“One Night in February and One Night in April” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 45 hotels in Lafayette
GreenLeadersSilver level
Disney World, Florida
“One Night in February and One Night in April”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

During both stays the rooms had well appointed kitchens, setting room and bedrooms. Very clean and quite... what else could you ask for? The shuttle driver was an excellent plus and offered airport, business office and shopping transportation services. When in Lafayette, I'll be back.

Room Tip: The larger suites have king beds and a second bedroom with a queen sized bed. The higher floors are...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello Ray A, Thank you for coming to Lafayette and choosing our hotel for a repeat visit! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope we can continue to see you when you come to the area again in the future! I really appreciate your business and that you took the time to leave a review. If there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better, don't hesitate to ask! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Pineville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Color me impressed. I read a lot of great reviews on this hotel and decided this was the one for an overnight stay just to get away from it all. As I approached the hotel, I thought what a great looking hotel, but when I entered the lobby and looked around the sitting area and the outside near the pool, I thought "WOW"....doubly impressed. It even has a small theater that you can bring your own DVD or check out some from the hotel for free. Everything is beautiful. The hotel room is really nice. It has a refrigerator, stove, microwave, kitchenette, TV with DVD player. Great size bathroom. Very impressive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Everyone is so nice, even the housekeeper that I met in the hall asked if we needed anything and thanked us and told us to enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: I always request a top floor so no one stomps above me as I have experienced in other hotels.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi there Moneymax911, Wow - thank you for your great response! I appreciate the feedback and I am pleased that everything you experienced from arrival and check-in, your accommodations, and the housekeeping team member were extraordinary! I am really happy that you had a great stay with us! I hope that if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better - you let me know! Thanks again for being our guest!! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The staff has been amazing. It is obvious that this property is well managed with a team work approach to customer service. They are very helpful and seem to enjoy making the experience here at the Staybridge Suites in Lafayette, La., one that their guests will remember. We have not had a better breakfast buffet anywhere. The very nice lady taking care of the breakfast service kept all of the offerings well stocked, fresh, and at just the right temperture. Our suite was clean and made us feel like we were home. This is not our first stay here and not the only Staybridge we have visited.....It is by far the BEST. Thank you. We highly recommend this Staybridge Suites when you travel to Lafayette, La.

Room Tip: The first floor was very convenient to parking and services.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello ClaytonSS, Thank you for your great feedback on your observations with your last stay here. I am very happy that you found your stay to be enjoyable. Thank you for being our guest and please come back soon! And feel free to tell all your friends!! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I didn't expect much out of the Staybridge Suites, really. But it was a practically brand-new property, and really very nice, especially at the price. I've stayed in much worse hotels at twice the price.

My room was very nice, if sporadically loud thanks to overlooking the pool, and had a kitchen stocked with dishes and glasses, a big perk. It even had a laundry basket to carry laundry down to wherever that facility was, not that I needed to do laundry for a one-night stay. The workout room was limited but clean and brightly lit.

Breakfast was a little generic for a hotel in Cajun country -- I was kind of hoping for beignets, boudin or at least grits -- but, oh, well.

The location left something to be desired, because it wasn't really near anything and there was essentially nothing nearby except a CVS. I assume this is mostly intended for corporate guests of the various oil- and gas-related businesses in Lafayette, so maybe that's not an issue for them, but I was in town for a wedding and would've killed for a decent place to have breakfast.

My only complaint is (and this is no knock on this particular location) the Staybridge Suites policy regarding housekeeping is super-crappy when you're only staying for a night or two. Basically, they won't clean your room over the weekend at all, and it wasn't clear to me what I would have to do to get housekeeping during the week. There aren't enough towels for that kind of policy!

Room Tip: Avoid facing the pool if at all possible. Between kids screaming and adults out there at totally ina...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello particleandparcel,

Thank you for being our guest and for your open feedback on your most recent experience with our hotel. I am thankful for your feedback and appreciate that you were candid with your comments. With those comments, it allows us to improve our services. In hopes that you will be a repeat guest with our hotel and for those that may be new to our hotel and location, I would like to help.

I am really glad that you enjoyed your suite! With regards to the breakfast - we get asked about Cajun foods quite often. Being that we are part of a national chain, we have to provide consistency in our offerings as to not disappoint our travelers who visit other hotels that may not offer the same things. I will ask our team to see if we can add something local as long as we have the consistent staple items required for our hotel.

I regret that you were disappointed with our location. I am going to follow-up with our front desk team because with our location, there are 2 pizza restaurants, 3 fast food restaurants, 1 yogurt place, 2 sandwich shops, a Greek restaurant, and 2 Cajun restaurants within a 5 minute walk of our hotel. In fact, one of the restaurants on the corner of Pinhook Road and Kaliste Saloom Road where are hotel is situated offers a nice breakfast and a great plate lunch. I am hoping that we are communicating these types of things for our guests when they are here so they feel the value of our location. I am sorry we didn't accomplish this for you.

With regards to the housekeeping, I understand your frustration and I am sorry for your experience. In being an extended-stay hotel we have limited staff on the weekends - but we do have housekeepers onsite. While we may not automatically have provided full-service on your room over the weekend due to our extended-stay culture, we can definitely assist you with your room with a housekeeping request at check-in - that way, our weekend team will be able to take care of your needs. Thankfully, our team does provide light touch cleaning every weekday and a full-clean on the 7th day. I know it is a little different than most transient hotels and I am sorry if we didn't communicate that up front.

Thank you for bringing up the noise about the pool - I will follow up with my team regarding this. Our pool and courtyard hours are from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm specifically so our guests can get the rest they deserve. I am sorry that you were disturbed disturbed and your sleep was inconvenienced. We typically house pilots in our hotel so we have to ensure our quiet times. We have a lot of guests that request the top floor facing away from the pool as a just-in-case.

Thank you again for bringing all of this to our attention. I will work on my team in following up with your comments and I am hopeful that we will see you again on your next trip to Lafayette. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better, please let me know and thank you for being our guest! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Oberlin, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel overnight to attend a wedding and rehearsal supper. The staff were super nice and helpful and the room was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who needed to stay in Lafayette overnight and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello KaraL_70655,
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay for the wedding here in Lafayette! I really appreciate the business and hope that we will see you again in the future! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay even better! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Oxford, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have used the Staybridge Suites on many occasions when in Lafayette on business. The suites are spacious, clean, with comfortable beds, and the kitchenette area allows you to prepare meals when required. There is also a nice patio area with two grills for guest use. You have a good selection of items for breakfast, and the light supper with complimentary wine and beer three times a week is very welcome. This would be reason enough to stay here, but in addition the hotel has a hidden asset - the staff, all of whom are cheerful, friendly, and unfailingly helpful. I have never had a bad experience here and it is my "go to" place whenever I am in Lafayette.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello J0Mark, Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our team. We truly work hard to try and be the "home away from home" for all of our guests! My team and I look forward to your next stay and hope that you will continue to be our guest!! If there is anything I can do to make your stay even that much more extraordinary - please feel free to let me know!

I am at your service!
Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Central Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This Staybridge Suites was my home for a month while I began a new job. The room was large and comfortable. I set up a desk at the small table and did all my studying and computer work there. The staff were very receptive to my housekeeping needs and I was never disturbed...
The bed was very comfortable and there were more pillows than I could use. Although I seldom watched, there was free HBO and other channels available on the large flat screen TV.
The breakfast was limited, but just enough to get me going in the morning. The occasional dinner snacks ranged from filling to satisfying and were different each time. Overall, this hotel was a great refuge from the daily grind and was an excellent place to come home to...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello ik04, Thank you for your wonderful comments and feedback on your recent stay and I am glad you felt like home at our hotel! I appreciate that you were here! I am pleased you enjoyed our evening Social we have on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. We have increased our breakfast offerings to include a breakfast pizza, fresh hand-sliced fruit with vegetable platter, and a build-your-own breakfast station! Definitely more options for you the next time you stay with us!

I look forward to your next visit - come see us again! -Charles Oliver -Director of Sales

Been to Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport? Share your experiences!