“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 45 hotels in Lafayette
Lake Charles, Louisiana, Usa
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We like the Drury chain, and this was right next door to the Drury Inn, Lafayette. Yes, a notch lower than Drury, but still a good value....clean, affordable, all amenities of Drury. Drinks were wines only, breakfast was well appointed with a choice of hot items, cereals, waffles, fruits, in a clean dining room. Our room was next to the elevator, but absolutely no annoying sounds were heard. Two tour groups of international travelers stayed here during our stay. My only complaint is the very low grade towels provided, and not many. Otherwise a very clean and great value!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here when I booked a last minute trip to support the 49ers in the Super Bowl and New Orleans was completely booked and anything near it was expensive. It was bad enough I was going to have to drive a couple hours each way in a cheap rental car but if I had a horrible room it would've been much worse even though the first couple days I wouldn't be spending much time there. It was one of the lower priced rooms in the area so I didn't expect too much but I was pleasantly surprised with the Pear Tree Inn. I called ahead to see if I could check in early and whoever was working the front desk was very friendly.

Using my trusty GPS to navigate the unfamiliar territory I ended up going down a somewhat low traffic road to the remotely located hotel. Plenty of parking. One main entrance and one back door that required a hotel key card. The front desk was let me do an early check in around 11 am. My room was on the second floor and overlooked the pool and faced the pricier Drury Inn hotel. They offered a decent free breakfast which multiple items and there was some event in the evening where you get a free beer which I wasn't around to take advantage of.

It had a old school TV that at least was big. There was WiFi and the air conditioner worked well. Very quiet those days even though there were other people on the floor which might just mean they were good guests vs sound proofing. I asked a maid to do turndown while I went for lunch one day and I came back and the room was well made. My checkout was very early in the morning, probably 4 or 5 am, and the woman working the front desk was friendly as well as the woman working security. We chatted while I was getting checked out and was on my way.

After spending a Super Bowl weekend where I spent more hours driving than sleeping logging about 550 miles on the road in a 36 hour span it was much appreciated to spend a better part of a Monday resting up and entertaining a new acquaintance in a nice, cozy environment. I can't see when I'd be in Lafayette again but if I did I would love to give them my repeat business.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Bel Air, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Picked this hotel as it was a good day's drive from our previous night in Chattanooga enroute to Houston and more importantly, since it was pet friendly.
Check in was quick. Assigned a room on the first floor near an exit - good for the pooch.
Room was clean, and what was in it worked - maybe too well.
Drove around the area and found a Church's Can't go wrong with fried chicken.
Back in the room, set up the wifi on the phone allowing my wife to watch some movies.
A problem surfaced when it was time to sleep. The AC was just too loud. Even in the off position, it still sounded like a factory. Asked at the front desk if anything could be done. Suggestion was too unplug it. Sounds good but if there was a power cord, I couldn't find it. Eventually resorted to wrapping the unit with pillows and blankets. Helped enough that we were finally able to fall asleep. Our pooch, still on eastern time, got us up at 0555. Not a very good night.
Breakfast, though, was quite good especially the sausage patties and the biscuits and gravy.
Next time I'll be sure to pack earplugs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thanks for choosing Pear Tree Inn by Drury! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed the wifi and our hot breakfast. We are sorry to hear, though, about the noise issues with the AC unit and apologize for the resulting lack of sleep. Your comments have been passed along to hotel management so we can have our maintenance team take a closer look. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable stay! We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you as our guest again soon.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family loves Drury Inns. I had enough points for a free night at the Pear Tree in Lafayette. It's a smaller hotel chain, but my kids were very satisfied with the Pear Tree. There isn't the 5oclock heavy snack like at Drury, but there was nachos. So, my kids literally said, we've got popcorn, nachos, and drinks. We are hooked up and good to go. My son was a little disappointed that the pool had debris, but it was after a storm. I would recommend this hotel any day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Natchitoches
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I admit, I had never heard of this hotel, but I did my homework and the reviews were great, so we gave it a try. My husband and I were attending a craft show and needed a good room at a good price for one night. I was pleasantly surprised.
The hotel was easy to find and check in was very pleasant. The clerk, Golden, was extremely helpful and cheerful, and answered any questions we had. She offered the evening social to us, but we had a function to attend, so had to decline.
Our room was spacious enough and very clean. The bed was comfortable and we had a good night's rest. Breakfast was hot with waffles, eggs and sausage and the other usual amenities like juice, yogurt, bananas, etc.
Our stay was top notch and we wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

It was such a good value hotel. It was very clean and we loved the breakfast, popcorn and wine every night. We didn't get a chance to go swimming but it looked nice :) we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013
North of Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We recently stayed here on our way from San Antonio to New Orleans. Te beds were comfortable, and the rooms were clean. We did have some issue with the fresh paint smell. The full breakfast provided by Mrs. Jackie was wonderful. This is a wonderful brand of hotels!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pear Tree Inn Lafayette? Share your experiences!