let all staff no of your response and we look forward to having you stay with us again!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed here for Mardi Gras 2013 and this place accommodated us very well. Instead of me booking 2 separate rooms, the Marriott had a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect. We did have one little minor issue but was quickly resolved. Very soon after we checked in, we had a toilet that would not function properly however the maintenance engineer followed me to my room and didn't quit until it worked to his satisfaction. Job well done!!! We stayed 2 nights and had no more complaints, in fact before we checked out; I made reservations for Crawfish Festival :-).

Room Tip: "The hotel was only blocks from the parade route" "Two room suites are located far a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
tlhmarriott, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could quickly and efficiently fix your problem. We look forward to seeing you again for the Crawfish Festival!!
Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I actually stayed at this hotel 3 years ago, so I thought I knew what to expect. Unfortunately the hotel has changed for the worse.
Although they claim to be a non-smoking property, I was greeted at the door of my 1st King studio room by the gross smell of smoke. The arms of the chair in the sitting area were also peeling and torn. I tried to call down to report this and ask for another room, but the phone was not working. I then had to gather my things and make my way back down to the front desk.
The attendants did apologize and a note was made about the smell and the phone. I was given another room right away. The 2nd room smelled a lot better, but the arms of the chair was also in need of repair. Overall the room was clean, but the toilet seat and the sink & counter in the kitchen were dirty. Fortunately I travel with Lysol and Clorox wipes so I took care of the bathroom.
The room was spacious and comfortable, but I can't say the same about the bed. The bed was hard and I could actually feel the springs in the mattress. The sheets and light blanket looked and smelled clean, but the pillows were small and thin.
I had a hard time getting to sleep because the walls were thin & I could here the guests talking next door and the person above me walking. I also had to unplug the refrigerator because it kept making a loud buzzing noise. I'm not a light sleeper & I was tired, but these noises were enough to keep me up very late.
I really love the location of this hotel and the light dinner and breakfast that they offer, but unfortunately I don't think that's enough to bring me back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tlhmarriott, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Marriott Lafayette, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I am truly sorry about the experience you had with your past stay. We are in the process of trying to turn everything around. The chairs have had 5 years of wear and tear and are slowly getting replaced this year to meet Residence Inn's new standard/design. The pillows will also be replaced to meet standards. As for the lack of cleanliness you experienced, there was no excuse for that and we will make sure to fix that issue immediately. As for the smoking smell, unfortunately we do not have the control of what some guest do in our rooms, and smoking is one of them. Even the $250 smoking fee does not stop some from smoking. We do do our best to try and shampoo the room to get the smell out, we also put an ozone machine, but the smell of smoke sometimes is too strong and just takes time. We truly hope when you visit Lafayette again you will give us another chance to make things right.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We evacuated to Lafayette during Hurricane Isaac and needed a pet friendly hotel. Our room at the Residence Inn was very nicely furnished and spacious. We were grateful to be able to have our pet with us. The room rate included a breakfast buffet each morning. The kitchen had everything we needed. The room was quiet and very comfortable. We stayed 3 nights.

Room Tip: Having the separate bedroom with a door provided privacy and comfort. I would recommend it to all tr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gaborone, Botswana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Loved this hotel! Wish it is was closer to highway but that is the only complaint I can think of. Rooms new and very spacious. Bedroom and bathroom are separated from living room/kitchen area. Good full breakfast with helpful staff. Followed this stay with a stay at another Residence Inn which was nowhere near the quality of this hotel! Stayed here very briefly but would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This two bedroom suite was perfect. Parking was easy, the elevator was efficient, the room was spotless and it was quiet and comfortable. Even the breakfast in the morning was good and had a nice selection. The coffee was tasty also!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Marriott Lafayette? Share your experiences!