“Good Place to Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 474 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Description: Award-winning Cajun cuisine and live Cajun music nightly make Prejean's Restaurant a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Conveniently located on I49 North, just 2 miles north of I-10 in Lafayette, LA. Repeatedly voted Acadiana's Favorite Cajun restaurant, the friendly and casual atmosphere is sure to delight. Big Al, the 14-foot stuffed gator is seated in the middle of the dining room guarding some of our over 400 culinary medals and awards. Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Large groups welcome! Prejean's Restaurant is "Simply Cajun, Simply Delicious"!
“Good Place to Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My friends and I stopped here as out one last hurrah on our trip. The food was delicious and the decor even better. The waitress was attentive and nice. It was a little on the pricier side but worth checking out.

Visited August 2014

Pittsburgh
“First Taste of Cajun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I'm in Lafayette/Louisiana for the first time (hopefully many more visits to come) and my boyfriend and I decided to eat at Prejeans per a friend's suggestion. This was my first meal in Louisiana and WOW. Absolutely amazed. I had the Softshell Crab Imperial and he had bacon wrapped shrimp, with an appetizer of fried alligator. I have to say, as an aspiring bodybuilder, to feast on this mountain of fried food was absolutely amazing and made the perfect first impression on me for the state of Louisiana. Waitress was a little brusque but it was a Saturday night at 7:30... Wasn't expecting the bill to be so high either but WORTH IT. best food I've ever had. Hands down, including my moms, dads, grandmothers, and boyfriends cooking. Wow. Can't wait to visit again!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Can't wait to go back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Friendly staff, & nice atmosphere. Seafood Gumbo was great , chicken and sausage gumbo was also delish. Fried shrimp and fries were finger lickin good. The crawfish boudin balls with a creamy gravy dipping sauce are so tasty a must try. I will definitely go back next drive through Louisiana.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

From Covington to Lafayette I had to make that drive to meet my colleague for Lunch. After the aggressive drive I arrive a couple of minutes late and as always, the place was busy. I don't think I have ever been to this establishment and it not be busy. I have been trying vegetarian meals when I can so I went for the grilled veggie wrap and because I was in a place known for seafood, I had it with oysters. It was pretty tasty.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette
“New Cooks!!! Stay away!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Took a visit to my favorite restaurant Prejeans today, only to get stale gummy corn, bad service and so on. For 3 years I have ordered the same dish which is pepper jack shrimp. But it is a different taste and texture now due to a new cook staff!!! Won't be going back!!!'