“Charley G's” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Charley G's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We dined here for Valentine's Day dinner. Everything was excellent, dinner and drinks. We were visited by the manager

Visited February 2014

88% Recommend
Tennessee
“No Squeeze Box In The Jelly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

When travelling in the Turnip Truck I rarely have to make reservations due to dining at "early bird" hours. I arrived at Charley G's at 4:45 in casual dress without a reservation. Next was a friendly greeting, a quick seating and prompt attention by my server Nathan, who gave me some history of the restaurant. He excused himself to talk with Chef Holly to discover the night's special -- After all, I was early for table cloth dining. My order began with a jelly glass portion of the house Pinot Grigio and an appetizer of the Coconut Shrimp and Zydeco Pepper Jelly which was only okay good as I found the breading disappointing. I must add a well done for the fresh baked bread loaves. My entree was the Pan Seared Sea Bass in a corn based creole vinaigrette sauce, and the combination and preparation was outstanding. The side of fried okra could be matched in the frozen food section of your grocery store. Overall, the sea bass made the meal. At the completion of the meal, this early birder guessed that the dining room was about a third filled and all looked to be in good spirits.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have been there just by myself and I'm very pleased with the food and service. Very good food, serving size is more on the smaller size and price on the higher, but I would go back no doubt.

“It's ALL good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Appetizer: the sampler platter. Duck and andouille spring rolls, bechamel crab cakes and coconut shrimp. Absolutely amazing.

Entree: anything on the menu. I haven't had a bad one yet.

Dessert: whatever the pastry chef offers. All homemade, all delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed the German chocolate cake.

Opelousas, Louisiana
“As Delicious as always at this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

From the always on the menu Duck and Andouille gumbo to the seasonal menu, there is nothing here to disappoint anyone. I am always amazed at the menu changes every quarter, and have NEVER been disappointed at anything I have chosen ever. Great place for a decent lunch, and wonderful place for that romantic dinner with your better half. All of the appetizers are to die for and even the new items on the menu are never a gamble. Definitely a restaurant to become a regular at!!!!

• Visited December 2013