“My first choice in the future” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
“My first choice in the future”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Lafayette is our normal weekend getaway spot. I've stayed in several local hotels in the area and have always found at least one or two things I could say needed improvement. I literally had no complaints at this one.
This hotel is not only conveniently located with easy parking, a friendly staff, a great free breakfast but is also the cleanest hotel I've stayed at in a while. I'm a clean freak and I couldn't find one thing wrong with the room. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and professional. For the price I paid and got a king sweet I couldn't have been happier. I'll be back next time I'm in the area. I don't even need to look around this time

• Stayed February 2013
Carla S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that we provided quality service that was up to your expectations, and even more delighted that you are letting others know about your experience. If there is anything additional we can do to make your next stay with us more memorable, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in Lafayette.

-Carla Thompson, General Manager- Fairfield Inn & Suites, Lafayette-South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Benton, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Everything about this motel was great. The breakfast staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. Great stay and would definitely stay again if the opportunity arose. The room was perfect for our anniversary. The front desk was always completely helpful no matter what you needed. Great stay!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms overlook a canal of sorts. We didn't know that at the time or would have requ...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that we provided quality service that was up to your expectations, and even more delighted that you are letting others know about your experience. If there is anything additional we can do to make your next stay with us more memorable, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in Lafayette, and we'll make sure to reserve for you one of our river view rooms.

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I put up half of my wedding party and family at this hotel for our wedding.
The staff could not have been more accomidating. They took care of my 90-year old grandparents, making certain they had everything they needed. Allowed us to use the meeting room as a gathering point. Picked up some of our guest from the airport in their shuttle.
The location is practically in the middle of town, so it took no time for guests to get to various locations.
They were, absolutely, the best!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. It's great to know that we helped to make your wedding worry-free and memorable. We always love to have families share their special days with us. If there is anything additional we can do to make your next stay with us even more memorable, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in Lafayette.

Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a Fairfield Inn and Suites but it should be called Fairfield Suites. I was upgraded from a regular room to a suite and it was the most impressive suite I have seen in a Fairfield Inn and I've stayed in over 100 of them. The suite was two separate rooms with plenty of space. The sitting room had a desk, sofa, easy chair and coffee table. There was also a microwave and refrigerator and plenty of space to walk around. The bedroom had two queen size beds (with entirely white linens) and the bathroom was just off the bedroom. Actually the suites were laid out in a similar style to most one bedroom Residence Inn rooms. Also, the floor I was on had suites on one entire side of the hallway. I didn't count but this hotel could easily be half suites. The front desk staff were very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was normal Fairfield with an addition of eggs shaped like omelets. At first I thought they were omelets but there was no filling. I have noticed a recent trend toward more hot items in Fairfields. This breakfast was somewhere in between. I still wish their coffee was better as it was quite weak. A choice of regular and robust would be great.

This was a great stay for the price.

The price was great for the quality of room.

Room Tip: Try and get a suite upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that we provided quality service that was up to your expectations, and even more delighted that you are letting others know about your experience. Thanks in particular for your feedback on our breakfast. Since your stay we have improved our hot expanded breakfast even more. If there is anything additional we can do to make your next stay with us more memorable, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in Lafayette.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. Hotel and location were very good. We had a pretty nice big suite with two TVs. However the biggest issue was that despite the size of room we could still hear through the walls. Was kept awake by the next room's TV blaring at 2am. Also their floors must be very thin because it was terrible how we could hear the people in the room above us stomping back and forth, back and forth all night! So we had a dream room that turned into a bit of a noisy nightmare. Still, it was a very good hotel overall.

• Stayed September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

On arrival we were greeted with happy, smiling staff. The rooms were clean & comfortable. Our room had a separate area, away from the bed, with a couch and extra TV to relax. Good variety of breakfast choices. The Outback Steakhouse next door provided an easy option for dinner, and the food was great. Great place to stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night while on business in Lafayette. The only draw back is this hotel is off the beaten path near the University. I passed another Fairfield just off of I-10 on the way to this one. Never the less the hotel is clean and the staff is friendly and knowledgable of local resteraunts. Breakfest was standard but fresh and well stocked. The ros were clean and bed was comfortable. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South? Share your experiences!