“Excellent, professional service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Attakapaw Swamp Adventures, Zydeco Dancing, Food Tours, History & Culture all in one place! Our two part custom designed tours allow you to get the most out of cajun country in a one stop shop! All conveniently located in the heart of lafayette! We can even pick you up from your hotel!
Natchitoches, Louisiana, United States
“Excellent, professional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

John personally conducted our tour and was a model of professionalism. My parents came down for a visit from Wisconsin to experience real cajun culture, which is exactly what John sells. By the end of the day we had a fantastic view of the cajun people and Acadian culture like we never knew before. John took us out of our comfort zone and took us to areas you will never experience in a traditional tour. We got the most out of our day with him from visiting a traditional Zydeco Dance Hall, to trying traditional foods in local favorite places, to touring swamp areas and just relaxing. It was truly a cultural, historical, lighthearted, and fun experience. Five Stars!!!

Visited February 2012

Victoria, Texas
37 attraction reviews
“THEY NEVER SHOWED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We waited on the mosquito infested dock, waiting for them and they never showed up!!!! I called and they said that they had some boat trouble. Never called me to let me know, we set aside the whole evening for this and this is how they treat there customers. They have other jobs and this they do on the side,and is odviosly not there first priority!!!

Visited January 2012
pastorbrothers, Owner at P. Brothers Cajun Excursions, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Our Appologies that your expierence was so un satisfactory. We take great pride in trying to give the absoute best expierence with what we have to offer. Unfortunately our boat did expierence a engine problem and currently it is in the shop for. We have had a meeting and have decided to upgrade our phone system to accomodate this specific problem. Our usual policy is to book online with a 24 hour notice to have the delux expierences with captain john or captain philippe and have basic bayou rides available on short notice through captain brent. These will all be made available online shortly and also the problem of the phone answering will now be forwarded to a professional answering service so that we DO NOT have a repeat of this instance again. I cannot tell you how much it hurts us to have bad reviews but I also know they are earned. Hopefully the we would love have a way to make this up to you in any way and to fix this terrible customer service occasion. I would love to offer a complimentary DELUX tour to you in repayment for this instance (a $120 value) and give you the full expierence of a lifetime. Also please feel free to call me on my personal cell 337-349-8528 for any other needs you may require. I am confident i can deliver you a truly amazing expierence in cajun country as is what we do here on the bayou.
Yours,
John Pastor
Owner of Pastor Brothers Cajun Excursions
Duson, Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
“so much more than a swamp tour!!! A full day of seeing Lafayette from a locals point of view, GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I bought the all day passes for my boyfriend (a LA native), my self (lived here for 12 years originally from MD) and my sister (lives in VA and this was her first time visiting LA). I wanted to show my sister a different side of Louisiana. We had day trips planned for the "toursity things" but I wanted to show her something that you don't see on the news, places where we go to and where we eat. I came across Pastor Brothers completely by accident and it was a blessing in disguise. Baby John was the most fun and gracious host and captain that we could have asked for. He was able to show our group, me included, parts of my very own backyard that I never knew existed. We peeled crawfish, ate some wonderful home cooked food, got my ultra reserved boyfriend to "zydeco", while Baby John played the accordion (quite good I might add), my sister who has some trouble walking and I who has a fear of water where completely at ease on the boat and it was shaded! I learned the real history of the cajun people and for the first time, truly became proud to be a transplant here. I hope that I am expressing enough how completely satisfied I was with the trip, I will recommend this trip to anyone and whoever comes to visit me in LA this is a MUST, in fact my boyfriend and I are planning to take his parents in the spring (when the weather warms).

Visited October 2011
Abbeville, Louisiana
“C'est beau, c'est bon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Took our Canadian Family on a tour with Capitain John and had a blast.
C'est un des plus beaux souvenirs qu'ils ont ramené avec eux en Acadie.
We saw it all and tasted it all. It's a great thing to do with out-of-town guest or if you just want to relax and have some cajun fun.

Un bien beau gros merci Capitain John!

Visited October 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great Custom Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

John customized the tour for my tastes. Had a great time and learned a lot about Cajun Country and culture.

Visited September 2011