“Love the Atmosphere and Food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 473 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Love the Atmosphere and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We ate here twice in December and both times we were super pleased with the food and the service. Our waiter was very helpful in making entree choices. This is one of our favorite restaurants in Lafayette and we love the atmosphere. Can't wait to return!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“consistently good Italian food in lafayette”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've been to Marcellos many times, for a myriad of events and family dinners. It has excellent choices of well made traditional italian food choices, thankfully, without trying to add the cajun touch. Nothing over inventive here, mostly yummy comfort food. The restaurant feels like a wine cellar, as you are surrounded by hundreds of wine options, which you can chose and open there, for only a $10 corkage fee. Or you can bring your own wine choices. Portions are plentiful and they offer half portion options. Don't miss the Mussels and the Shrimp Pepita, both my favs.

Visited September 2013
Mandeville, LA
“Lost a step”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

While traveling in the Lafayette area every 4- 6 weeks, we try to visit some of the better restaurants in this area. In the past, Marcello's has never failed to impress and we usually cannot wait to return. However, this past week the meal was mediocre meal at best.

After being seated promptly, we were greeted by a waiter who reeked of smoke and basically was a walking ash tray. After receiving a few recommendations from Mr. Smokey, we opted for the Bresaola appetizer which was basically some thinly sliced cured meat served similar to Carpaccio (I wish it was). I would give this a 5 out of 10. We both opted for the Italian salad which was basically some greens with some Sysco institutional olive salad dumped on it.

Finally, we both tried fish dishes. The Fish Limone was actually pretty good but was swimming in bit too much of the Buerre Blanc sauce for my liking. The Salmon was over cooked and dry.

Maybe it was just an off night for the crew, but I think I will wait a while before trying this place again. Mr. Smokey needs to stand in the wind to "air our" after lighting up!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Louisiana
“Always a Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The food and service here are always above-average. The only drawback is that you cannot make reservations for a party of less than six people.

Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“i LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My favorite restaurant in Lafayette. I frequently travel there on business and Marcello's is always my first stop. The food is exquisite, the service is wonderful and I really enjoy the wine selection.

Visited June 2013