“Yuck” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel Acadiana

You added The Hotel Acadiana to your Saves list
The Hotel Acadiana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1801 West Pinhook Road, Lafayette, LA 70508 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Lafayette Airport)   |
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in Lafayette
Vienna, Virginia
“Yuck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

This hotel is not clean. Even the elevator buttons and walls are grimy and smudged.

The hotel room was damaged, holes in walls, etc and it was not clean. The bathroom toilet was dirty and still not clean after having housekeeping return. I've never before seen a ring in the bowl of a supposedly clean hotel toilet.

The next morning, I was greeted by a 1.5 " cockroach in the bathroom. The bellman moved me across the hall and assured me that the roach, who escaped back into the wall could not find it's way across the hall to my room.

When I went downstairs for coffee, there were roaches running across the steps leading into the restaurant.

I think the most upsetting element was the bellman asking me if I was from around there when I complained about the roach. I've visited all climates and a facility that is clean and maintained will not have this kind of infestation problem. And of course, the manager wasn't on duty when I asked to speak with him.

This is the first time that I have ever felt strongly enough to post a review. It was not a good experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

Loved the free WiFi, sleep mask & linen spray! Room was large and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

This hotel had many problems, although the staff of the hotel was very nice, and the hotel looked good.

The numerous problems included:

--I tried to request a wake-up call by phone, but they didn't answer, so I had to use my cell phone. But then they called me at 5 AM two mornings in a row--much earlier than I wanted to wake up! (After it happened the first time, I brought it to their attention, and they apologized and said it definitely wouldn't happen again. When it did happen again, at least they gave me that night free.)

--Although they gave me and everyone else in our group tickets for a buffet breakfast the first morning I was there, they had no food for a buffet or other breakfasts. (They did have a buffet the second morning I was there, but it was not very good .)

--The carpet was very rough--apparently damaged. When I complained, they shampooed it, which did nothing but left an odor.

--They did not replace the conditioner that I used the first day.

--We had been told that the hotel van would be available to pick us up from downtown, but when we called the hotel they said they had no way to reach the van driver (even though I know he had a cell phone).

--I did not use the heat, but several people in our group reported that when they turned the heat on in their rooms, it set off the smoke alarms, and there was an odor. Staff said that this was typical the first time the heat is used each year.

--It was constantly noisy outside the conference room--we had to repeatedly get up to make sure the door was fully closed to minimize the noise.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Farmington, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I will start with the pros. First and foremost, the staff is exemplary, very polite and extremely courteous. Quiet, very quiet, there was absolutely no disturbances the 4 days that we stayed. The fitness room was good, clean and equipment was in good working order. The on site restaurant is quiet and the food is very very good, and this works especially well when you couple great food with room service. Location is in a good neighborhood and is convenient to get to from Lafayette airport.
Now the cons. The hotel is clean but is need of some minor upgrades, like I said MINOR, maybe some new carpet in the hallways and perhaps some fresh wallpaper would spruce this place up quit nicely. Another minor complaint is one day our room did not get cleaned properly, we were restocked with toiletries but the bed was not made and our dirty towels were not taken care of. One other thing, the room needs a general inspection cleaning prior to rental, and by that I mean take time to wash the windows, get fingerprints off the television, wipe down the tables etc.
The biggest complaint that I had is we requested a room with a view, now I understand that this IS Lafayette La, and there may not be much to "View" in this town, but paying extra for a view of the pool and half of the roof of the hotel is not what I would constitute as a "view".
All in all the stay was good for the money spent, there are certainly worse places that you could go for this kind of money, but if Crowne plaza payed a little more attention to detail....this would make 5 stars from me all day.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Coming from Houston (IAH) the night before where we also stayed at a Crowne Plaza, this one had complimentary internet so that was nice. The room smelled like and looked like brand new carpet had been installed but apparently had just been shampooed. I know this because the maintenance man had to come up to plug in the cable as there wasn't one from the TV. The other mystery, which I had never witnessed before, was there was no bed spread/cover and although it was a made up bed with nice pillows, it looked unfinished. The other thing was the very comfortable King Sized bed was about a foot away from the wall/head board. I managed to slide the box spring and matteres the way it should be so that the pillows wouldn't fall through the massive space. It did make me question how this could be overlooked but when the maintenance man came and had explained the freshly cleaned carpets, I figured this as well as the TV was simply an oversite. Next I went to have a coffee before heading out to dinner. The makings for the coffee were stuffed in to the top of the machine but when I went to put water in the machine, I noticed there wasn't any coffee pot. On my way out for dinner I stopped by the front desk and let them know, figuring I would be good to go for the morning. I also asked about the bedspread but wasn't really given an answer but a strange look, like he wasn't sure if/why there wasn't one. Upon returning to my room after dinner, there was a coffee pot but no coffee cups for the coffee and no bedspread (I didn't really care as it is pulled back when I sleep anyway but it still looked strange). I am writing this as I am shutting things down for the night and figure my wake up call will be to ask for coffee cups to be delivered to my room... all this being said, the place is very quiet and clean.. Hotwire rates this 3 1/2 as was the one in Houston (IAH). Comparing the two I would have to give this higher marks for quiet room and room layout as well as free internet but Houston (IAH) wins out by overall appearance. I'm on my way to New Orleans tomorrow for two nights, also booked through hotwire and luck would have it, it's the Crowne Plaza Airport so I'll be sure to write about it! Oh yeah, I didn't swim but did take a look at the pool. Nice salt water pool. Small but wet and that is what is important in these parts.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Metairie, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

The receptionists are great! They remembered me immediately after my first stay and even accommodated me with the same room each time! The only drawback is the cleaning service is a little shoddy. My first stay, I found whoever was there before me's sushi in the refrigerator. Everything else seemed clean so didn't think much of it. I had bought ice cream and accidentally forgot it, and when I came back the next time, my ice cream was still there. Perhaps they just forget about the fridges, because like I said everything else is really clean, and everything is really high end and gorgeous. Loved it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
rhonda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Our school was booked into the Crowne Plaza for a event and we were treated very well. The food was awesome and our slaes girl took care of every detail. I will recomend this hotel to others and we will return.

• Stayed February 2010

Been to The Hotel Acadiana? Share your experiences!