“Great location, easy experience” 4 of 5 stars

Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Lafayette
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location, easy experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I was in Lafayette for the Krewe de Apollo ball held at the Cajundome. I picked the hotel because it was across the street - this was to be an easy trip for me. The hotel itself is quite standard for a HGI - lobby restaurant, friendly front desk, basic amenities in the room. I was placed at the end of the hall, which I appreciated. Even with two events across the street, the parking lot was never over-crowded.There was a small indoor pool and hot tub - lots of kids, but seemed nice enough.

Travel tip: For some reason Google Maps took me in a strange way - be sure to just take University in off of I-10.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
PHXJeremy,

We really appreciate you staying with us while in Lafayette for the Apollo ball. We can’t wait to see you again soon so you can enjoy our new look as we renovate the hotel this Spring!

Bart Ferrell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying here three times in the past year. The hotel is near the athletic facilities for the University of Louisiana as well as a number of university affiliated research facilities. It has always been clean and the staff very helpful. The rooms were spacious and well appointed and since the hotel has few buildings immediately adjacent, all the rooms have a good view. The breakfast choices are more extensive than other hotels, freshly prepared, and rather good. The staff was very responsive to my needs on my last visit in October. The room I was initially assigned developed an unexpected environmental issue and despite having a full hotel, the staff were able to quickly secure a new room for me and my family. The move was done professionally and with a sincere apology for my inconvenience. I will stay here for my future visits to Lafayette.

Room Tip: I have been on several floors and have not been in a bad room yet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I would like to take a moment and say a very special “thank you” to you and your staff for your kindness the week of September 12, 2011. I arrived on Monday night. I had eaten at a Jack In The Box in Baton Rouge (about an hour away) but started feeling queasy …within an hour I was really sick. By Tuesday morning I knew I had to do something. I called down to the desk and spoke with Rebecca asking her to contact Stuller and let them know I had gotten sick during the night and would not be at the training session. She did and then called back to ask if I needed anything. I asked about getting to a doctor. She told me to come to the lobby and Kyle would take me across to the “Walk In Clinic”. Kyle helped me into the van and stayed until I got seated safely inside the building. He came back to pick me up. Not only did he drop off my prescriptions, he went inside and bought Gatorade for my weak stomach. Kyle and Rebecca saw me safely back to my room. Later when Kyle discovered the prescriptions needed to be refrigerated, someone arranged for a small fridge to take care of that and keep the Gatorade cold. Kyle even called at 3pm to tell me he was leaving for the day, but that I could call down and anything I needed was available.
The next morning, Rebecca and Kyle call to check on me. Since I didn’t really think I could eat anything, I hadn’t. Rebecca sent up a key to the hospitality suite and said to try some toast and juice when I felt like I could, or they would bring some down.
They continued to check on my progress and I really appreciated it, being so far from home and missing out on a class I had been looking forward to. So it you have to be sick and out of town….The Hilton Lafayette knows how to take care of you!

Room Tip: Stay on one of the top floors for a great view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Checking out now from a short one day stay, but I have ZERO complaints about this property. I spent quite a bit of time in the hotel, and it was outstanding. From the time I walked in the staff was very polite, professional and friendly. The food was very, very good (sales meeting meal and breakfast buffet).

One particular thing did stand out, CLEANLINESS. This property is spotless, and every time I went through the lobby I saw someone cleaning something. Their employees pride and dedication showed in appearance and comfort.

I will be back, it's my new favorite property in Lafayette, LA!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Leawood, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

...And it's a good thing! I chose to stay at this HGI in Lafayette because I have stayed in them all over the midwest with great success. I appreciate that I can go down and get snacks from their pantry, the fresh baked cookies on the front desk, the breakfast, and of course the bar in the evening. I am not a nit picker, I see things for what they are: a reasonable rate and a room that 364 people slept in last year.

Oh! And there is free internet.
Great job team.

Room Tip: If you want to see the Cajun Dome, get an odd number room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

If you need to make multiple reservations with different arrival and check-out dates DO NOT stay here. Staff is very simple minded. My companys needs were made very clear and was thought to be understood. It was made clear that there may be a late arrival, but we will still pay for the room, we just need to make sure that the room is available when my fellow co-wokers arrive from out of state. When they did arrive, the room was release and no longer available. I was still charged for this room. When discussing this with the staff, they showed little to NO concern of what had taken place. I am from Lafayette, LA, and i assure you, there are MANY nicer, cleaner, and better staffed hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Walls are thin, you can hear everything that goes on in the room next to you. "Tip" on ch...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
HGILafayette, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
cainan b,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the Hilton Garden Inn failing to exceed your expectations in reservations accuracy. Our hotel always seeks to provide outstanding service and cleanliness to our guests with the utmost professionalism. As General Manager, I would like the opportunity to make this right with you. Please contact me at 337-291-1977.

Bart Ferrell
SAINT MARTINVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I am a Make-A-Wish volunteer and would like to extend an EXCELLENT review to the management and staff at the Hilton Gardens. Thank you to Bart Ferrell (General Manager) and Chris Clarke (Assistant General Manager) and all the hotel staff that made this Make-A-Wish stay a great one. The staff and management was on hand for anything needed and let us bring balloons and goodies and decorate the wish kiddos rooms.

Kind Regards,
Holly Leblanc
Make-A-Wish Volunteer

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome? Share your experiences!