“Home from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
UK
“Home from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We only stayed 1 night which was a bit of a waste as the facilities in this hotel are fantastic. We had a king room which consisted of large sleeping area with a wonderfully comfortable bed, huge bathroom, large sitting area with sofa, armchair and table, full kitchen which includes hob, microwave, dishwasher and full size fridge. There was also a dining table and 2 chairs and a study desk. Everything was spotlessly clean, there were plenty of towels and also mini toiletries. As if this wasn't enough, complimentary breakfast was included and the choices were good, including hot fare. Next time I visit the area I will stay longer here as it really is a very nice hotel and good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ken_Ritter, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. I was pleased to see that your suite was "spotlessly clean" and that you thought our hotel was "a great value for the money." We sincerely appreciate your business. Please come back the next time you're in the area.

Respectfully,
Ken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We just spent 5 nights at Homewood Suites in Lafayette, Louisiana and had a great and relaxing stay in this great location. We met some wonderful staff and enjoyed a great banquet meal as guests of Stuller. Hope to visit there again when it isn't raining so we can eat at more wonderful restaurants and tour the swamps, a plantation, New Orleans and much more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello and thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear that you had a great visit because we enjoyed having you as our guest as well. Please come back the next time your travel brings you to Louisiana.

Warmest regards...Ken
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our one bedroom suite had a fully stocked small kitchenette & den area. Large, flat screen tvs in the den & bedroom. We loved having a large refrigerator & freezer. The air conditioning worked great as did the shower. Ample water flow.
The breakfast buffet changed each morning. It was a nice touch.
The grounds & common areas were very nicely appointed. We had an event to attend in the conference room & it was very comfortable.
The staff was extremely pleasant, no matter the hour. They always made a point to greet us. I was most impressed by their great attitudes.
It was close to all area attractions.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or to recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room & they put us away from the lobby. Our room was at the end of the hall...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your review and feedback. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to compliment our staff. We take pride in making certain that our guests have comfortable and enjoyable visits so I am glad to learn that your experience was not an exception. Please come back the next time your travel takes you to Lafayette.

Ken Ritter
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding at the nearby attraction known as Vermilionville. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. It was immaculate and looks fresh and new. There was ample space in the living area to sit and visit and the entire suite in large and comfortable.

There also was a wedding party staying here which did concern us because they were on the same floor as we were. However, we did not hear any of the noise we had expected from the group.

This location is not near the interstate, but is very close to dining and shopping options if you have transportation. There are alternatives within walking distance, just not as good. The best places are found along Kaliste Saloom.

This location is close to the airport, but I did not notice air traffic noise.

There were two things which prevent me from giving this hotel 5 stars. One is the breakfast selection was a bit of a disappointment. Selections were not abundant nor were they replenished in a timely manner in what seemed to be an effort to force guests to eat what was on hand and there was some problem with an area near the lobby that forced guest to go through a maze just to reach breakfast. No explanation was given as to why the area was roped off. The other reason was the difficulty in trying to keep the temperature set where everyone was comfortable. One bedroom was too cold while the other was too hot. There is only one thermostat for the entire suite.

I would, without a doubt, stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and have shared your review with my team so that we can continuously improve our service. I appreciate your candid feedback about our breakfast in particular. Homewood Suites takes pride in our breakfast variety so I apologize that the selection was not up to par or replenished as it should have been. Please come back the next time you're in the area. We'd love to have you as our guest again.

Warmest regards,
Ken
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We just returned from a week long trip in Lafayette and I have to say this hotel was fantastic. We had a King bed suite and the room was comfortable, well appointed in decor and the full kitchen was a bonus.

The location is absolutely perfect. Close to the airport and all of the best local restaurants. The staff member told us to check out the Zydeco breakfast at Cafe des Amis on Saturday morning and what a great time we had!

The staff was very friendly and helpful with information not only on great places to eat, things to do, but just to chat with.

The pool area was wonderful with plenty of deck chairs, and a beautiful large gazebo areal with comfy wicker furniture for those that want to be outside, but out of the hot sun.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us. I am also glad you were able to enjoy the Zydeco breakfast at Cafe des Amis while visiting our area. Please come back the next time your travel brings you through our area.

Warmest regards.....Ken
Pinehurst, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My sister, my son, & I stayed here while in the area due to my mother's illness. The suite was beautiful & we felt very much at home. We were very comfortable & even decided to stay an extra night. The suite has everything you would need with a nice kitchen. I hope to stay here again on my next visit. The staff was very nice & helpful. Breakfast was great, lots of choices!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. I sincerely hope that your mother's health has improved. Please come back the next time you are in the area.

Warmest regards....Ken
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I made reservations complete with confirmation prior to my departure from home and an approaching mandatory evacuation from Hurricane Isaac. As we live near Lower Louisiana's coastal area"s. All was well on check in, but I noticed they were flip flopping on room rates, maybe due to the approaching storm. Feeling secure due to our confirmation reservations we checked in We weathered the storm, waited for roads and power to be restored and checked out on schedule. Wow: My bill was padded almost $300.00. As an honours diamond club member this has never happened before. Sadly, the front desk lady Sheila was not friendly about it either. She was banging her fist on the counter when questioned of this error. She made me call hhonors although it was all confirmed in advance and reluctantly corrected the error and billed the difference of the up charge fir Hurricane nights to honours diamond club. Thanks for your cooperation during a already stressful period.

• Stayed August 2012
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. I always appreciate hearing from our guests and apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted. Please contact me at 337.264.6044 as I would like to learn more about your experience. In the meantime I have taken your comments to our team to correct the incorrect charges and I sincerely regret the poor experience you received from our staff. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I do hope that you will be our guest again.

Respectfully,

Ken Ritter

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!