“Quick Stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 45 hotels in Lafayette
Austin
“Quick Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here on our way to and from Florida. We checked in pretty late both times with no problems at all. Our air conditioner did not work in our first room and they transferred us to a new room quickly. The breakfast was really nice as were the attendants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed here for two nights, and our stay was very nice. The outdoor pool was a welcome relief from the hot summer, and the evening snacks were a plus. Like other Pear Tree and Drury locations, pets are welcome here; our dog had a good time also.

The room was comfortable and quiet. The front desk staff was excellent. The location is very convenient to Interstate 10, and it is next door to a Cracker Barrel restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is a great bargain. We stay here at least once per year when I travel to my annual medical checkup. We choose this location not just for the low price but because we have found it to be extremely reliable. The rooms have been clean and everything works (Air conditioner, TV, Coffee pot).

You can receive a free glass of wine in the evening and free full breakfast in the morning. There is a popcorn machine in the lobby and exercise room on the first floor. I really can’t think of any other place I’ve stayed that has so much for the money. I do not know if they have a pool.

The only missing items are microwave and refrigerator in the rooms. I only mention this to try and provide a complete picture. These are items we do not require and given the other advantages, are superfluous. This location is walking distance to a Cracker Barrel restaurant. In fact, the only improvement I could possible think of would be automatic front doors to make it easier to load/unload your car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is my second time staying in the Pear Tree and I love it. The beds are reasonably comfortable and rooms are a good size. Staff are superb particularly the young lady at reception who checked us in (Kasey I think). The little touches like the free soft drinks and popcorn in the afternoon/evening or the free wine/beer (3 max a night) in the early evening and nachos if you fancy are great. There is a pool which is fab, my only request would be that the pool traps are cleared more frequently. Ooh and a fridge in the rooms might be nice but that's just a minor thing too as reception were happy to chill my bottles of wine for me :-)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Jackson, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I am a fan of Drury Inns and thought I'd give this hotel a try....what a mistake. The hotel was dirty and has not been taken care of. The staff was very nice but that is the only thing positive I could say about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Jackson, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

We were pleased with this hotel when we stayed here a couple years ago, so when we were on our way home from Texas this past Saturday we returned. Again very satisfied. Very reasonable AAA rate. Hotel is well maintained, located right off I-10. Had a great nights sleep. Beds are VERY comfortable. Front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, also invited us to come to the social hour with free drinks and breakfast in the morning. We didn't attend the social hour but did enjoy the breakfast buffet in the morning. The hotel offers so much more then we made use of. To us the most important thing to us when staying at a hotel is that it is neat and clean and this hotel is that. Yes we will return.

• Stayed March 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

My husband and I reserved a room here for our daughter and a friend. They were traveling to Lafayette to celebrate her birthday. After spending the night before at The Drury Inn & Suites in Baton Rouge, LA, unfortunately, they were extremely disappointed with the Pear Tree Inn. Not only with the hotel, but also with the staff as well. They said the desk clerk was very unprofessional and rude and they felt it definitely was not worth the $25 in savings.

Room Tip: There are no fridges or microwaves in the rooms.