“Great hotel, highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lafayette South at River Ranch

You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lafayette South at River Ranch to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lafayette South at River Ranch
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   321 Settlers Trace Blvd, Lafayette, LA 70508   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
“Great hotel, highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a handful of times over the last 2 years and I've always had positive experiences. It is a newer hotel, modern & clean -- well maintained -- nice, helpful staff. Nice, large rooms with a modern layout & design. I was in town to do business at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, so the location of this specific hotel wasn't quite as convenient as some others in town, but this place is by far the nicest hotel in town, so I was willing to drive a little further. You're in a newer, higher dollar part of Lafayette. There aren't any restaurants in close 'walking distance' proximity to the hotel, but there are plenty of places around the corner. I like to swing by the Fresh Market, personally. Overall, this is a high quality hotel, it's modern, it's clean, the price is reasonable & the staff is nice, so I'll stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Mandi F, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lafayette South at River Ranch, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you, JSalge05, for being a continued patron of the SpringHill Suites Lafayette. We thank you for the continued loyalty to the Marriott brand and look forward to housing you for your future trips to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Aix-en-Provence, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

-Nice and welcoming staff
- breakfast is delicious and a lot of various things to eat !!
- the room is spacious, very clean and modern !
-easy to access and no that far to dowtown
- great swimming pool and very clean too !

I'll come back as soon as I can !

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Remy_Blue13, for the great review of the SpringHill Suites Lafayette, LA! We are so happy that you plan to return and wish you safe international travels for the future.
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I had a great night sleep here. No problems. Comfortable beds. Fire alarm went off at about 10:30 but I guess a guest broke the sprinkler head. Breakfast was missing waffles and there were no biscuits and gravy. But no complaints.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hi Joe1234567891 from Pensacola! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Yes, unfortunately we did have a sprinkler head that was compromised and lead to quite a loud alarm and some minor flooding. But thank you for the understanding during this uncharacteristic event! In regards to the breakfast, we know as a southern population, we love our biscuits and white gravy! However, for the SpringHill Suites brand as a whole, we aren't allowed to serve this delicious request. But next time you are in town, there are some great breakfast locations near by we can recommend a quick pick-up! And our made-to-order waffle station is now served during the weekend breakfast hours starting at 7am!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The design of this hotel is ultra modern and follows this theme into its suites. Nice separate area for your business work. Complete with a plug in and cord for your iphone. Large bath and dressing area. Very comfortable mattress for a nice evenings sleep. Price is very reasonable for their king suites. Complimentary breakfast is super and not your standard fare. Give this one a try.

Room Tip: Higher floor suites are nice
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the wonderful 5 star review, DRip2014! We hope you return to the SpringHill Suites Lafayette on your travels from Austin.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel during a trip for a company picnic, and we loved the location. It was close enough for shopping, good eats, and in a nice upscale area. Didn't interact with employees other than during check in, and for a minute with housekeeping who said good morning and joked with me for a bit. Our room was very nice and clean, bathroom was a good size, and TV size was great as well. I used the fitness room on Friday however, and there weren't any towels. This was at about 9 pm, perhaps they took them out to wash, but I had to bring my own from my room. I wish they had more than just the elliptical and treadmill, and weights. A stationary bike would've been nice... but for the most part, it was fine. I didn't really grab breakfast , as I'm on a low carb diet, therefore I only had the eggs and ham, which the ham was a bit dry. The pool is a bit small, and didn't have much of a shaded area. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review, Linnet M. We are glad you enjoyed your weekend with us and hope you stop by in your future travels to the Lafayette area. We do typically have towels in the workout area so our apologies that this was not the case during your visit. Please feel free to recommend any of your friends and family this way!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I was not impressed with the front lobby. A large open area which includes chech-in, dining, and mounted TV screens. Furniture is ultra modern, and not appealing. I had a king suite, and the room was one of the weirdest set-up I have ever experienced. Little privacy. there is only one door in the room, and it is to the toilet/shower area. No privacy if there is more than one person in the room. One would have to go into the toilet area to dress. The kitchenette has a very small microwave, a coffee pot, and a very small frig. They had 2 paper plates, and plastic fork and knife. I am not into plastics. I want the real deal when it comes to eating. They also use plastics at the buffet. The buffet was not appealing, so, I did not eat there my entire stay. Poor light over the vanity. On a positive note, I Liked the walk in shower, and the room was clean.

• Stayed July 2014
Mandi F, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lafayette South at River Ranch, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hi Gravenburg,
While we are very happy that your room was clean, we are so sorry that you are disappointed with the SpringHill Suite's different kind of upper-moderate all-suite hotel brand with modern style and design. We understand that the taste is not for everyone but appreciate your honest feedback! Best wishes for safe travels in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We just left this hotel for two dats and it was awesome! The hotel is located in River Ranch which is a VERY nice, brand new part of town. Nearby are many restaurants, a driving range, and a movie theatre. Also a Target nearby if you forget anything at home. The room was very big, modern, and comfortable. There is I seating area with couch and full size desk. No bath but great big shower. Also a microwave, mini fridge and coffee. Flat screen tv with HBO and all local channels. We slept very well as it was quiet and the beds comfy.
The free breakfast is fantastic. There is a person that works down there to make sure you have everything you need, and there were upscale businessmen there for a conference. They chose well. The breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, strawberries, cantaloupe, deli meat and cheese, flavored greed yogurt, toppings for tout oatmeal like cinnamon and honey, wonderful coffee, croissants, four types of cereals, bread, bagels, cream cheese, Jams and jellies, even toppings for scrambled
Eggs like spinach salsa and cheese. Milk, orange juice, and water of course.
Great hotel! Would definitely recommend it.

Stayed July 2014
Thanks, Jeremy L, for the great review. We hope that you visit us again if your plans ever bring you back to the area. And here's a tip, if you are looking for a bathtub with shower, try our Queen/Queen Suites and you are sure to be pleased!

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lafayette South at River Ranch? Share your experiences!