“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

A clean and quite new hotel with comfy beds, lots of just right pillows, nice size rooms, neat floor plan, great staff, tasty free breakfast, lots of parking, and a very accommodating front desk staff. Could not have been happier, and would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed here on Jan 4-5 with my family and I have to say this is a beautiful hotel. The front desk staff was very friend and the check in process was very quick and easy. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean and when I sat on the bed, OMG it was so comfortable. The breakfast was good, but it was the usual like most hotels serve. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that comes to Lafayette, because whomever stays here will not regret their stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
afgros59, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oil Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Lexi G, THANK YOU for the AMAZING review of our hotel. I have shared your experience with our staff emembers because reviews like yours encourage them to continue to provide our guests with the level of service you deserve. We have just won a Gold Award from Choice Hotels for being in the top 5% of our brand in the nation and are very proud! We hope to see you again on your next visit the Lafayette!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

So glad we got to stay here on our Road trip around the USA we usually don't book in advance just drive for as long as we feel like the look for accommodation
Well this day was a Saturday and we tried to get room at a place just before Baton Rouge only to find out everything fully booked due to LSU v Alabama football game so kept going didn't try Baton Rouge itself as would be same so kept going to Lafayette thought we were going to miss out here too as Best Western was full but guy at reception rang Comfort Suites and got us room at a price I thought was very good even printed directions to get there.
Once there was very happy with the size of the place check in staff great room way bigger than others we have stayed in and breakfast was very good and lots of choices
Checking out was easy and got printed instructions to get on to Interstate to continue our trip

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hi Aussiebill42. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Sounds like you were a long way from home and we were very lucky that you were referred to us! We appreciate your comments and I will share them with our staff members. Reviews are so helpful in communicating guest feedback to our employees. Happy New Year and Happy travels to you!
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We honestly did not know what to expect since our family had never visited the Lafayette area before. I can honestly say we were taken by surprise by the cleanliness and quality of the room and facilities. Everything was neat and well kept. The hospitality and friendliness of the employees was second to none. The breakfast served was also a plus. We will be visiting the area again soon and have plans to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: There are 4 in our family, so the 2 queen beds worked out excellent for us.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Happy New Year SMichael4! Thank you for taking time out to share your comments regarding your stay! We hope that you felt like family during your stay and we look forward to your future visits to Lafayette!
Opelousas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The staff at the hotel are very nice. They help you out any way that they can and always keep a smile on their faces and greet people. The rooms are nice as well. I love their amenities. They offer complimentary dvd players and movies to rent during your stay. They also have recreation time on Wednesday evenings from 5-7 that offer complimentary drinks and appetizers. Overall, me and my husband enjoyed our stay here. They're awesome!!

Room Tip: Request rooms with a great window view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
afgros59, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oil Center, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with my staff. We appreciate your comments and look forward to providing excellent customer service for you every time you stay with us! Happy Holidays - see you next year!
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

So I really only have one complaint in this review so I will go over the good things first.

Upon arrival at Lafayette airport I called for shuttle service. Unfortunately they couldnt arrange short term service which I was fine with. The hotel offered to call a cab and I accepted. No big deal. If you need to use the shuttle simply make a reservation at the front desk which I did for my return to Lafayette airport a week later.

As anyone who reads my reviews would know one of the first things I check for upon entering a suite is connectivity. Ive said it through most of my past reviews. In this world of smartphones, tablets, laptops, e-readers and so on it is very important to someone like myself who travels 3/4 of the year for business purposes. This was my first stay at a CS and I was very pleased to see the amount of available outlets and the recharge device at the desk with 2 usb ports and 3 ac outlets. Now I dont use my desk often as I use my phone as my alarm clock so I proceeded to the nightstand and thankfully noticed the lamp with the extra ac outlets. Why cant all hotels use these?

So right off the start I was pretty happy. I stayed here for a week and continued to be pleased with the courtesy and willingness to help by the staff. They called my room several minutes after I checked in to see if the room was ok. Which it was flawless.

After a long day of flying from Pennsylvania to Louisiana with several flight changes all I wanted to do was hop in the shower and lay down. Again, the bathroom was well laid out. Shower pressure and water temps were good.

As far as the bedding goes this was the only issue for me. The bed itself was ok, for a new hotel it seemed awful soft to me but I sleep on an xtra firm mattress at home so they all do. But my biggest and only true gripe about this hotel was the pillows. These were some of the worst I have ever slept on, i mean really these were pretty bad. The offer no support at all and I woke up most every day with a head/neck ache until I changed my sleeping position to accomodate for the lack of a good pillow. Also one thing that peeves me and if the management reads this I urge you to inform your staff of this. I know you have policies for redressing a suite. But if I take the comforter off the bed, fold it up and place it in the closet please do not put this back on the bed. I put it away for a reason and that is I understand how often these are cleaned which can range from weeks to 2 months depending on the hotel chain. It would be different if I had it laying on the floor or something but put away in the closet should trigger the notion I dont want it on the bed.

As far as hosuekeeping goes, they did a very nice job. My room was fresh and clean every day. I saw someone else complain about the air freshener. I was pleased by it and it was nice to walk into a suite that actually smelled fresh.

Breakfast was essentially the same as all other choice hotels. Waffle iron, eggs, a meat product, biscuits and gravy as well as an assortment of cereal, breads, yogurt, etc. I do have to say though the turkey sausage is just nasty. Stick with the patties. :)

All in all I really have no gripes other than the pillows. I was very pleased overall with the room and would stay here again without cause for concern.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
afgros59, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oil Center, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your honest review. Based on your comments about the pillows, I will purchase a few firmer pillows to keep in housekeeping for guests who prefer a more substantial pillow such as yourself. I appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Lebo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

As a tour director, I was at this facility with our group on October 6 & 7. We were warmly greeted, luggage was quickly delivered to our rooms, and the rooms were very nice! Every one of the tour group members was very complimentary of their rooms...no complaints at all.

Only small issue was Sunday morning breakfast. It did not seem like they were quite ready and it took them a while to get ready. Monday morning's experience was much better!

Really a delightful say! Thanks to everyone at the facility for an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We enjoyed hosting you and your group. I apologize that we were a little behind the 8 ball for breakfast your first morning with us and am happy we made the adjustment on your second day! We strive to provide exceptional service every day and look forward to your future stays with us!

Been to Comfort Suites Oil Center? Share your experiences!