“One of the better hotels in Lafayette, Louisiana” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15% off your rate!
Ranked #9 of 45 hotels in Lafayette
“One of the better hotels in Lafayette, Louisiana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

With very few options in hotels in Lafayette, the Hilton Garden Inn is one of the better properties in this smaller town. The hotel is clean, has a full service restaurant, fitness center, pool and staff are friendly. This is one of the newer hotels in Lafayette. The rooms are clean and has a microwave and minifrig.

• Stayed February 2014

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Crowley, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This hotel was quite nice. Nothing special, but certainly no problems. Check in was very quick and easy. The Keurig coffee maker in the room with a selection of beverage choices was nice. I did not realize that breakfast was not included until after I had eaten. $10 for a mediocre breakfast was my only major complaint.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Property and staff were outstanding in every way. The room, bed and furnishings were super. One of the most quiet properties I have stayed at. The breakfast was outstanding, each and every day. It was a pleasure to sit in the lobby and visit with friends.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed for four days on the advice of contacts. The hotel was clean , comfortable and helpful as well as representing good value. Don't get excited by the food which was pretty basic, nevertheless it was tasty and wholesome. The gym was very well equipped with new machines.

Stayed January 2014
Ponchatoula, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The best bed I have ever slept on! I want this bed at home. We really enjoyed this hotel the two nights we stayed here. It was very comfortable. We had breakfast both mornings. Loved the eggs to order! It was quick and good.
I thought the hotel staff was a pleasure.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I want to begin by stating that I am not one to write negative reviews about different businesses. However, my experience at this hotel has left me so upset that I feel as though I must let it be known. First of all. had I been able to locate an email address on the company's website, I could have addressed this in private. That was not the case, so here goes. I book a room for my husband this past Saturday. We decided to get a King Suite since it was our anniversary. We just wanted to have a nice night away from home. Later that evening I invited a good friend of mine and her gentleman friend over to watch a movie and chat for a while. At approximately 11:04 pm., we received a knock at the door. It was the lady from the front desk. When I opened the door, she proceeded to, very rudely I might add, tell me that she had received a complaint that we were too loud and that if she had to come up here again that she would escort me off of the property. Let's get one thing straight, We could not possibly have been that loud! There was no music, no party, and no fighting. We were just laughing and talking. Perhaps the walls were thin enough that our neighbors could hear our laughter. Now don't get me wrong, if she had called my room and said that we were a bit loud and asked us to lower our voices, I would have completely understood and cooperated. Which I did anyway even though she was rude. But I do not appreciate her speaking to me as if we were some loud and obnoxious teens that were causing all sorts of trouble. I am a paying customer, and a human. I would not have, and did not, speak to her like she was inferior to me. I was sooooo embarrassed in front of my guest. Sadly, the second reason we chose this location was to scope out a nice place for guests to stay along with the bride and groom of a wedding that is scheduled to take place at the Cajundome. A close relative asked me to let her know how our stay was so that she could decide if that would be the best place. I'm sure this is going to change her mind and find another hotel for her out of town guests. This matter could have taken care of better than this. I have never been treated like this before. And I thought that I should share that. I hope that someone looks into this so that it does not happen again. I hope they know how much money they losing because of poorly trained staff members.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Lakeisha,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserved during your recent visit to our area. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again so we may better demonstrate the quality hospitality you expect and deserve.
Opelousas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Awesome, couldn't ask for better for the price. Clean environment, friendly staff, comfortable rooms, great deal!!! And Awesome, couldn't ask for better for the price. Clean environment, friendly staff, comfortable rooms, great deal!!! So Awesome, couldn't ask for better for the price. Clean environment, friendly staff, comfortable rooms, great deal!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome? Share your experiences!