“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Enjoyed the hotel and the great staff over a Good Friday weekend when in Lafayette. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who travels with or without family. My family enjoyed our 2 day stay at this hotel. Great job to the hotel Manager who has a great team who knows what service is all about.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for the compliment. Our staff takes great pride in making certain that our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable experience so I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your Easter weekend with us. Please come back the next time you visit Lafayette!

Ken Ritter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the Homewood Suites on Kaliste Saloom in Lafayette, LA! The suite was amazing and so functional, and a great value. And the complimentary breakfast was outstanding! We will definitely stay there again when we are in town to visit our kids and grandkids!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hi Donna D,

Thanks for the excellent review of our hotel! I am delighted to learn that you thought the suite was amazing, functional, and a great value. I'll share your comments with our breakfast team as well so that they can be recognized for the outstanding breakfast. We hope to see you again soon with your grandkids.

Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

From the moment you enter the lobby of Homewood Suites in Lafayette, you just know that this is no ordinary hotel. Gleaming marble floors glisten to welcome you in, and friendly reception staff check you in with courtesy and respect. As you walk down the corridor to your room, you bounce on marshmallow carpets, and then you open the door, catching your breath at the sheer size and quality of where you are about to settle in to. Tastefully decorated throughout, you could be forgiven in thinking you have checked into the wrong hotel by mistake, it is that good, and fully justifies the glowing tributes posted on Trip Advisor. We had a one bedroom suite, which oozed homeliness and comfort, with a bed seemingly made out of the fluffiest of clouds. Forgive the superlatives, but this hotel is outstanding, and were it to be situated in major tourist hotspots could easily command overnight rates double of what is expected in Lafayette. Easily a 5 star rating, and then some.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi LyeCon,

Wow...Thanks for the fantastic review! I agree with you that we are not an ordinary hotel and I appreciate you taking the time to write an accurate review of our hotel and it's value in the market. Please come back the next time your travel brings you through Lafayette. It would be our pleasure to serve you again.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stay in this hotel a lot for business, and I am never disappointed. Although my visits are 2-3 months apart, the staff always recognize me the second I walk in the door. One trip, I came down with the flu, and they took care of me! The rooms are clean. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfasts and dinners provided here are more than adequate, and exceptional for a free hotel meal, but there are a hundred excellent restaurants nearby as well. I consider this my home away from home.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hi Laura G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor. I am looking forward to sharing your feedback with my team tomorrow morning. It's always great to hear from our guests and we really appreciate your business. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We spent two nights at the Homewood Suites.
Our room / suite was new, clean, and very comfortable. The breakfast area was spacious, well stocked, and staffed with very friendly ladies. Everyone greeted us with a smile!
Can't ask for more than that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thanks for the feedback. I sincerely appreciate your business and am so glad to read that our staff treated you well during your stay with us. I agree that a simple smile goes a long way! Please come back and tell a friend. We would be honored to earn your business again.

jaguar7777777
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and found that both the room and the bed were excellent. Didn't have time to see too much in the area (we had a thunderstorm one afternoon) but it seems to be in a good location if you have a car. The breakfast was a bit better than the average you get in these type of hotels/motels, but I do wish they'd offer fresh eggs instead of scrambled all the time. Ok, moan over, we liked this place and would recommend it. The people behind the front desk were great and the shuttle service is very, very useful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent two night visit in Lafayette. We sincerely appreciate your business. I'm sharing your feedback with my team and invite you to come back the next time your travel brings you to our area.

Doha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I visited Lafayette for a week long training session. Luckily for me, Homewood Suites was a 3 minute walk from the training venue which was a big plus point. I checked in pretty close to midnight and the check in was really smooth. The suite was really comfortable with a living room, a kitchen area with all necessary accessories and a really comfy king size bed in the bedroom. The rooms were kept extremely clean during the stay.

The only negative point I experienced was the breakfast/dinner which left a lot to be desired. The quality I felt forced me to sometimes have only cornflakes/oats, bread and juice. The dinner timings were pretty early. I therefore pretty much went out to eat daily. Thankfully, Lafayette has a lot of good restaurants...so the food aspect hardly affected me.

Overall I would say my stay at Homewood Suites was really good.

Room Tip: Very good store at reception area where a lot of things are available.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for writing a review of our hotel. I was glad to read that your suite was comfortable and clean during your training session. I also appreciate your candid feedback regarding our complimentary food and beverage service. We count on guest feedback to let us know what we are doing right and to know where we must improve so I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Please come back the next time you are in Lafayette. We would love to be your home away from home again.

Ken Ritter

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!