“Camp site with private dock” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Fausse Point State Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lafayette
Lake Fausse Point State Park
You added Lake Fausse Point State Park to your Saves list
Rte. 5 (Box 4658), Lafayette, LA 70502   |
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Camp site with private dock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Lake Fausse Point is a beauty of a park. We arrived in the office to a warm and friendly staff only too happy to help us. They gave us a map marked with available camp sites and sent us off to find one we liked. We did just that. Finding site #29 with its own private little dock on the water. Sitting on our dock watching the water and listening to the birds was so peaceful we decided to stay another night.

Wildlife abounds in the park. We saw many types of birds, turtles, squirrels and armadillo. At night you can hear the coyotes talking to each other. The park is neat and well attended in most places. The one area they could improve is the bath house. Replace broken doors, fix shower curtains, fill soap containers, replace light bulbs and give it a good scrubbing. Other than the bath house every thing else was great. All the staff members we met were very friendly and helpful. Truly a joy to take with and my what stories they could tell.

We will most likely be back when next in Louisiana. I really want to check out the cabins on the cove. They look awesome!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Maumelle, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I usually do a complete spreadsheet analasis of campgrounds and come up with an overall rating between 0 and 10. I then convert that to the Tripadvisor 5 dot system. In this case I am not going to even put that much effort into evaluating this campground.

I am only evaluating the campground. There are 50 decent sites with water and electricity and one comfort station. Note: our site did not have a 30 AMP breaker; just a 50, 20 and 10 so we had to limited what we turned on at same time. I don’t know if other sites are not properly provided.

The comfort station is the problem. It is despicable. The lack of proper maintenance is evident everywhere. There are spider webs in every corner from top to bottom including gaps between the shower and toilet walls. The walls have dirt on them and dried fluid flow on them. The sinks are reasonable clean but the soap dispensers are always empty. Many of the overhead lights are out. Items left in shower area, clothes, soap, shoes, etc. are left where they sit.

We spent 4 nights in a travel trailer. Each morning there was a crew of 4 people (including what looked like a 14 year old boy). It appeared to me that they did a perfunctory wet mop of the main floor and that was it. I believe they used a mop that was never cleaned because the room smelled bad when they finished. I never saw an item left in the showers moved or removed so I don’t think they did anything to clean the showers. Once they mopped, they sat out side and smoked. I think they were waiting for their cloths to finish washing in the washing machines intended for the patrons.

There is obviously a management problem. There is a clean-up crew but no one is checking the work they do. On another issue that I will not go into, we asked if the park superintendent could help resolve the issue and were told he didn’t want to be bothered.

We visited Lake Fausse Pointe just after it originally opened 10 or so years ago and it was a very pleasant experience. We were looking forward to this trip but will not be back until they clean up their act.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
aiken, sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The campground could be great if it had more maintenance. Being in a swampy area, the bug problem needs to be addressed. I had bug spray, citronella oil, and a campfire going. Didn't have problems with the mosquitoes because of that, but my legs were eaten up by "no seeums" while sitting at the picnic table (I even sprayed bug spray beneath it). Stayed at campsite 8 because, looking at the map, it was close to the bathroom. Well, it would be if you could walk straight to the back stair access. You can't because of all the standing, stagnant water. The rest of the park was beautiful. Be aware that the closest store is about 10 miles away, so get ice, etc., while you're out and about. The park has ice but we were only able to get a bag one day; the rest of the time they were sold out. There's no cell phone service, at least with Verizon, but that can be a plus sometimes. The park does have wifi, so I kept in touch with family via computer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Costa Mesa, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

If you ever wanted to stay next to a real bayou, and actually see alligators off your porch, this is as realistic as you can get! For a reasonable price, the cabin we stayed in was very large, and fully furnished. (I wish we brought more people!) The porch was a great place to have a nice dinner. The check in experience was easy. Don't forget mosquito repellent if you want to hike. This place is truly a hidden gem. The only difficulty was booking online, as the website wasn't always working right. Also, if you approach from the south, the road is unpaved (the approach from the north is paved).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Even if the fees were pretty hight (28$), this is amazing. The welconing was nice, they even told us they were lucky to have us visiting. The camp site was very nice and clean. The restroom were clean too. The place is awesome. We even see an amarillo

• Stayed September 2013
Lake Arthur, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Saw how beautiful the park was so decided to rent cabins for the family. It was a great weekend of fun, games, canoeing, hiking, and visiting with family. The cabins were great and not to far apart with beatiful views. ANd wildlife and fishing were great too.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We love this peaceful part of our world. We bring our kayaks here often and paddle to the camp sites that are only accessible by water. There are lots of fish and we always see plenty of wildlife. There are canoe or boat rentals. My sister rented a canoe last weekend and we all had a great time paddling the waters. The cabins on the water are beautiful and would be a wonderful night stay.

Things to note: you are in Louisiana and also in the swamps. There will be bugs. This includes Mosquitos and wasps! I have lived here my whole life so it does not bother me. I am also an outdoor person so I enjoy the wilderness. Bugs and all. So please note that you are in nature. Bring the proper clothes and bug spray. When we camp, we build a fire and it helps with bugs. We also have ton of spray. Yes we get a few bites but granted we are in the swamps.

Wonderful place to visit!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lake Fausse Point State Park? Share your experiences!