“Great stay!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport

You added Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1421 S.E. Evangeline Thruway, Lafayette, LA 70501 (Formerly Acadiana Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #42 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
“Great stay!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed twice,This Clarion has a great & friendly staff. My room was nice n clean no complaints.The breakfast was ok! Really enjoyed my stay here:)! Will stay here again when I'm in town...................

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I recently attended a large convention and should have known something was wrong when I found every hotel booked solid except for the Clarion. This is by far the shabbiest hotel I've ever seen. Two lamps didn't work, the television didn't work, the shower head was shattered, the hot and cold water was inconsistent. I had to get my room key replaced twice before I could get it to work. I was told the locks were so old, that I had to slide the card at just the "right speed and angle" to get the lock to function. The only good thing I can say is that the hotel clerk tried to be as helpful as she could. She had obviously heard these complaints before. If I ever encounter another occasion when the Clarion is the only available hotel, I'll just sleep in my car. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Clarion M, Manager at Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay due to the hot water issue. My team responded quickly and worked hard to make sure all guest received hot water in a timely manner. I did share your comments regarding your issues in your room with my Maintenance Department. We do appreciate your comments and are sincerely sorry for your experience.

Regards,

Clarissa P.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The staff is nice. The shuttle picked me up from the airport and brought me back also. It was my first time to Lafayette visiting my sister. Traveling from California to Louisiana the southern hospitally was very warming. My room was nice and clean and because I am a personal trainer the fitness center was a real treat for me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Clarion M, Manager at Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
It was great to have you stay with us at the Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport. We are glad that you enjoy your stay and took advantage of our free shuttle service and exercise room! In your next visit to town, give us a ring and our friendly staff will be waiting for you right outside the airport!
We appreciate you!
Rayville, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Web site stated no pet fee and another web site stated pet fee may apply. I told the clerk I had a small pet but she never said there would be a fee charged and there were no signs stating there would be a pet fee charged. They charged $20.00 per night. This hotel was not clean. They put us in the back of the hotel. It smelled bad inside and outside the hotel. They did not empty the outside trash cans the entire time we stayed there and there were cigarette butts all over the outside door entrance. The inside of our room smelled moldy. The room had not been cleaned very well. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Anna C, General Manager at Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We are very sorry to hear that your stay did not satisfy your expectations. I want to apology about our team member not mentioning about the pet fee. Our hotel is pet friendly but we charge a small pet fee. Also, I want to apology that the cleanliness was not satisfactory for you. I did address it with the housekeeping staff and the maintenance personnel.
We TRULY appreciate your comments, without them we would not be able to see the hotel in our guests eyes.
Bora C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Didn't really care for the location but my stay was ok.Room was pretty nice n clean.The full breakfast was good eggs, grits,sausage, bacon, waffles, etc.....! Hotel staff r such great and friendly people.i WOULD stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Interesting hotel, obviously a former condo complex. The restaurant next door is open to anyone, but FREE for guests! That's enough to make me a frequent guest. After all the boring hotel breakfasts I see all year (I travel 150 nights/year), the breakfast here is a welcome treat.

Housekeeping and maintenance people were all kind, but the front desk was kind of clueless and difficult to communicate with. Rooms are fine, the deadbolt on my door was removed, but hoping that's been fixed.

Another thing about the breakfast - the staff are cheerful, do anything to help, type of people. Starts your day off great! I'd eat there even if I was staying somewhere different.

Room Tip: Rooms are hard to find. Don't listen to front desk, just enter the first door and walk until yo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

the staff at the front was friendly when I checked in that night.The rooms were fine.The hotel looks like its an older hotel. Much to my suprise they had a bar on site. The breakfast was good. It was a breakfast buffet. My only complaint was that I was on second floor but they don't have any elevators.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport? Share your experiences!