“Loud guests!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 47 Hotels in Lafayette
Piedmont, Oklahoma
“Loud guests!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here based on the good rate offered. The room was clean and quite large, including a sitting area that we greatly enjoyed. The beds were comfortable. All of that said, however, all night long, guests in our first floor hallway (steps away from the front desk) were slamming doors, running up and down the hallway and screaming and yelling. It was the night from hell. I thought for sure the front desk people could hear the noise, but apparently not. I complained to the front desk, but nothing ever changed. I don't know if I would stay here again, because the guests can't be controlled.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dean P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. I want to apologize for our noisy guests and lack of response from my staff. I have brought this matter to their attention and promise to work on resolving these issues in the future. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve during your next visit to Lafayette.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed for my son's graduation from UL. The hotel was extremely clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. We now look for Comfort Inn and Suites whenever we travel. The breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the time to review our property. We appreciate your comments and will share them with our staff. Susan has worked for us for over a year and she is a gem! We hope to see you again in the future!
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor c/o Comfort Inn & Suites (Evangeline)

I wanted to applaud and thank your over night staff member Susan!! She was a pleasure to be served by. She went above and beyond with her politeness!!

There were five (5) of us that rested here for the weekend of the 6/8/12-6/10/12. We were travelling from Alexandria to New Orleans doing missionary work when we had a blowout tire.

It was pitch black on I-49 southbound. Our cellphone batteries were depleted, almost dead. We called every mobile tire repair person within a 30 mile radius. We called this particular hotel in Lafayette because Choice Hotels pretty much always have great rooms with wonderful breakfasts.

Susan told us that she would make sure we had a room when we came to the city even on a busy Friday night for a hotel.

We were grateful and thankful that God blessed us to get a tire and make it to the hotel to rest and relax for the rest of the trip.

Thank you for allowing us to visit you all here in Lafayette!!

God Bless you, Susan!!!

Room Tip: Be specific in what size room and/or how many beds you believe is necessary to accommodate your need...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
SHERWOOD PK AB CANADA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was a bad set up from word go. The price seemed really reasonable, so we booked. The room smelled so stale and musty, we had to change. That evening we went to the inside pool and could not find any towels. Off to the desk we went and were given to what amounted to a dish towel. Had we known we would not have bothered, the water was ice cold. The next day we were out all day, and found our room had not been done up. We called down to the desk, and were told it must have been an over sight. After all of this we were given an inconvenience amount of $11.00. I sent an email to the manager and received a very pathetic reply of apology, and how they try hard to give good service. They really need to educate themselves on what good service means.

Room Tip: Avoid this particular inn.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your candid review. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you encountered. Feedback provides valuable insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness, friendliness, and comfort are our first priority. I’ve shared your experience with my colleagues so that we can know what we are doing right and where we must improve. Rest assured that your comments were beneficial for us and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thanks again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to Lafayette.
Lafayette, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here overnight to get away. Even though there were several sports teams here with kids. We never heard them other than having the breakfast in the morning. The walls must be I insulated well. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012
Cedar City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Awful rude manager and guests, we left got a refund and stayed at Quility Inn, not much better. My advise is to bypass Lafayette and stay in another town !! Quility Inn 2 doors down the street was no better, old furniture and rundown, need a major overhaul.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room, leave !!
Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Kim F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
I am sorry to hear that your recent stay at this hotel was not up to our standards. Our goal is for every one of our guests to feel comfortable, welcome, and appreciated, so if anyone on the staff made you feel otherwise, I apologize. Thank you for taking the time to let me know what aspects we need to try harder for. Guest comments are needed so we can make improvements. I hope you would give us a chance to make things right the next time you are in my area. I would like to offer you a special rate if you decide to do so.
Thank You again for your comments and again I apologize.
Kim Fontenot
south alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

i booked this hotel with some caution. some of the reviews were not to good.the people that run this hotel are in the middle of renovations they are putting in a elevator. this is an older hotel but it was clean and neat. the bed and linen were new and clean. breakfast was good. it was close to everything we wanted to do. i think i would stay here again in in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!