“Great Hotel with Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
Katy, Texas
“Great Hotel with Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in July. The staff was wonderful and the room was roomy and very clean. I loved having a kitchenette, especially the full sized refrigerator with icemaker. The General Manager was brand new, but she really knew what she was doing and was extremely helpful during a very stressful stay. She went out of her way to take care of the guests, and was willing to assist in any way she could. The young man at the front desk was also extremely helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the great staff comments. I will make sure to pass them on. On behalf of our entire team we thank you for staying with us, and hope to welcome you back to Lafayette soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Zavalla, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I attending a training in Lafayette and stayed at the Candlewood Suites there. This is a beautiful property with nice up to date decor in the lobby. The front desk staff was very friendly and they made me feel very welcome. The weather was nice so I really enjoyed sitting in their gazebo and relaxing. The rooms in the hotel seem larger than most hotels and almost seemed like a studio apartment. I will definitely be staying there the next time I visit Lafayette.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is AMAZING!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and agree with you about our city. We have all gained a few pounds as the number of wonderful local restaurants grow! On behalf of our entire team we thank you for staying with us, and hope to welcome you back to Lafayette soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I started traveling to Lafayette earlier this year for business and stayed at Candlewood Suites near River Ranch. Hotel is great, location is awesome, and the food in this town is AMAZING! Every time I stay (usually 6-8 days a month), the staff always directs me to a new dining location. I have yet to be dissappointed (and gained a couple of pounds--oops)!

Of all the other cities I have traveled to and hotels I have stayed at, this hotel and this city are now TOPS on my list of definite places to stay and visit!

Room Tip: This hotel is ALL business focused--no pool or breakfast. The kitchenettes are great and you can ma...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are grateful for guests like you who take the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. We know we have AWESOME food here - that's why we were named the "Best Food Town in the South" last year by Southern Living Magazine! We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Lafayette.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for four months, in that time they had staff turn over two three times. And that's from GM down. House keeping was horrible, mice running thru cabinets. When they woke me up running across my bed it was time to go! Don't stay here!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Paul M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your stay. We are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur, and would like to investigate further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your stay.

Myrna M
Hinckley, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

The door lock did not work on the first room we were given. There was no maintenance man there until the next morning, so they gave us another room.
This one was filthy. Urine on the toilet bowl, toothpaste and hair in the basin, greasy cutlery and plates. The kitchen floor was black with dirt - couldn't have been cleaned for weeks.

This may have been a one off, but we have to speak as we find. We didn't even get a welcome when we checked in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear arnoldo33,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm deeply sorry the room accommodations and service you received was not 100% satisfactory. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here during Festival International. We got there at 10:30 in the morning hoping to check in early b/c we wanted to store our things in a cool place. There were no rooms available at the time and we had to come back after 3 for a room. The hotel is clean and the staff was friendly. There is a nice selection of snacks and drinks for purchase in the lobby. They were not terribly expensive. We only stayed one night. The only complaint I have is there was a rumbling sound that bothered me when I was trying to sleep. I'm not sure if it was the a/c or something else. I'd stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and hope you had a wonderful time experiencing one of our many festivals! On behalf of our entire team we thank you for staying with us, and hope to welcome you back to Lafayette soon.
Monroe, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I arrived on Friday , Checked in only to find stains on the bed spred. The bathroom had no toilet paper holder. The center was missing. I took pictures of this and showed the desk clerk when I left for dinner. When I returned the bed spred was changed. Saturday morning I went to get coffee and the machine was out.I asked the desk clerk and was informed the other employee had the key and they could not get to the coffee. This had not been fixed on Sunday.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Dan C,

Thank you for staying with us. It is regrettable you did not enjoy your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch? Share your experiences!