“It's okay” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 474 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We may not take ourselves seriously, but we always take our food seriously. Generic is our mortal enemy.A truly American restaurant always has an opinion.At Zea, we state ours confidently, unapologetically and with a little swagger and laughter. Maybe it's our New Orleans roots, but we know good food. And our personalities are as bold as our menu items are flavorful. As with most lovable southerners, what you see is what you get at Zea. That simply tends to be a lot of extraordinary. Go ahead - try anything on the menu. And don't worry; you'll be hungry again in a few days, inspiring you to come back and try something new.
LAFAYETTE
“It's okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

On this visit all food was served cold to all parties (2) and had to be sent back. Finding our waiter proved difficult. Food was good after it was "fixed." Had a nice visit. Atmosphere is pleasant but very slow in and out.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lafayette, LA
“Pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went there for lunch expecting it to be the same that it was about 10 years ago. We were pleasantly surprised that it was even better! The food was excellent and the portions were generous. We may have been slightly underdressed in our denim shorts and sandals, but there were also yoga pants in abundance. And probably because this restaurant is right next door to the most popular gym in the city, those yoga pants were filled nicely!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Typical Chain Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food is average but they have great daily drink specials!
I like Monday $5 glasses of wine, what a deal! I've had the Mediterrian hummus which is very good but most everything else is so,so. Everyone talks about the corn grits, I dint care for them! The red beans are good though. I didn't like how they douse the steamed veggies in butter or some other kind of oily stuff.
Our location is always packed which really blows my mind because it really isn't anything to brag about.

Visited May 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“We had a little of everything and all was delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited with a group 12. We had all the appetizers. I had the pork special. It was all delicious and excellent proportions. The cheese grits, Mac & cheese, and coconut shrimp were phenomenal. The bread pudding was perfect. ( I usually do not like bread pudding). If we are ever in Lafayette again, we will return.

Visited November 2013
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Don't go for a celebration”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I called ahead the day before and the day of. I talked to the manager and explained that we were coming from out of town for a birthday celebration. He explained that they did not take reservations and expect a 30-45 min wait. Part of the party arrived early and put in our name again- An hour and half later we had a table for 8. We were put in the back of the room and had to tackle our waitress just to take our order or get a refill. Manager never came by the table and there was no acknowledgement of the celebration. I never complain about service but I really doubt I'll go back to this location.

• Visited November 2013