“Nicer inside than it looks!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
Dublin
“Nicer inside than it looks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The real asset of this hotel is its staff. They were friendly and extremely helpful. The location is good, just far enough from Downtown to be quiet. The hotel itself looks as though a lot of time and money was spent when it was initially built but that there hasn't been much of an attempt at upkeep since (a few of the light switches did nothing, the showerhead was close to falling off). While the area is quiet inside the hotel there are various pipes banging and humming noises throughout the night so it's not the most restful of places. Breakfast can be avoided but there is a lovely vegan cafe next door which does gorgeous lunches.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheJulietHotel, General Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Carlos,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

Kali Luparello
The Juliet Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a very experience at the Hotel Juliet and it is on a wonderful historic strip downtown Lafayette. Lots to do within walking distance. Our room was very nice and it was huge. The beds were comfortable and the window appointments kept out the light nicely. The man at the front desk was very nice and gave us some good suggestions for eating.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheJulietHotel, Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Juliet Hotel. I hope that you come visit Lafayette again really soon. When you do, come back and see us!
Deville, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I made a reservation through a booking site at full price, but when I called to verify the reservation with the hotel they told me there were no rooms so I did not have a reservation..This went back and forth between the hotel and booking site and in the end we ended up with no room and not able to find another decent hotel left for our anniversary. This was our first getaway in months as we have a hectic work schedule. I was contacted by the booking site via email that the hotel was being contacted to remedy this serious mistake. I received an email from the manager stating she would be pleased to personally set up a stay for us. I called, expecting either a comped room, as most hotels would do, or a big discount, that did not happen....I was offered a 10 dollar discount....we will not being staying here again....I read on another site that the same happened to another person...We as consumers need to let this business know this is unacceptable.....I have worked in the hotel business and travel a lot and have never had a hotel behave this way and would expect more out of an upper level chain....shame on hotel juliet...I gave it a rating as one because there is no zero....There are other nice hotels in the area and really nice b$b's that respect their guest, I suggest using them just as I will on our next stay.

Room Tip: use a B&B in the area or make sure you really do have a room before you go.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheJulietHotel, Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I want to first thank you for your feedback. It is helpful for us to know what we could do better in the future to better accommodate to our guests. I have been notified of the situation at hand and offer my sincerest apologies for this mistake. It was a computer error that resulted in this devastating scenario and wish I could do something more to fix this but unfortunately all I can do is offer my sincerest apologies. I am truly sorry this happened.
Satellite Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

It's OK, but that's all. Desk staff was friendly and efficient. The location is centrally located. Our room was a mixed bag. The sheer draperies in the room had large tears in them which subtracted substantially from the ambience. The bed was reasonably firm and comfortably, but the blankets a bit on the thin side. The room was generally clean, but a black jacket tossed on the top closet shelf came out dusty. The bathroom consists of a low toilet and a shower with a nice marble surround, the sink, however, is in the sleeping area. There is what I would call a fitness closet with dumbbells, treadmill, and a stationary bike. The hallways and rooms exude a rich look with the extensive use of deep cove moldings and recessed ceilings. Overall I'd call it shabby chic.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheJulietHotel, Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the most part and I do apologize that you were not happy with some of the things in your room. These are things we are looking in to fixing as soon as possible. We really appreciate your feedback and I hope that if you are ever in Lafayette again, that you come stay with us and let us make it up to you.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to like this hotel, but there is a cross-training gym directly below my room! It's attached to the lobby. They blast bad music and drop heavy weights that literally shake the walls. This is at 9:00pm. Like I said, UNACCEPTABLE! This isn't like a temporary construction noise problem. I am pissed off. This is the most expensive hotel in town. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! Edit: 10:30pm and weight dropping/walls shaking still going... BULLs*#t

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
TheJulietHotel, Assistant General Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
I first want to thank you for your feedback. It will certainly help us as we try to make improvements to our facility. I want to again apologize for the noise you endured during your stay here with us. I can assure you I have personally brought the problem to the attention of upper management of both the hotel and the gym and something will be done to prevent this from ever happening again. I am sincerely sorry for everything.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

After reading the previous reviews, I thought most of the issues at this hotel had been addressed, but found that was not the case. I travel almost 50 weeks a year, and usually stay in Hilton properties. I tried this hotel due to a deal with RocketMiles for 2,000 United MileagePlus miles per night. I am now loathe to try either the hotel or RocketMiles again.

The ISP (EthoStream) will not connect to iOS devices. I spent 15 minutes on the phone with the company's customer service, and they had to manually connect both my iPhone and iPad. Given the proliferation of this platform I find this ridiculous.

I decided to check out the rest of the room, and found the following: no hair dryer, an ironing board but no iron, and a SINGLE hanger in the closet. During this inspection the air conditioning kicked on and was very loud.

The poor sweet girl at the front desk was very responsive, and I felt sorry for her having to bear the brunt of all of this. She told me they had been very busy lately and that all the items in the rooms seem to be disappearing. (??)

On the plus side, the room itself has some nice architectural details (tray ceiling, crown molding, etc.) but that hardly makes up for spending the first hour of my stay getting amenities in place that should have been there in the first place.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TheJulietHotel, Assistant General Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I would first like to thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your insight. I apologize that your room was lacking certain items. This is a problem that I am personally trying to fix. I am currently taking the necessary steps to replenish such items so that we may better serve our guests' needs. With your insight in mind, we are also in the process of servicing our air conditioning units to lesser their noise output as best we can. I hope with this in mind, that you might consider The Juliet Hotel in your future travels.

Management
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

This is a delightful place to stay! Don't go by the exterior. Our room was cozy, spacious, and well-maintained. We ate at two excellent restaurants within a 5-minute walk. I would stay here again and recommend to friends. The staff was friendly, but we are fairly self-sufficient and just used our iPhone to find nearby restaurants.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Management

Been to Juliet Hotel? Share your experiences!