“A Must Stop Place For Me When In Lafayette” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Memphis, Tennessee
“A Must Stop Place For Me When In Lafayette”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I love this place and when in Lafayette, Poupart's Bakery is on my go-to place for treats -- Their kouiamond is sooooo good and they are often sold out of this item -- All of their treats are very tasty --

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tomball, Texas
“Delicious treats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Brought home 2 boxes of assorted treats and loved them all! Wish I had tried some gourmet of their breads....next time.

Visited March 2013
“Poupart's? C'est Magnifique!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to Lafayette on business since 2004 and I've always thought about stopping here. I finally did so yesterday for breakfast. It was so good, I stopped again today!

So far I have had a biscuit with sausage and cheese baked in the dough and a bacon quiche. I had no complaints about the biscuit, but the quiche was heavenly, with a flaky crust and pieces of bacon that you could actually see. I don't want to know the caloric content, but whatever it was, it was worth it! I haven't tried any cookie or other sweet item, but they all looked good. The mini pecan pies in particular caught my attention. The smells inside are wonderful.

The place is not cheap but it won't put you in the poorhouse either. My single quiche was $3.50 and my biscuit was $1.50.

I've heard that their French Bread is really good. I'm putting it on my "Must Have" list.

I'm in town for another week. What will I have tomorrow? It's a foregone conclusion that I'll be back tomorrow!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Red velvet dobash - Holy awesomeness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Home for Easter week and stopped in to order a cake for Easter dessert. Everything is always good at Pouparts but I wasn't sure what to order for our crew. The girls were so patient and helpful. Well we ended up w a red velvet dobash w cream cheese frosting - omg! My stepfather said it was one of the best cakes he's ever had. We all loved it! Super sweet that it makes your teeth hurt. :) Still savoring the last small slice!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisiana, USA
“The best apple strudel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great french bread, sweets, soup, etc. But the best Apple Strudel I've ever had (including Germany!) Go early or call ahead because they sell out of the strudel early!

• Visited March 2013