“NOT WHAT IT SEEMS! Living Social deal.” 3 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
Ranked #2 of 19 Activities in Lafayette
More attraction details
Owner description: Pastor Brothers Excursions is your answer to having an authentic cajun experience visiting southwest louisiana. Tours include, Cruising Down the Lazy Bayou Vermillion in your private luxury SunCriser, Exploring 2 Cultural Cajun Heritage Parks, Learning how to Cajun Dance, Peeling a crawfish and sampling some of the areas most unique foods and Live Cajun Music. All in One!!
“NOT WHAT IT SEEMS! Living Social deal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Ok, so I bought the Living Social deal for $27. It advertises drinks on the boat, bayou tour, live music and dancing afterwards (or before). The drinks are good on the boat, homemade, but they were warm cause there was little to no ice in the cooler. The biggest downfall was that the Living Social deal is only available Sundays and have to be scheduled in advance and most Sundays are unavailable. THE BIG LETDOWN was that the place where the live music and dancing are doesn't operate on Sundays so the whole "live music and dancing" doesn't apply and should be taken out of the offer description.

pastorbrothers, Owner at P. Brothers Cajun Excursions, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Bonjour! We at pastor brothers do our best to give the most Cajun expierence possible for the most affordable price as is our mission statement to share the love of Cajun country with locals and tourists alike. We can say that for the price and what is offered for 27 for two people you get quite more than what can be found anywhere in entertainment and value. Vermillion ville is open and has been open every Sunday since 1992 and hopefully will continue to do so offering live music and historical entertainment for the whole family. Your ticket included entrance into veillionville and the dance hall (a $20 value) as well as a 2 hour boat ride with cocktails for two (a 50 value). I personally do these tours to give everyone a chance to enjoy this expierence an d see the beauty of the bayou for an amazing value. As a guest, you are in controll of your own schedule, if you elected not to take advantage of the village and the free dancing, then that is entirely your option and I truly apologize for your feelings of being slighted in any way, but I assure you that this was no fault of pastor brothers as is all admissions are pre payed ahead of time.

Opelousas, Louisiana
“It was very entertaining and fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

My party and I really enjoyed our excursion. Lots of interesting information given while being entertained. Absolutely worth the time and would recommend this outing. John thanks for making our Sunday lots of fun.

Severn, Maryland
“History made interesting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I were lucky enough to get aboard a Vermillion River cruise last week. It was on short notice but we were accommodated just the same. The Captain first took us to the Cajun Museum for a film then he personally walked us through the history lesson in the display. He was very knowledgable, being a local himself. We moved onto the boat and were informed of events and places of interest along the way. At one point, we learned that the river area, upon which we floated, was a trade center for early pioneers. Can you just imagine the number of souls who crossed this same place in history, before us? It was a great adventure and we learned a lot. Try it, I think you'll like it! Paul

Visited July 2012
Hawley, MA
“Can't wait to do it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Visiting the Lafayette area of Louisiana for the first time I wanted to plan something special for a group of women I work with who do animal rescue in their community. I thought a bayou tour would be a great idea and I booked the Pastor Brothers. Philip, our guide, was personable, funny and knowledgeable and the 9 of us had a superb time! HIGHLY recommend!

Visited June 2012
10 attraction reviews
“Improvement needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

My wife booked a tour of the Vermilion as a Father's Day gift. Great idea. Although our boys enjoyed being on the river, I'd have to caution anyone interested in booking such a cruise/tour. Our boat was stopped by Water Patrolmen who issued our captain and boat owner citations for expired registration and life jacket violations. It really messed up what could have been a fun hour or so on the river. Additionally the pontoon boat was very dirty and seats were in need of major repair. While I would recommend, it wouldn't be without some hesitation and caution!!

, Owner at P. Brothers Cajun Excursions, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Good morning readers:) It is always our goal, more than to make money, to share our way of life with travelers from all over the world and have them leaving with the true essence of how fantastic cajun country truly is. As we all know, in business, things happen to even the best of us. This problem was a technicality that was worked out with the state and their paperwork end. I have recieved formal appologies from the department responsible for this but unfortunately, i cannot undo a bad review. Beyond this the captain responsible for not double checking this situation before embarking on the tour has been reprimanded and this situation, although an easy fix, still happened. From this time we have made every attempt to give these guests compensation, and, we feel that if i personally give them my tour, they will be more than satisfied and leave our area with a cajun skip in their step. We appologize emphatically for any expierence that would not honor our culture, our people and our way of life. I am dedicated to ensuring that this particular issue will not happen again..
John Pastor (owner)