“The good,bad,and ugly” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 45 hotels in Lafayette
“The good,bad,and ugly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Tim was the gentleman working the front desk. He was 100% the best part of my stay. Price is fair rooms have been updated a little bit flat screen tvs old couch newer carpet. The weirdest thing is that every lamp or light fixture in my room was rusted YES rusted # 104.

Per choice privileges policy when a diamond member checks in they qualify for a free upgrade if they are available. Well not at this hotel seems even though they are flying a choice hotel brand they are not upholding the policy of the corporation. If this is not an issue for you and you don't mind rusted light fixtures this is a decent little hotel and has one of the friendliest front desk clerks I've come across!!!!

• Stayed April 2013

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kissimmee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

There was a stench of smoke in the hallway, and I asked the front desk guy if my room was non-smoking, and he said yes, that two rooms on the floor were smoking rooms and that is why the hallways stank so bad. The room inside had no smoke smell, but it was musty and mildewy smelling. I was too wiped out from my trip to ask for another room or leave for another hotel, or otherwise I would have. I wish I had. The ceiling in the bathroom had what looked like dark mold behind the paint, possibly from a leak from the above room. There were no trash can liners. There was dirt on the desk, as if someone had laid shoes or boots on it. I was not comfortable on the bed, and only slept a few hours. Thin walls---could hear a conversation in the room next door through the adjoining door. Breakfast was fine. The rooms are very outdated, and I feel this place is overpriced for the cheap quality. I stayed at a lovely new Comfort Suites 2 nights before in Arkansas, and did not expect what this one was like. I won't be back to this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dean P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2013

Dean
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was my first stay in a Comfort property and I was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms and barhrooms were quite spacious and well-appointed. I enjoyed the shelf under the bathroom vanity that gave me plenty of room for cosmetics and toiletry bags.
The beds were comfortable and there was adequate lighting everywhere except in the closet; since there was a surface tucked in there for a suitcase it would have been helpful to be able to see the contents of my bags.
The breakfast was excellent with enough of a variety to please everyone in our party.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and thank you for walking over to our hotel and giving us a try. I hope that we have made you a Comfort Inn fan for life! Your feedback was refreshing and kind! I am really happy we were able to provide you with the cleanliness, quality, and service you deserve! It is truly a blessing to have such wonderful guests such as yourself! Please come back and visit us again, perhaps for an upcoming festival, and give us a chance to continue exceeding your expectations! Most definitely, thank you for being our guest!

Dean.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Tim, the desk clerk, was very nice and helpful. Hotel was clean and welcoming. Tucked away so a little hard to find at first. Access is by frontage road, so you have to go way past it to turn left if coming off I-10...

Room Tip: Hotel is far enough away from the interstate for noise not to be an issue.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit in Lafayette. We sincerely appreciate your business. I'm sharing your feedback with my team and invite you to come back the next time your travel brings you to our area.

Warmest regards,
Dean
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had stayed here previously and liked it enough to return. Nothing had changed. Very clean. Beds are comfortable. Convenient location for our visit. My only suggestion would be to leave break out until 9 or 9:30 on a Sat morning for those sleeping later. We had to go across the street to eat at 9:15 a.m.

Also, this location is pet friendly with a fee of $25. So nice to find a hotel for a our pet that is clean!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dean P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. I really appreciate you taking the time to compliment our property. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Green Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Near the intersection of two interstate highways, this Comfort property was reasonably priced, very clean, up-to-date facilities and equipment (TVs, etc). Pretty good continental breakfast with a couple of hot items. Will definetly stop if staying in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dean P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi ! Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. I'm happy to know that our hotel and service matched the positive reviews that you've read and that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Please come back again. It would be a pleasure to have you as our guest in the future. Warmest regards, Dean
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The first room we were given had sheets that looked like they had been slept in. We asked for a move to another room and the front desk attendant did not apologize for the room or offer to check the next room. He just changed the key without a word. The second room - although it is supposed to be non-smoking, has burn holes in the bed cover and the couch. The room, and the building in general, are in disrepair. When I called the front desk because the toilet would not flush, the attendant asked if I wanted a plunger!!! I said no- either move me or fix it. When I asked for another room- although the parking lot is empty- he said he did not have another non-smoking room! When I asked for a refund, the front desk attendant very reluctantly came to the room with a plunger to "fix" the toilet. The saga continues...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dean P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for the feedback. Please accept my personal apology for the inconvenience you experienced while you were our guest. I appreciate your comment that our hotel is beautiful but I regret that our service did not meet your expectation. Rest assured that your comments have not been taken lightly and I have taken steps to insure that future guests do not have a similar experience. Dean
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!