“Excellent choice...” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Pennsylvania
“Excellent choice...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

From the awesome friendly staff to the cleanliness of the room and hotel included with a yummy breakfast I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else! It is a little hard to find, being right behind Chili's I passed it twice lol but I guess if you follow your gps and aren't trying to be adventurous and get lost in a new city you should be fine! :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Jasmine S,

I'm glad you found us! It was a pleasure taking care of you! Our staff thrives on exceeding expectations and providing a clean, comfortable and friendly environment for our guests to relax in. We pride ourselves in being a home away from home. I really appreciate the positive feedback and will certainly share it with the rest of our Team. We hope to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Del Mar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Checking in after 10:00pm lobby was quiet and the "new smell" of a new hotel was the aroma. Lobby was very modern, check in was a breeze and we got a downstairs room with a separate room for office, and a bedroom. Modern outlets and a ton of them for all our iPads, iPods, cell phones, mac airs…etc..get my drift? We travel with a computer store. Room was very clean and new. Fridge was big enough for my cake I bought at Primo's in Alabama and our left overs for dinner. I would stay again in a minute. A bit hard to find but just put your glasses on and google it.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are suites. We have 131 and it is just perfect for our needs.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear ShannonBZ,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our staff strives to make things as easy as possible for our guests. I'm very happy that the accommodations suited your family so well. I can certainly understand the "traveling with a computer store" concept as I have two kids and feel the same way! We are glad you found us and look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Henderson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed two nights in this hotel and enjoyed the friendly staff and the clean, comfortable room. The breakfast was excellent--eggs, meat, waffles, etc.
We took advantage of the wireless Internet connection, and enjoyed the cable television, too.

Even though it was a little difficult to find at first, the hotel was easy to locate as we became more familiar with the area. We will recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Judy W,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm glad you found us! Our staff takes great pride in delivering exceptional guest service and properly maintaining our facility. I will share your kind words with the Team as it is always nice to receive positive feedback. I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Prairieville, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed for two nights at this hotel when we were in town for a baseball tournament. For the price, the quality was good. Check-in was quick and easy and the two workers who checked us in were very friendly.

The bedroom and sofa area are spacious enough where you can leave the sofabed down (and the maid did), and the divider is enough to feel the separation between the bedroom and living area.

Breakfast was sufficient with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, pastries, yogurt, waffles (chocolate and plain), etc. We also used the pool which was a little smaller than it appeared in the photos but big enough to hold all of the people we had in four rooms and then some.

The only cons I have are:

Our room did not appear to be completely clean. The bathroom could have used a litte more attention. Also there was a rootbeer bottle on the bedside table and it smelled like someone had just eaten their lunch in our room (and I noticed the microwave was on 23 seconds so that could be a possibility). The refrigerator smelled like leftovers too so maybe a box of baking soda might help that for future guests.

There weren't any bedsheets for the sofabed and only one small pillow for a room that holds four people. I had to go to the front desk to request sheets and the one person working the front desk had to piecemeal together what they had.

We got to the pool around 8 p.m. and there were only three towels left. My husband went to ask about more towels and was told there wouldn't be anymore, the person on duty was the only one working and basically she didn't have the time to deal with the pool area.

It was very convienient to where we needed to go and to access to food but not sure I would stay here again as I would like to try other properties in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear AandMColes,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

I am glad that you enjoyed your check in experience, as well as breakfast and the pool. However, I am very sorry about the cleanliness issues you encountered upon checking into your suite. Thank you so much for bringing those items to my attention so I can address them with our housekeeping staff. There is no excuse for the poor attitude of the staff member you encountered at the desk in the evening. We pride ourselves in doing whatever is neccessary to take care of our guests, regardless of how busy we are. Rest assured, we will address that problem, as well. You bring up a very good point regarding the lack of linens for the sofa bed. We don't leave the linen for the sofa bed in the room since they aren't used on a regular basis. Right now linens are given out by request directly from our laundry room to ensure they are fresh. We will certainly look at more efficient options going forward, though.

Once again, thank you for providing us with such valuable feedback. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The lobby was very clean and the people working behind the desk were very friendly. Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable, Would be nice if the TV would swivel. The bathroom is nice just wish they had a towel rack. The breakfast is good. Wish they had a microwave to warm up the pastries. Love the waffles and the lady working there is so friendly and she kept everything filled. We did use the pool and the water was clean and the area around the pool was well kept up. My only problem with the pool area is that there were 2 men sitting in the pool area drinking beer and smoking. They used a luggae rack to carry their ice chest. I mentioned this to the lady when we checked out and she said as long as it was not glass bottles that they can drink around the pool. I do not think that should be allowed but that will not stop us from staying here again.

Dear crjrsj41082,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your visit. Our staff thrives on delivering exceptional guest service with a clean and friendly environment. I will share your kind words with the rest of our team. It's always great to get positive feedback. We will certainly take your comments into consideration regarding the TV swivel and microwave in the breakfast area. I apologize that your otherwise enjoyable pool experience was somewhat interrupted by the individuals you mentioned. We will take a closer look at our pool area policies, as well. Have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location and walking distance to food. The place must be brand new. Nice rooms, very nice beds and sitting area with play space for the baby. we enjoyed the nice pool and hot breakfast before leaving. We will return.

• Stayed May 2014
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Beth A,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure taking are of you and the little one. There is certainly no shortage of great restaurants in Lafayette. I'm glad you were able to enjoy a couple of them during your visit, as well as our pool. Have a great summer and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights and had a great experience. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Here's the breakdown of the excellent and the ever-so-slightly less than excellent -

The excellent: firm but comfortable bed, lots of towels in the bath, lots of lamps, tons of electrical outlets (much more than I've ever seen in a hotel room, but great to have), friendly staff, and everything was super clean - rooms, halls, breakfast area, lobby.

The ever-so-slightly less than excellent: (1) breakfast was very good, lots of choices, but you only had a single meat choice. I'm not a fan of ham/Canadian bacon, so maybe put out some bacon or sausage with that to round out the meat selection. The scrambled eggs seem to be of the powdered variety (seems like many hotels have this kind). And since you're in the south, how about some real grits instead of the add boiling water kind? (2) TV - it was a small flat-screen, maybe 27-32 inch and it didn't swivel so that you could see it nicely from the bed or from the couch. Definitely needs an upgrade to both the size and the swivel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear dcraw999,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Comfort Suites - Oil Center. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly share your kind words regarding our rooms, staff and cleanliness with the rest of our team. I also thank you for giving us valuable feedback about the areas we can improve upon. We will certainly take your breakfast suggestions into consideration. You are correct about the fact that some of our TV's do not swivel. We will be looking to solve this issue in the near future. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and I understand there is always room for improvement. Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!