“Nice, clean hotel” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Alcide Dominique, Lafayette, LA 70506   |
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
“Nice, clean hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here during my son's soccer tournament. Rooms were clean. Great free breakfast every morgan and the kids loved the free popcorn at night. The pool outside looked nice although it was a little too cold this time if year to try it.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bossier City, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here with my family April 12-14, 2013. My son had a baseball tournament. The hotel was clean, staff was very friendly and accommodating. The beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean...The breakfast they offered was excellent! Waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, potatoes,etc. They offered a wide variety. It was delicious. Overall a nice place at a very reasonable rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Reading all the reviews here is part of what tempted me to stay at the Drury Inn in Lafayette.
Unfortunately, I ended up having a completely different experience than the rest.

The hotel is nice and the stay would've been nice, except for a very rude front desk girl. I don't remember her name (because she never gave it.) When one of the four women I was staying with tried to talk to her, she would speak without ever looking up at us...like we weren't even there.

Popcorn was supposed to be given out until 10pm (clearly stated everywhere) however at 8pm when I went to get some for my mother it was all gone. I called the front desk and asked her to make more. She flat out said, "No, I'm not doing that," in the rudest tone ever.

We ended up going to the machine upstairs to BUY popcorn to make. The machine had already taken 3 dollars and we were out of ones. Went to front desk to ask for change for the machine, and once again, a straight NO. I have NEVER been treated so rudely at a hotel.

Answered a survey after the stay and the manager apologized and attempted to make up for it, but she never came through on that end. Tried to call her back several times and no reply yet.
I am still waiting for something in the mail.

Food was good, and the people serving were nice as well.
Poor front-desk service.

-Melody Dimonde

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor if you have pet allergies.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We appreciate receiving feedback from our guests and are very sorry to hear you encountered an issue with our guest service agent. We strive for excellence and try to insure that all of our guests are greeted and acknowledged by our team. I also want to offer apologies for not having any fresh popcorn for you during the times that we have specified from 3pm – 10 pm. Your comments are being reviewed by our management team so we are able to ensure future guest do not have similar experiences. Our mission is for all of our guests to enjoy their stay with us no matter how short or long it may be. It is feedback like yours that will help us meet these goals. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Joseph Baros
Assistant General Manager
Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly... Especially Theresa!! The 530 kick backs were hot and delicious. Breakfast was great even though we were late getting there. Stay here if your looking for a clean, friendly, comfy place!

• Stayed March 2013
Barton Rouge, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

It's been several years since we stayed in the Lafayette Drury Inn (IT WAS BEFORE APRIL 2012 BUT I CHECKED IT BECAUSE THAT WAS THE EARLIEST DATE PROVIDED ON YOUR FORM) , so it's possible this review no longer applies, but when we stayed there we were impressed with the facilities, the service, the breakfast buffet. I didn't give it five stars because we would reserve that for the Monteleon in New Orleans, a couple of Las Vagas casino-hotels, and a few European hotels, but dollar-for-dollar, the Drury Inn can't be beat. The only reason we didn't stay there last time is there were no rooms available. Drury Inn has the Holiday Inn on 167 in Lafayette beat---no comparison.
I want to repeat this for stress---the Drury Inn is the greatest deal in a hotel or motel in our experience.
John LaCarna

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, all rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Orange, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I am one of five sisters and we met in Lafayette because it was centrally located for us. My sister had called Cracker Barrell and the manager there highly recommended Drury. When we checked into our room, there was a problem with the ironing board bein left out and the bathroom had a used washcloth on the sink. We called the desk and Teresa (manager) came immediately and changed our room explaining there was a problem with the computer. Then later we decided we needed a roll away bed and we were not charged for it because of the inconvience. We had to call for extra towels and they were delivered promptly, with a smile. If we had a problem, it was not enough coffee, cream, sugar, etc (but that is anywhere and everywhere we stay!!). Again, EVERY employee was so nice and friendly. The breakfast was delicious and the snacks in the evening was also very good. The facility was beautiful and very clean. The location was excellent. Plenty of parking, well lit at night. Right next to Cracker Barrell. We enjoyed our weekend together and plan to stay with Drury again when possible! Thank you to everybody and especially Teresa!

• Stayed February 2013
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

After travelling all day we decided to stop here for the night. The lady at the front desk was really kind. We got into our room and then ran next door to Cracker Barrel for dinner. The hotel was wonderful. Our room was clean, beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was so good! The staff was wonderful especially at breakfast and checkout. They made sure we had everything we needed as well. I also like it's easy access to I-10. This place does sit right next to I-10 but the rooms face parallel to the interstate. Overall our stay was excellant. Drury Inn has become my mother new favorite hotel. This is the place I would stay at in the Lafayette area whether it's for business or travel on I-10 You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: This is the place I would stay at. Try to get a room not very close to I-10.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette? Share your experiences!