About a dozen family members stayed at this hotel for my sister-in-law's wedding in May 2009, just months after the hotel had opened in February, for a total of 4 nights. Since it's brand new, everything is very clean and modern looking. The outdoor pool area has perpetual tiki torches burning above the fence line to keep mosquitos at bay. I also appreciated that it was fenced which helped keep my curious toddler from jumping in while we were using the outdoor grills for a cookout. The patio area with grills was a VERY nice amenity... I was expecting some cheap charcoal grills, but these looked like two state-of-the-art gas grills, under an awning with a fan and light. We had a large family cookout utilizing the whole patio area and it was fantastic! There was also an ourdoor hot tub in the pool area, plus a nearby fenced-in basketball/(tennis??) court which my husband really enjoyed.
The free breakfast was good, but slightly redundant after 4 days. They were supposed to rotate between 3 different main dishes each day, but somehow we repeated dish #1 before we got the 3rd one on the last day. They had a good variety though of hot foods, cool fruits and yogurt, cottage cheese, carbs like bagels and muffins, make your own waffle, oatmeal, etc. One morning I was in the lobby after breakfast and saw at least 4 housekeepers actively cleaning up the area. The lobby also had several flat panel TVs usually tuned to the cable news networks, which kept us informed of current events during our stay. There was also a little "convienence store" area where you could purchase snacks, drinks, and tolietries and charge them to your room bill.
The rooms were spacious. We had a 2 room suite with a center living room/kitchen (3 sections total). One bedroom was slightly larger than the other one, due to the kitchen area. There were a total of 3 large flat panel TV screens, with a DVD player in the center living area. We were able to check out a very recent release DVD from the front desk for free and take it up to our room to watch. The full-size refrigerator/freezer was put to very good use by us, as was the dishwasher.
The only snafus I really had was that the housekeeping staff didn't seem to know what to do when we were still in the room during the day while they needed to clean. Sometimes my trash in the bedroom wouldn't get emptied because they didn't want to go in there since someone else was in the living area. I noted this on a follow-up stay online survey that I received via email, and was immediately contacted by the hotel's sales manager a few days later. She listened to my concern and a few other suggestions I gave her, and then rewarded me with 1,000 bonus points for my Priority Club card for my trouble!! I was shocked, but very pleased.
Regarding the reviewer who said they aren't child-friendly... the hotel staff tolerated my 18 month old just fine and even seemed to enjoy her. She ran all over the place despite my best efforts to keep her contained, and made a huge mess at breakfast, but I never heard any complaints from them. Our group contained 2 teenagers, a 4 year old and my toddler among a lot of other adults. We were able to get a metal rolling crib for my daughter to sleep in, which was very nice looking and new with tall sides.
It was a perfect place for us to stay and I would absolutely stay there again upon my next visit to Lafayette.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Lafayette Hotel Lafayette
- Staybridge Suites Lafayette Hotel
- Lafayette Staybridge Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport is a new state-of-the-art extended-stay all-suite property conveniently located in the heart of the business and shopping districts of Lafayette. Just off Interstate 90, we are also accessible to I-49, near the Lafayette Regional Airport, River Oaks, Acadiana Mall, Lafayette General Medical Center, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, St. John's Cathedral, and University of Louisiana (UL). We are a in walking distance to several restaurants and stores. Just minutes from the movie theater, downtown, Parc Lafayette, and River Ranch. Easy access to local corporate offices and area attractions such as Festival International and Mardi Gras! Whether you are coming to Lafayette, Broussard, Scott, New Iberia or surrounding areas for short or long-term stays, Staybridge Suites Lafayete-Airport has you covered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.