“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
Shreveport
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed at the Homewood Suites when I was in town with my family. I work in the hospitality industry and l tend to notice small things other travelers do not. I was so impressed with the cleanliness, size and price of the suites. Full kitchen and a helpful staff. I really enjoyed my stay and will be back in May for a wedding!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for the positive review and for your business! I really appreciate the feedback especially since you have an eye for detail. We look forward to your return visit in May. Thanks again.....Ken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We went to Lafayette to visit my wife's cousin who just had a baby. There were 5 of us, my wife, my 2 daughters, my mother-in-law, and me. I rented a 2 bedroom suite, one with a king and the other bedroom with 2 queens. Homewood Suites is located very near the airport. Its common areas were clean. It looks fairly new. The lobby is very spacious. The room itself was nice. It has a small kitchen with a microwave, a stove and a refridgerator. It also has a small living room with a sofa, a chair, a desk with a chair and a tv. The bedrooms were roomy, each with its own tv and full bathroom. Overall, the room was great. The only reason I'm not giving it a VERY GOOD rating is because that evening, when I went to take a shower, there were hairs in there. I called the front desk and all I got was an "oops, sorry". When I said that I needed more than that, that I needed someone to come clean it, she said the cleaning crew was gone. I told her that was unacceptable; only then did she offer to come with some towels and remove the hairs. I told her not to bother, that I wanted to speak to the manager. She said he wasn't there, that I needed to speak with him in the morning. She told me to speak to Ken. I asked her to have him call me when he arrived. Do you think I got a call? Of course not. That would be too much like right. And since I had already prepaid through Priceline.com, after breakfast the following morning I forgot to go by there and ask to speak to him. By the way, the breakfast was free. That's all I can say about that.

All in all, it's a good motel to stay at as long as they pay more attention to cleaning the rooms. Also, they allow pets, which we found out as we were walking down the hall to the elevator. A couple came out of their room behind us with 2 dogs, 1 on a leash, the other not, a cute black lab puppy, which thought that my 3 year old wanted to play with him, which she didn't, she's a little afraid of dogs, and the dog was almost as big as her. Needless to say that a rambunctious puppy and a nervous 3 year old don't mix. The puppy scratched my daughter on her arm. I was so mad. I didn't say anything to the couple, they were apologetic, but who in their right mind lets a hyper puppy run around a hotel without a leash. The other puppy they had was on a leash. Did they not have a leash for it? Did they forget it at home? Did they lose it? I suppose these questions will stay unanswered forever. My baby was fine. She's still afraid of dogs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your candid review. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you encountered. Feedback provides valuable insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness, friendliness, and comfort are our first priority. I’ve shared your experience with my colleagues so that we can know what we are doing right and where we must improve. Rest assured that your comments were beneficial for us and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thanks again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to Lafayette.

Warmest regards,
Ken Ritter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

The reviews I read were right! This is a very nice, spacious place to stay. Breakfast was good. Staff is very nice. Bathrooms could have been cleaner, that's my only complaint. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sharing your review with my team so we can continously improve our service. Everyone on our team takes pride in ensuring our guests a clean and comfortable place to stay and guest feedback enables us to know what we are doing right and where we must improve. Please come back the next time you're in Lafayette.

Thanks again,
Ken Ritter
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business last month and was pleased with the room and the hotel staff. Could not have asked for a better experience!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thanks for the review! I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your experience. Please come back the next time you are in Lafayette.

Warmest regards....Ken
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I have stayed in many hotels since we have been married and the Homewoods Suites in Lafayette, La is by far the best. We have seven kids and we search for high quality places to stay. This is the only place we have stayed where it felt like we never left home. It was also the only hotel we were given the opportunity to choose what floor we wanted to stay on. The complimentary breakfast and dinner was very nice.

We have family in the area and will be back in the near future. Now we have a place to return to time and time again.

Thank you for the pleasant stay.
Family of nine.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you felt like you never left home while you and your family were our guests. We strive to make every guest experience a positive and memorable one and I am delighted to learn that yours was not an exception. Please come back the next time your travel brings you to our area again.

Warmest regards....Ken
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Our family stayed in this hotel while on vacation and it was the nicest hotel of our trip. The room was spotless and spacious. We loved having the fold out couch for an extra bed. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic! This hotel is a great value and a beautiful property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and for recognizing the value that Homewood Suites offers our guests. I sincerely appreciate the kind words about our hotel too! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Lafayette.

Thanks again ….Ken
Metairie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Beautiful Hotel, spacious clean rooms and free breakfast and dinner. This hotel is in a great location close to just about anything you want to see. Awesome service from the front desk, housekeeping and Engineering, everyone was very friendly and always greeted me.

Thanks you, I'll be back

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the positive feedback! Everyone on our team takes pride in ensuring our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay so I’m pleased to see you had a great experience. Please come back the next time you are in Lafayette.

Warmest regards…Ken

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!