“Will stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 45 hotels in Lafayette
Galveston Island, Texas
“Will stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was my mom's 84th birthday and we wanted to stay near her. We made reservations online and were so impressed with the whole experience. The checkin was flawless...a nice young man. The room was clean and bed is set up away from hallway which is great for noise disturbances. We were across from ice machine (always a no-no) and we never heard it. The room was nicely dark for sleeping, bed was very comfortable, pillows were great, and we slept like babies. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in the area. It was a great experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are grateful for guests like you who take the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. We love our guests, and I am so happy that we made you feel welcome and comfortable during your stay at our property. That is what we strive for! I will pass your comments on to our team, as I know they will appreciate you recognizing their hard work. We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in town.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We recently passed through Lafayette and stopped for the night. We found this hotel online while searching for pet friendly establishments. There is a pet fee involved, but we were willing to pay, as our pets are our family. When we arrived, the employee that checked us in not only offered us pet treats, but volunteered to walk our pet while we unloaded the car!!! What a wonderful gesture. We left early the next morning as we still had a long drive ahead of us. The room as a whole was quiet and comfortable. Candlewood has earned our business for future stays when we travel with our "family".

Room Tip: Pet fee is worth the service!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you Nosilla36 for your review of our hotel. We are grateful for guests like you who take the time out of their busy schedules to review our property. I am thrilled that my front desk agent went over and beyond to take care of your pet. Candlewood prides itself on taking care of the entire family - including the 4 legged ones! I will pass your comments on to our team, as I know they will appreciate you recognizing their hard work. We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Lafayette.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I only began using TripAdvisor just last year because I was tired of reading reviews from people who claimed their experiences were the "be all, end all" for whatever they were doing. You hardly ever get a chance to read something good.

Well, I am a repeat guest at this property. I have been staying with this hotel for sometime now and I can tell you they go out of their way to take care of me. AND, at no time during my stay did I witness anything less for any other guest.

I would categorize myself as self-sufficient and not needing a lot of the amenities you get at full service hotels. But here, I get personal attention every time I walk through the lobby. I am greeted by name, always asked how my stay is and if there is anything else they can do for me, and I always get a quiet, clean, comfortable room! There is really nothing more I could ask for.

Thank you, Candlewood Suites of Lafayette, for making my stays excellent!

Room Tip: The hotel faces a very busy road; however, even when I stayed in rooms on this side, the road noise...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you ShellBelly69 for your review of our hotel. We are grateful for guests like you who take the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. We love our guests, and I am so happy that we make you feel welcome each and every time you stay at our property. That is what we strive for! I will pass your comments on to our team, as I know they will appreciate you recognizing their hard work. We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Lafayette.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We checked in on a Sunday night, the man at the front desk was extremely rude and not welcoming at all. He seemed more interested in talking on his blue tooth than he did paying attention to the guests checking in. On one trip back to the car for our belongings he was arguing with another guest over ice and would not give her any. We were assigned to a handicap room which isn't a problem but when you are staying for an extended period of time it does cause issues as there is no storage for anything. The floor in the kitchen area was sticky. The chairs at the table are extremely stained and the wood is chipped and just looks awful. The ceiling above the A/C unit is mildewed. Carpet in the hallway is rarely clean. The laundry room was dirty as well. There were papers and lint all over the floor. The stairway had not been cleaned the entire week we were there.

The only good thing I have to say about this Candlewood is the girl that works the front desk during the day is very nice!

• Stayed August 2012
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear KPace52. Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm deeply sorry the room accommodations and service you received was not 100% satisfactory. The gentleman working at the front desk on the day you arrived is hard of hearing, and uses an amplifier to help with his hearing. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in July. The staff was wonderful and the room was roomy and very clean. I loved having a kitchenette, especially the full sized refrigerator with icemaker. The General Manager was brand new, but she really knew what she was doing and was extremely helpful during a very stressful stay. She went out of her way to take care of the guests, and was willing to assist in any way she could. The young man at the front desk was also extremely helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the great staff comments. I will make sure to pass them on. On behalf of our entire team we thank you for staying with us, and hope to welcome you back to Lafayette soon.
Zavalla, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I attending a training in Lafayette and stayed at the Candlewood Suites there. This is a beautiful property with nice up to date decor in the lobby. The front desk staff was very friendly and they made me feel very welcome. The weather was nice so I really enjoyed sitting in their gazebo and relaxing. The rooms in the hotel seem larger than most hotels and almost seemed like a studio apartment. I will definitely be staying there the next time I visit Lafayette.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is AMAZING!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and agree with you about our city. We have all gained a few pounds as the number of wonderful local restaurants grow! On behalf of our entire team we thank you for staying with us, and hope to welcome you back to Lafayette soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I started traveling to Lafayette earlier this year for business and stayed at Candlewood Suites near River Ranch. Hotel is great, location is awesome, and the food in this town is AMAZING! Every time I stay (usually 6-8 days a month), the staff always directs me to a new dining location. I have yet to be dissappointed (and gained a couple of pounds--oops)!

Of all the other cities I have traveled to and hotels I have stayed at, this hotel and this city are now TOPS on my list of definite places to stay and visit!

Room Tip: This hotel is ALL business focused--no pool or breakfast. The kitchenettes are great and you can ma...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are grateful for guests like you who take the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. We know we have AWESOME food here - that's why we were named the "Best Food Town in the South" last year by Southern Living Magazine! We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Lafayette.

Been to Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch? Share your experiences!