“Great food.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 473 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Reservations
Description: They also go by the name Steve n Pat's Bon Temps Grill. It has only been open for 7 weeks.
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place is great. The first time I went I had the special jalapeno chili frito pie they were serving that day and it was fantastic. I know too that I can come here for a delicious and healthy meal of grilled fish and grilled veggies which is what I get most of the time. I need to explore the menu more but everything I've had has been great. I hope they stay open for a long time.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Louisiana
“VERY Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

VERY Disapointing. We were looking to try something new in lafayette & saw all the good reviews about this place & decided we'd give it a try. Things didn't look good from the start, we got seated next to a table that the manager was standing at listening to a complaint about the food from the customers sitting there. We shrugged that off & kept an open mind. After we were seated, no one came to wait on us for about 15 minutes. Finally the waiter came & took our drink & app order-crawfish stuffed mushrooms. Drinks & app came, the mushrooms were ok, under seasoned & not very hot but edible. Finished the apps & our drinks & waited for our salads & refills.....& waited, & waited, & waited. 15-20 minutes went by & our waiter finally came back to pick up the empty plate bottle & glass, we asked for refills & the status of our salad, he said they'd be right out.....we waited, & waited, & waited. Salad comes out & it was fresh, crisp, & the dressing was good. We wait about another 15 minutes & the server appears, hands me my steak, looks at my husband & says: "did you order food too?" Of course he had. A few minutes later the manager appears & apologizes for the inconvenience ' promises his food is coming right out. Then the waiter comes out & apologizes for forgetting to place his order. After about 10 minutes, & me being halfway through my entree, his New Orleans BBQ shrimp come out. My sirloin was cooked well, not seasoned but edible, the disappointment on my plate was the jalapeño cheese grits-they were cold, unseasoned, no jalapeños, & no cheese. My husband's dish was VERY disappointing, just looking at it you could see the noodles were way over cooked, to the point of them being broken apart. The shrimp were hard & rubbery, as if they had been microwaved. The sauce, this was disgusting, it tasted like watery worshteshire sauce, salt, & garlic-it was (for lack of a better word) gross. My husband is not picky & will normally make the best out of a situation, eat what he can, & leave it at that; this food was inedible. So we call the waiter over, show him the dish & voice our issues, he apologize & goes get the manager. Manager comes over, looks at the plate, & immediately says this is unacceptable & apologizes & offers to get my husband anything he wants. At this point, I'm finished eating & he is frustrated so he just declines & asks for the bill. So we pay & walk out, as we are leaving we cross the manager talking to another waitress & we hear the waitress saying: "they both said they were over cooked & sent them back". So apparently ANOTHER table, that made 3 we know of, was having issues. Sad to say but between the poor service & bad food, we will not be back & we will warn people about how bad our dining experience was.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Silverhill, Alabama
“Lovely Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I visited Bon Temps in the early evening when it only had 2 customers. I wasn't sure if I should go in, but figured it was early maybe everyone just hasn't gotten hungry yet. Boy was I right! About 30 minutes after I go there the place filled to the max! I had the Cajun Chicken it was downright the best. I came with Sweet Potato puree and asparagus. Both were very well done and amazingly tasty. The service was great and the atmosphere was very pleasant. The grilled chicken was done just the way I like it and the pineapple laced topping was just as nice. I had the Bananas Foster Bread pudding for dessert. The portion was huge and it was incredibly good but i just couldn't eat it all. It had a dark rum sauce that didn't overpower the pudding, but added a great taste to it. I will go back every and any time I am in the area again! If you visit Lafayette, you have to try this place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Walker, Louisiana
“Everything was Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

If you are going to survive as a restaurant in the Lafayette region, you have to be damn good; average isn't going to cut it here. So when I saw Bon Temps rated as the #2 place I had to go there. Everything we had was excellent. The sausage and boudin appetizer was a meal in itself. The sausage was some of the best I have ever had and the boudin was much better than average. The crawfish pie was huge and delicious. The cheese grits and jalapenos were no doubt the best cheese grits I have ever had. I have no idea how they get them that light and fluffy, but it works! But, probably the most memorable part of the meal was the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding. If you get that you will walk out of the place with a smile and maybe diabetes. Great place!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kerrville, Texas
“Disapointed with Bon Temps”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We found this place in October 2013 when we had two amazing meals. This time we dined there twice, one dinner and one lunch. Both times the food didn't compare to our previous visits. The redfish was badly overcooked. I gave them another chance two days later. Once again the food was overcooked. The shrimp and oyster Po Boys were cooked until there wss little flavor left. I once thought this was one of the best restaurants in Lafayette. Something has changed. Hopefully the ownership will address this. I doubt I will return. There are too many other restaurantd in the area.