“May have once been "luxury" ... now simply awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Carriage House Hotel

You added Carriage House Hotel to your Saves list
Carriage House Hotel
603 Silverstone Rd, Lafayette, LA 70508 (Formerly Carriage House Suites)   |
“May have once been "luxury" ... now simply awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

This hotel advertises itself as a "luxury hotel" in Lafayette. Perhaps, at one time, it was.

Now, it's spectacularly awful.

Check-in was very convoluted as there were no clear directions as to where to park and it was necessary to walk through the parking garage and through a courtyard to the "front desk office." After check-in, it was necessary to drive up the ramp of the parking garage to the level on which the room was located where I was met by the front desk clerk who led me to the room.

No doubt, at one time the room was very nice. Now, however, the room featured a kitchenette with DIRTY LIPSTICK STAINED glasses (not a single one was clean). The bathroom featured holes in the walls where towel bars once were attached. The shower featured a four jet shower device with only one jet working. The bedroom featured scarred and nicked walls with a bed made of stained sheets. The hallway between the living room featured a beautifully dust covered wall.

Luxury? No way!

And the response from the staff was, generally, uncaring.

I would never stay there again and you shouldn't even try!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

This hotel is incredible! The room was beautiful, the staff was great, and everything in between was perfect! My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights, and we will be back very soon! We will never stay ANYWHERE else again, besides here! At the front desk was Tim, and he was really great, and very helpful. He walked us to the room, carried our many bags, and when we tried to tip him, he said it wasnt necessary. We insisted, and he gratefully accepted. He also suggested some restaurants, and other things to do, and he was very knowledgable about the area. Thank you Tim, and to all the staff there! We look forward to staying again!

• Liked — The room, staff, location, restaurants
  • Disliked — Nothing! everything was top notch
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

Frequent business brings me Lafayette and I usually stay at whatever hotel has the best rate and still offers some type of breakfast options. Last time I was in town clients brought me to River Ranch to go out to eat and I found out about this hotel. I booked and it was great! The hotel is as good as it looks online- which does not always happen. All their rooms are suites- so I got a one bedroom suite that has a huge bedroom and a separate living room. The shower was awesome- it has those sprayers like you see in a magazine...next door is a country club that guests can use and they have a huge fitness center so I could workout and go to cycling class. Lots of restaurants within walking distance and the staff was very friendly. Next time I am in Lafayette I am staying there and I have a meeting booked into their meeting rooms. Its really like a resort- I cannot wait for warm weather so I can swim laps in the huge pool.

• Liked — looked like a magazine spread and great location
  • Disliked — small size makes you have to reserve in advance
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new orleans la
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

My husband and I stayed there overnight. The place is beautiful however there were some problems. The water was luke warm, so if your looking for a hot shower this is not the place. We reported it to the office and they told us thanks they would pass it on to the manager. They also had free internet. It would be great if you could log in. There was about 4 sheets left over in the tissue box. There are to many kinks for an upscale place like this. Oh and one of the robes was dirty!!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cold water among other things
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Carriage House Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Carriage House Hotel

Address: 603 Silverstone Rd, Lafayette, LA 70508 (Formerly Carriage House Suites)
Location: United States > Louisiana > Lafayette
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 6 Specialty Lodging in Lafayette
The Carriage House Hotel offers twenty-one boutique hotel suites and six boutique extended stay condominiums with vibrant colors, custom furnishings, spa bathrooms and boutique amenities. Edgy décor is tempered with elements of residential accents. Comfort and style are balanced, and personal service and attention to detail are offered in this comtemporary environment. The Carriage House Hotel provides the services and amenities of a boutique hotel within a stylish and intimate environment. Our superb location is within minutes of the major business and pleasure destinations in Acadiana. At our doorstep are restaurants, spas and shops.Guests enjoy a serene setting within which they can live, work and play. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Carriage House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Carriage House Hotel Lafayette

If you own or manage Carriage House Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.