“Pirogue tastic:)” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 474 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Description: Award-winning Cajun cuisine and live Cajun music nightly make Prejean's Restaurant a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Conveniently located on I49 North, just 2 miles north of I-10 in Lafayette, LA. Repeatedly voted Acadiana's Favorite Cajun restaurant, the friendly and casual atmosphere is sure to delight. Big Al, the 14-foot stuffed gator is seated in the middle of the dining room guarding some of our over 400 culinary medals and awards. Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Large groups welcome! Prejean's Restaurant is "Simply Cajun, Simply Delicious"!
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Pirogue tastic:)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great ambiance. Great food. The music was charming and my entree was delicious. I would recommend this place to any traveler who Ventures to Cajun country, it's really good. Hopefully this helps.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Telford, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Prejeans was recommended to us by our hotel and was well worth the 24 mile roundtrip.The food was very good, the complimentary bread moreish. I had fish, my husband had chicken salad. The ample portions left no room for dessert. We ate mid afternoon so can't comment on the atmosphere as not many diners in. Service was friendly, if a little slow.
Would eat here again if in the area and highly recommend you give it a try.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas, United States
“Simply Delicious Cajun Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

What began as a simply crawfish boiling and basic Cajun seafood establishment over 32 years ago, has grown into one of the best fine-dining Cajun restaurants in the south. Known internationally, and a favorite stop for travelers from around the world, Prejean's offers an atmosphere, dining experience, Cajun music, and that famous Cajun French, joie de vie, accomplished by few if any similar style restaurants. While I have known the owner all of my life, and even helped him with the development of the establish of the restaurant back in the late 70's, there is no doubt in my mind that a trip to Prejean's will result in many follow-up visits.

Bon Appetit!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Decent Food, Great Atmosphere, Too Much Cayenne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My family and I have had lunch or dinner a few times. My husband first ate here on a business trip a few years ago. He ranted and raved so for Father's Day We made the two hour drive to make it special for him. The food was decent, but the gift shop really caught my eyes. I spent a fortune in there. Since then, we've only been back once. We got a great table at the stage, The food was okay. I was born and raised in Louisiana and I am used to eating some of the best seasoned food, however, I find they used an excessive amount of Cayenne, The only thing I could stomach was the seafood gumbo, which was excellent. I could not bear to eat the remaining food, way too spicy. Cajun food is meant to be well seasoned not place your taste buds on fire, Other than that, the staff was peasant, the band was great, and the gifts were great. Overall, my family has decided not to return. A little Cayenne goes a long way.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Gibson, United States
“Cajun cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Took forever to get in here on a Saturday night, but it was worth the wait. Try the Sampler platter, a little of everything, with some spice, but not enough to make it hard to eat. Service and atmosphere were great.

Visited March 2014