“A rare bargain” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Lafayette
Florida
“A rare bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is a great bargain. We stay here at least once per year when I travel to my annual medical checkup. We choose this location not just for the low price but because we have found it to be extremely reliable. The rooms have been clean and everything works (Air conditioner, TV, Coffee pot).

You can receive a free glass of wine in the evening and free full breakfast in the morning. There is a popcorn machine in the lobby and exercise room on the first floor. I really can’t think of any other place I’ve stayed that has so much for the money. I do not know if they have a pool.

The only missing items are microwave and refrigerator in the rooms. I only mention this to try and provide a complete picture. These are items we do not require and given the other advantages, are superfluous. This location is walking distance to a Cracker Barrel restaurant. In fact, the only improvement I could possible think of would be automatic front doors to make it easier to load/unload your car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is my second time staying in the Pear Tree and I love it. The beds are reasonably comfortable and rooms are a good size. Staff are superb particularly the young lady at reception who checked us in (Kasey I think). The little touches like the free soft drinks and popcorn in the afternoon/evening or the free wine/beer (3 max a night) in the early evening and nachos if you fancy are great. There is a pool which is fab, my only request would be that the pool traps are cleared more frequently. Ooh and a fridge in the rooms might be nice but that's just a minor thing too as reception were happy to chill my bottles of wine for me :-)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Jackson, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I am a fan of Drury Inns and thought I'd give this hotel a try....what a mistake. The hotel was dirty and has not been taken care of. The staff was very nice but that is the only thing positive I could say about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Jackson, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

We were pleased with this hotel when we stayed here a couple years ago, so when we were on our way home from Texas this past Saturday we returned. Again very satisfied. Very reasonable AAA rate. Hotel is well maintained, located right off I-10. Had a great nights sleep. Beds are VERY comfortable. Front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, also invited us to come to the social hour with free drinks and breakfast in the morning. We didn't attend the social hour but did enjoy the breakfast buffet in the morning. The hotel offers so much more then we made use of. To us the most important thing to us when staying at a hotel is that it is neat and clean and this hotel is that. Yes we will return.

• Stayed March 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

My husband and I reserved a room here for our daughter and a friend. They were traveling to Lafayette to celebrate her birthday. After spending the night before at The Drury Inn & Suites in Baton Rouge, LA, unfortunately, they were extremely disappointed with the Pear Tree Inn. Not only with the hotel, but also with the staff as well. They said the desk clerk was very unprofessional and rude and they felt it definitely was not worth the $25 in savings.

Room Tip: There are no fridges or microwaves in the rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
I apologize for the inconvenience, Drury prides itself on offering Great customer service and want all our guest to feel welcome and appreciated.
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Shari Weber
Pear Tree Inn by Drury
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We usually try and stay at a Drury Hotel anytime we travel if we can. We stayed at the Pear Tree this trip because it is owned by Drury and had about the same amenities and it was about $20 a night cheaper. It's a nice hotel for the price. The hot breakfast was good. They only had wine and beer for evening cocktails. The popcorn was supposed to be available from 3-10 but they didn't start popping it until after 5. Our rooms were not ready when we checked in and when we opened one of our rooms, it hadn't been cleaned yet, so they had to switch my daughters to another room. It was handled swiftly and they were very friendly, but I think I will stay at the Drury next door for $20 extra a night next time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Pear Treen in on the night of October 22, 2011 after the LSU game. If was very clean, comfortable and had a good shower. We did not make it for the free drinks and popcorn that evening but that is a little something extra that they offer which is nice. Also, check out is at 11:00 instead of 10 or 10:30 like most hotels require and you can request an extra hour with no problem. Cracker Barrell is right next door which is convenient for a great breakfast! We will stay at the Pear Tree again if we are in Lafayette. We felt like it was a great value!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Pear Tree Inn Lafayette? Share your experiences!