“zea's offers great food and drinks in a friendly atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 474 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We may not take ourselves seriously, but we always take our food seriously. Generic is our mortal enemy.A truly American restaurant always has an opinion.At Zea, we state ours confidently, unapologetically and with a little swagger and laughter. Maybe it's our New Orleans roots, but we know good food. And our personalities are as bold as our menu items are flavorful. As with most lovable southerners, what you see is what you get at Zea. That simply tends to be a lot of extraordinary. Go ahead - try anything on the menu. And don't worry; you'll be hungry again in a few days, inspiring you to come back and try something new.
Lafayette, Louisiana
“zea's offers great food and drinks in a friendly atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Everything on the menu is great. You have to try the cheese grits! I have been here many times and have never been disappointed.

• Visited February 2014

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Consistent, consistent, consistent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Lafayette. The food quality and superior service is consistent. It does not matter what you order, it's always done to perfection.

Zea specializes in roasted and grilled meats but also has a great selection of appetizers and salads. Among my favorite dishes are: Mediterranean Hummus, Thai Ribs (THE very BEST!), Rotisserie Chicken, Pepper jelly chicken salad, and Red Beans and Rice with smoked sausage and fried chicken breast.

Leonard Louvierre, proprietor is ever-present and ensures your experience is nothing short of superior. Zea will not disappoint.

• Visited March 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Zea's Thai Ribs to Dream About”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We knew little about Zea's except it was near our hotel...but we are very glad we found it! I find myself thinking about the delicious Thai ribs long after my trip to New Orleans was over! Many great dishes to choose from and they have hard-to-find small plates. YUM!

Visited January 2014
Lawtell, Louisiana
“Lafayette's best....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant and never had more than a five minute wait. Their food is fabulous....everyone living should try the corn grits....to die for. The thai ribs are awesome, the Asian shrimp with almonds are out of this world. The service has always been excellent and I always look forward to dining there. It is a favorite among my friends as a place to meet, eat and catch.

• Visited September 2013
Long Beach, California
“Fine dining at Zea’s in Lafayette”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I dined before with my in-laws several years ago and were pleased to return while passing through town. The parking lot was full and we had a half hour wait in the bar sipping martinis that were a generous pour. I ordered their specialty, the Thai slow cooked St. Louis style ribs and my husband had the pistachio crusted salmon. We also ordered the roasted corn grits as one of our sides. Our dessert was sweet potato bread pudding and was shared and enjoyed by all four of us. Prices are consistent with the quality of the food and the excellent service. Be prepared to wait as apparently, this is a popular place for the locals.

• Visited December 2013