This is a lovely bed and breakfast with everything you expect from that phrase. We stayed in the garconniere and the room was very comfortable and well decorated (more homey/country than fussy Victorian). The bed was huge and comfortable with good pillows. The bathroom was large and had plenty of hot water. But by far it is the food and hospitality that makes this place. Being received with t'juleps and canapes on the porch as a very pleasant surprise, as were the complimentary drinks (after dinner drinks in the house, sodas and water in the fridge in our room). The breakfast was fantastic and Maugie does indeed serve it in her red pajamas accompanied by ringing bells. Several people noted that the house is on a busy street but I do not consider this a detraction at all. The house is easy to find and close to good food and music (and boudin) yet very quiet in the evening. We also enjoyed a tour with the hosts' son through Pastor Brothers Cajun Excursions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted Best of the Best in the South by AAA Southern Traveler Magazine 2011. The building itself was built by one of Acadiana's most famous settlers in 1880. It is a beautiful old Acadian home located right in the center of Lafayette, Louisiana. Here you will find true cajun hospitality and Free, Fresh Breakfasts every morning. Your stay includes Complimentary Cocktails and Appetizers upon check in, and complimentary breakfast, beverages and soft drinks during your entire stay. All rooms have private baths, cable television and wireless internet. We hope you visit us soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your T'Frere's Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- t`Frere`s Hotel Lafayette
- t`Frere`s Bed And Breakfast