“Great Night” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
Denver, Colorado
“Great Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stopped here on a motorcycle trip through LA. The Check in clerk was great nice person and very helpful. Had to make some quick repairs to the bike and while I was in the parking lot melting she offered us some water. I thought that was great later we found out about the beer by the front desk and we really had a great time!!! Thanks again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Ive been staying at this Hampton inn for two months and I have to say if my company wasn't paying for it I'd go elsewhere. The pool hasn't been open for most of the summer. When I look out the window all I see is a green mess. There hasn't been any hot water for two days and the staff keeps saying tomorrow come to find out there will be no hot water till Thursday .never coming back

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hope L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
We apologize for the quality of services you received during your recent stay. We have reported the malfunctioning AC in your guest suite to our maintenance team. Our hot water heaters all went out at once and we were relying upon the delivery service to get parts to us ASAP. Our Pool was down for longer than we hoped due to excessive rain conditions and unbalanced levels. We have resolved these issues and again sincerely apologize for the frustrations we caused you. Feedback like yours will help us to improve our guest experience!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stay at this hotel every year for a bicycle race in Lafayette, it has always been great. Until this year that is! I really doubt I will stay there again.

Pros:
Location
Pool
Room size (we slept 4 people comfortably)

Cons:
Took 4 hours to give us a room on check in (we requested early check in, were eventually checked in almost 30 minutes after official check in time)
Breakfast was not ready at 6am and about 100 people were trying to eat.
Coffee was disgusting
Service and staff friendliness was appalling

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed the issues about the waiting with our team. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Mannheim, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The first impression of the hotel was ok, as expected of any chain hotel of this category. There are some cleanliness issues with the rooms though. The carpet felt somewhat greasy, and we found a cockroach on its way into our suitcase.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

This hotel is located very conveniently, close to downtown and only 4-5 minutes from the Blue Dog Cafe, one of the best restaurants in Lafayette. The staff is delightful, the area is quiet, the parking easy and the rooms standard for what one would expect at a Hampton. Additionally, prices are always very reasonable.

Room Tip: Top floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
New Iberia, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently for our anniversary and I couldn't be more satisfied with our decision with this hotel! The staff was extremely polite and helpful. The location itself is beautiful and clean. Best complimentary breakfast selection I've ever encountered at a hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here last night. I found everything to be typical Hampton. This location has not been remodeled like some Hamptons. The staff was nice, breakfast was good with the usual Hampton fare. I did like the manager's reception, which included 2 free beverages and snacks. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lafayette? Share your experiences!