“Great food every time at a fair price!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sandwiches
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Lafayette, LA
“Great food every time at a fair price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Yesterday we went to Louisiana Poboys for about the 20th time. The main thing this place has going for it is that the food is consistently good. The food is always hot and cooked to order which is amazing because they have a pretty large client base.

My favorite time to go is 11:00 AM because they are usually pretty empty and I get a second to relook over the menu. They have some of the best burgers in Lafayette, great poboys, and wonderful gumbo (which is served everyday).

This is not one of those places that is going to make you say "Wow!" but they deserve a rating of 5 for consistent high quality food. There is never a chance that you could go to LA Poboys and get a bad meal and that is worth gold to me!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Dallas, Georgia
“Over Spiced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Walked in atmosphere was very nice. You have to order at the line no table service. We ordered to go and it did not take long, but then we were the only people in there. I ordered the oyster po boy and fries. Got home everything still warm. Took a bite of the fires and had to hurry to the fridge to get a drink. They add spice to their fries. Took a bite of my oyster poboy and was not able to taste the oyster because the batter was to spicy. Don't get me wrong I love spice. But when you can not taste the item you ordered because it is to spicy then it is not good. I will never recommend this place to anyone or eat here again. I also notice that there operating hours during the week are until 5. That should tell you something about the business they get.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Needs to do better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We only knew about this place because of a Deal Chicken coupon. I bought one and decided it was worth a try. The place was completely empty and now I know why. It was obvious that this was our first time there because we were standing at the wrong register looking at the menu. Instead of the cashier letting us know we were at the wrong place, she just stood there and looked at us. We had to realize we were at the wrong register. Strike #1. Customer service is very important to me. Then they had a combo where for an additional 2.00 you can add fries and a drink. I told her that I wanted the combo and she informed me that I can't use the Deal Chicken with any other offers. REALLY? A combo meal is an offer?? Strike #2. Strike #3 didn't come until I actually started eating my Shrimp Po-Boy. It was as if they actually have a set number of shrimp that they count before they put it in. Not what I am used to. Wasn't satisfied at all! Had to go to Old Tyme Grocery the next day to fill the craving I had for a Po-Boy. You would think they would go out of their way to satisfy new customers (since I assume this was the point of advertising on Deal Chicken!) Never going back and would never suggest to anyone!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Worst oysters I have ever tasted not even edible!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I ordered ahead for pick up at lunchtime. Cashier was making mistakes with every customer and had to re-ring 4 ladies ahead of me. She rang my order wrong too. Finally got my order for pick up after 20 minutes in line. Took it to work and they forgot the gumbo. Oysters in the platter were so salty they were not even edible. I called to let the manager know and he was not even apologetic about the gumbo. Said its how the oyster come and too bad about my gumbo. WILL NOT BE BACK!!!! Also overpriced on the platter. Will stick with Chris's.

Visited December 2011
new iberia, la
“delicious and hot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

la poboys serves sandwiches, fries, gumbo and more, i always eat the ham poboy with fries. they are always hot off the grill. i have always been satisfied. the only reason for 4 stars and not 5 is that the menu may not be large enough for everyone. it is perfect for me. i probably eat there twice a month.

• Visited September 2011