“Lovely Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Overstone
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed in the Ash Suite for 1 night Bed & Breakfast with a balcony overlooking the golf course. Set in beautiful surroundings this is a fabulous hotel. The staff are friendly and explained everything we needed to know very clearly, contrary to what other people have said. The layout of the hotel is a little different to a conventional hotel which was part of its apeal for me. The facilities are excellent with a very welcoming spa and pool the changing rooms are well equiped. Everywhere is beautifully clean and tidy, well presented and organised.
Breakfast is self service with a good selection and fresh eggs cooked to order.
We will definately stay here again and would recommend the Ash suite to our friends.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a suite it's well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for two nights with my partner and quite enjoyed the Overstone Park Hotel. The golf course is beautiful, the restaurant was great and the staff were very friendly. My only little concern was that the rooms were a little small for a mini break, and they were also a bit dated. It would be nice if they modernised and expanded the rooms a little. The swimming pool was lovely, with a steam room, sauna and jacuzzi on the side. The gym was ok but also a little dated. They could do with updating the machinery. But overall we enjoyed our stay in the resort very much.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Very difficult to find hotel/reception as they exist in two seperate buildings/annexes/huts. Reception staff friendly. Room very dissapointing, we stayed in a standard double that cost 65 pound per night. The decor was awful drab old curtains and seventies carpets. The walls are filthy there isnt enough room to swing a cat the rooms are tiny and stink. Definatley worth staying in a premier inn or travel lodge this place is sickiningly overpriced. The restaurant was closed and the bar was full of snotty golfers and the staff behind the bar were equally as stuck up, for what reason i dnt know as the place is a dive. No way would recomend any friends or family to stay here. Everything that all the bad reviews say about this place is more or less true, if youve got any taste.

• Stayed September 2012

Travelers are raving about these Overstone hotels

Little Wilbraham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I play in a local golf society and we alternate between this course and another for our player of the year dinner. On our arrival we had a full English breakfast, followed by 18 holes on the very well kept course, then dinner in the evening rounded off with a night in the hotel; rooms are basic but clean and well maintained, it's not the sort of hotel I would take my wife away to but perfect for golfers!
Bed and breakfast is only £55 which is jolly good value, the dinner was roast beef, gammon and pork; plenty of it and lots of vegetables, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and jugs of gravy. We also had a starter and a desert with coffee and mints!
Very good food and very good value all round. There is also a gymnasium and swimming pool if you have any energy left after the golf!!
Well worth a visit!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was amazed that this place was so badly reviewed.

Whilst it's a bit odd the way it's been created, I doubt it deserves to rank so low out of all of the hotels in Northampton.

The bar was relaxed and friendly, with decent prices for drinks and food that was excellent value for money. The view out onto the golf course from the balcony was amazing. Receptionists were extremely helpful and pleasant and cheery.

The rooms were adequate. Yeah, it's structured a bit like a Butlins of old. The "hotel" rooms are in a separate block a few minutes walk away from the reception and in amongst houses. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable with free WiFi throughout. The bathroom was small but clean and modern enough with plenty of hot water and decent water pressure.

The gym and spa are tremendous. Plenty of treadmills, bikes and cross-trainers. Loads of weight machines, 2 squat racks and plenty of dumbbells and free weights. I was in my element. And the sauna was by far the hottest I've ever been in. It was frightening!!

I was on a business trip with colleagues. I used the room to sleep, wash and change in. It was ideal for that purpose. If you are going to spend time in the room, for a romantic week away or similar, look elsewhere - this isn't for you.

The main down-side was that it was pretty remote. We flew down and were taxied about. The nearest shop or pub was miles away and pretty much ruled out any short trips for anything.

I'd be happy to go back on future trips, though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was looking forward to staying at this hotel and after a few diversions through country lanes due to no signs I eventally found it. The setting is great and i would have loved to have had my clubs in the boot as the golf was free after 4pm. I was given my room key and set off to find the hotel part. When I walked in i nearly fell over the bed and immediatly thought the room smelt "dirty" i could not make out if it was the carpet, curtains or the head board on the bed ( i was not going to investigate that closely). The only air you could get in to the room whilst keeping some privacy was by opening the tiny bathrooom window. I went to the club house for dinner which was fairly good value but very plain tasting food.

I detested staying in the room and even felt like packing up in the middle of the night to drive home but waited until the morning, i ran my hand along the wall and the dust that came off was unbelievable and made me feel dirty and uncomfortable. After squeezing in to the shower i set off for breakfast which was ok. The staff were friendly especially the young lady at reception who was very polite and i did not have the heart to give her grief about my stay so i will be writing to the Management instead.

With some basic care and attention this could be much better place to stay as the surrounding views were lovely.

Finally no mobile phone reception in my room nor did the wifi work!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tipperary, Tipperary, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Having seen pictures of a lovely hotel set in a green golf course with spa and pool we thought great coming over from Ireland to catch up with family.
After traverling 15 hrs to get there we arrived at the top of dirt track with a sign saying hotel so we looked and looked no no hotel,we saw reception which was similar to above pic ok must be there ok book in hotel is over there. Shock and horror its a motel pretending to be a hotel,it looks like the 60's Butlins,to make things worse you open front door fall over bed and bounce into the toilet my in laws have a camper van bigger!!
I cried my eyes out from tiredness and disappointment then headed to bar [over priced] to get drunk.We decided to eat the waitresse was useless like 1/2 the staff there drinks that were ordered never came.
If it wasn't for the fact we had paid in full on booking and our daughters where arriving from London the following day we would have left.
We ended up leaving a day earlier as we couldnt stand stopping any longer.
The shower was filthy 4 hangers and 3 stupid wire framed drawers to put clothes in.
Breakfast was ok one member of staff needed a rocket up her backside the rest were very good but for some reason everthing was covered in black pepper corns not nice when you get one in your mouth so stuck to ceral orange out of cartons and by ene of week stomach had had enough so hit the milk.
All in all wouldnt stop there again and wouldn't advise anyone else to.
Oh one more thing they had a wedding there at the weekend we stopped as it turned out it didn't affect us but it would have been nice to have been told when booking.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Overstone Park Hotel? Share your experiences!