“Like a nice, clean "Home away from Home"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
GreenLeadersSilver level
Louisiana
“Like a nice, clean "Home away from Home"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Arrived late. Room was waiting, and we were checked in with professionalism. The room--a studio queen--was spacious, clean, and quiet. The bed and pillows were comfortable. After a nice night sleep, we went to the lobby and were directed to the breakfast area. We found a good selection. Fruit, pastries, cereal, eggs, bacon, toast, grits ( a southern must), waffles, etc. We couldn't have asked for more. Thank you for a nice night.

Room Tip: Everyone we met at breakfast seemed happy with their room. The motel is set back from the street, s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello Hannahspop, Thank you for your response on your recent stay - I am really excited that you enjoyed your recent visit to our hotel. We truly try hard to provide a clean and comfortable stay and want our breakfast (and Social) to be engaging and delicious. I hope that you will come back and see us again! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have stayed in Staybridge Suites for months and for just one night at other locations. This time it was just for one night but it was a wonderful stay. We had a King Suite, it had such a wonderful feel to it when you walked in the door. You felt at home and wanted to stay longer than we could. The breakfast bar is amazing. The fresh fruit, ( I wish every breakfast would try to follow their lead) cottage cheese that is better than any cottage cheese I have ever had, and this time they had a breakfast pizza. The manager was there greeting guests and showed me the pizza, telling me how they made it. I tried it and it was very good. They have too much to try it all when just staying for one day but if you are staying months it is wonderful to have so many choices. They have wonderful ice, the pellet ice and juices or your choice of soda.
This time they didn't have my favorite Tazo tea flavor, Passion, but usually they do.
It was too cold to use the pool but the patio area was beautiful and I would have loved to been able to play a little basketball. The work out room is amazing, towels, water, and connected to the laundry room where you can do a load of laundry while walking on the treadmil or lifting on thier fancy machines. I can't say enough good about this location.

Room Tip: I always choose the top floor then take the stairs every time I can for exercise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hello Gardener57, Thank you for your gracious and wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us. I really appreciate that you have enjoyed our breakfast buffet! Our hand-cut fresh fruit and delicious cottage cheese is a big hit with all of our guests! I typically walk through the breakfast Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and sometimes Thursdays - I absolutely love telling people about our fresh breakfast pizza (It was probably me!). I am sorry that we didn't have your Tazo Passion Tea. I am going to pass your comments on to our team. Thank you for your kind words and attention to detail! I hope that we will be your hotel of choice for every trip to Lafayette! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Hotel is clean, up to date and staff is friendly. King suite was perfect for our stay. Good layout with everything we needed. Complimentary laundry facility was a nice added touch. Got to experience two complimentary Sundowner receptions which we really enjoyed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you Canuck-cousin for your recent review and feedback on your stay. I really appreciate your business and hope that you will continue to come to Lafayette and enjoy our Sundowner Receptions! We just changed the name from Sundowner to "Social" because when we noticed that when everyone comes down for dinner there is a lot of great conversation and friendly people making it quite social! Come see us again and let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a very nice 2 bedroom King suite, and I'm glad we did. Due to the walls being so thin, I could hear the guy next door yawning, snoring, watching TV etc (It's almost like he was in our room). So we had to move to the other bedroom. The facility is very clean, and is very reasonable when it comes to pets.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SBSLafayette, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hello J H, Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with your family. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your over-sized 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom King Suite. A lot of our guests are surprised that they are over 1100 square feet big! I am very sorry that you experienced an issue with noise from another room - although we don't typically have issues with that - sometimes when it happens it can be a not so pleasant experience. I know that in my apartment complex I can hear my neighbors once in awhile - so I understand. If those things happen we are more than happy to help figure out a solution to provide you with a quiet and restful sleep. One of the benefits of staying with us is that our hotel is tucked back away from the main road and it is far away from train tracks and just far enough from the airport that you can't hear any outside noise as well. Next time you stop by we can try a different two-bedroom suite just to make sure. And thank you for recognizing we are pet friendly! We do not allow pets access to the public areas or front desk so many don't realize that we allow pets - plus with our award winning engineer (Bobby Carroll Best of The Best 2012 for IHG) and our award winning team (Quality Excellence Award for IHG for 2011 and 2012) we take extra care in making sure our facilities are clean and maintained for all of our guests (and pets!). Thank you for your feedback - I hope we can see you next time you come to Lafayette! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

This.is not too close to I-10 but it was a good choice. Staff was very friendly and professional. Room was clean and very nice. The "suite" aspect was very appealing and the bed was very comfortable. Best of all, the rate was very affordable. Would certainly recommend this facility.

• Stayed October 2012
SBSLafayette, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hello Foxfiresc, Thank you for leaving a comment about your recent stay with us! I appreciate that you took the time to recognize our hotel regarding your experience! Being that we are an all-suite hotel it is nice that all of our over-sized guest rooms have a fully equipped kitchen! And if you didn't want to use your kitchen, I hope you took advantage of the free daily breakfast in the morning or the free dinner on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday! Thank you for saying that you will recommend our facility - a referral is the highest compliment that can be paid to us! Please come back and see us again! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have stayed here for over 20 days in the past 5 months. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. The breakfast is always good with fresh fruit daily. The evening meals served Tuesday- I recommend Staybridge Suites to anyone traveling.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello Mike G, thank you for your review on your recent stay at our hotel. I am really happy that you have come back to see us and be a loyal guest. Thank you for your observation on our guest rooms as well - I will share that with our team. If there is anything I can do to make your stay even better - please let me know! And we all look forward to seeing you again when you return to Lafayette! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Center Point, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My stay at Staybridge Suites was very comfortable. The room was clean and spacious. It had the amenities of home to allow me to not have to dine out, including they offer social night. The social night has a variety of light meals and refreshments. The breakfast was complete from fresh fruits to hot cereals and eggs.

The lobby was filled with the support of the community. The hotel has a basketball court, wight room, business room, pool, and comfortable patio to enjoy the weather.

The hotel was quiet, and the outside noise did not enter into the rooms. The hotel staff was very courteous.

Family oriented and fitting for business personnel as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello Kevin W, thank you for your awesome review of our hotel - I really appreciate it and I look forward to sharing it with our team. I appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and observed that we decorated our lobby for our local football team and the community! I am also pleased that you were able to enjoy the comforts from home while you were here. I hope we see you again as a loyal guest and if we can ever do anything to make your stay better, please let me know! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Been to Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport? Share your experiences!