I'll start off by saying that I usually only write reviews for hotels that fall short of my expectations. The Holiday Inn at 3903 Ambassador Caffery in Lafayette, LA falls well below what I expect for what I paid. I paid $139 + tax for one night for a room with a king bed. I’m not upset about the price, sadly that is about the average now. I am upset about what I got for the price.
The staff was friendly. The facility was awful. The room smelled bad – I don’t know what it is or why the staff had not realized they need to clean / air out the room. It smelled like a roast beef sandwich with a lingering hint of urine underneath. Basically, it was gross. I would have opened the window to let some fresh air in, but the window would not open. I suppose that’s why the room has NEVER been aired out. Truly, it is nasty.
My second problem was with the bed. The plastic sheets (I guess all hotels must use something like this) were obviously plastic sheets, and it felt awful. It felt like I was sleeping summer camp bed lined with plastic that had been repeatedly washed in urine and never washed… that would account for at leasy half the smell in the room.
Thirdly, it was the cheapest mattress I have ever seen. I would be surprised if they spent $75 on this mattress. Considering the industrial strength plastic bag they use to preserve these things, they might as well buy a mattress that can stick around a while.
Lastly, the security was poor: most of the parking lot was unlit – not because there were not lights, but because the burned out lamps were not replaced.
Overall, I will not return to this hotel. There are NUMEROUS other hotels in the area with similar or better prices. In fact, I think I could have booked at the Hilton for less than this.
If Holiday Inn continues to allow their franchise owners to operate like this, all the gains that were made in the last decade will evaporate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express hotel in Lafayette Louisiana is the premier 100% SMOKE FREE hotel in the Heart of Acadiana's Cajun Country. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette is located near the Mall of Acadiana, BP, Chevron, Cajun Dome, Women and Children's Hospital, ULL and Acadian Village. Our Lafayette hotel offers the services and amenities you need for your 'Home Away from Home.' Relax in your spacious guestroom which include: Free Wireless High-Speed Internet Access, Free Local Calls, Micro-refrigerators, two telephones (one w/speaker), iron & boards, coffee / tea makers, hair dryers and 27' TV's with expanded cable channels including HBO, ESPN, CNN, Fox News and many others. Enjoy the use of our 24-Hour Business Center, fitness center, outdoor pool and meeting room. Start your day off SMART with our Deluxe Complimentary Continental Breakfast Bar and the SMART Roast coffee. If entertainment is what you're looking for we're close to the Acadian Village, Cajun Dome, Acadiana Mall and the Downtown Entertainment district. This 100% SMOKE FREE luxurious Lafayette hotel offers discounts for AAA, Government and Senior Discounts with valid ID. Our dedicated staff is here to serve you. Book your reservation TODAY! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Lafayette
- Holiday Inn Lafayette
- Lafayette Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Lafayette