“TWO WORDS "UNSANITARY & UNCOMFORTABLE"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Lafayette

You added Motel 6 Lafayette to your Saves list
Motel 6 Lafayette
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2724 NE Evangeline Thruway, I-10 at Exit 103B, Lafayette, LA 70507   |
Ranked #43 of 47 Hotels in Lafayette
“TWO WORDS "UNSANITARY & UNCOMFORTABLE"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

It was just horrible. For starters you had to tackle the door just to open it. As soon as you walk into the room there is an wierd smell and stains everywhere from the floor to the sheets and even to the walls. The room was very small and cramped.The worst part about it was the bathroom. The shower is extremely small and was dirty. The toilet was making a knocking sound the whole time that we were there and worst of all the toilet literally had urine and poop on the seat! It was beyond disgusting. As far as the service goes it was not good at all. They couldn't find our reservation so we had to pay again, but after seeing the room we decided to leave. The lady at the front desk acted as if she did not want to give us a refund. It is a crying shame that someone would actually expect someone to pay to stay there! If you see this Motel 6 do not stop there!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tampa Bay, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Tiny, uncomfortable "king" bed. Noisy compressor behind the wall going on and off all night. Miniature shower I could barely squeeze into. And Motel 6 definitely left the light on for me-all night, as I knew because the light came in through the holes in the curtain. Never again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Tilburg, Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Upon check-in the lady at the reception was very unfriendly. Seemed not te be interested in the customer. She couldn't find my reservation. That was no problem she said. We have rooms. Yeah right, and you're going to charge me twice? Another employee solved the problem. When making the reservation I indicated that I wanted wi-fi, but she had no more wi-fi rooms available.
The room was not clean. There was dirt on the carpet. Still don't know what it was. The sheets were dirty with stains.
The hotel is just off the interstate but it's a very dark area. No restaurants within short distance.
I do not ask much when it comes to motels. I have rarely had a bad experience, but this place was terrible.
Fortunately I stayed here for one night only.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Metairie, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

The room was dirty. Items were left from whomever stayed there before us, so I wonder if someone had even come in to clean the room?

The door looked like someone had kicked it in on the bottom and there was a 3-4 inch gap.

The office staff was rude to me and my husband (we are an interracial couple) and made derogatory racial slurs towards the both of us.

The whole stay was completely unacceptable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Lafayette? Share your experiences!