“Courteous service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sedgebrook Hall

You added Sedgebrook Hall to your Saves list
Sedgebrook Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pitsford Road, Chapel Brampton, Northampton NN6 8BD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chapel Brampton
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Courteous service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I had an overnight stay at Sedgebrook Hall Hotel on Friday night with my elderly mother who is disabled - the staff were all courteous & helpful & the food was excellent. Although the internal layout of the hotel with frequent stairs makes it difficult to navigate inside with a wheel chair, the position of some external doors make access to the bedroom from the car park fairly easy, and a disabled parking place by the restaurant makes faccess to the dining room easier. However, this would be more difficult during winter weather.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
YiannisC805, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for visiting Sedgebrook Hall and for your feedback following your stay. I have taken on board your comments regarding the layout, and this is something we continually review to see where we can make improvements. I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Bourne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I'd say that all the staff were friendly and polite if not all that professional. Trying to get a drink at the bar I was refused as I had not set up a credit account so had to pay cash. Then a little later I was stopped from leaving the restaurant because I had been so bold as to have a glass of wine with my dinner but was trying to leave without paying. They were happy dinner was charged to the room but not the wine. After I politely explained that I had placed more than £2000 worth of business with them in the previous two weeks they reluctantly agreed to my suggestion that they would let me leave and settle the bill when I check out. Such a petty small minded attitude.
The food was OK although it took an hour for my food to arrive, I needed that wine!
Breakfast: again OK but the choice of kiwi fruit to peel but no bananas seems strange.
The room was again, OK, but these days a 'fat back' TV the size of a chest of drawers and just 5 channels is pretty poor. Strangely whilst the shower was hot I only ever managed slightly warm water from the tap however long I let it run.
Generally pretty average, there are much better hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
YiannisC805, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for your feedback following your stay. However, I was extremely disappointed to read your comments and would like to apologise for any inconvenience you experienced. We have had many positive comments from colleagues also visiting Sedgebrook Hall, and I would therefore be keen to discuss your feedback with you in more detail. I would be very grateful if you could kindly contact me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you.
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

we had a fantastic time , we celebrated my birthday in style, food, room, staff were all fantastic, brilliant., so helpful , could not fault the stay. We enjoyed a swim . a sauna and the Jacuzzi was fun,

Room Tip: swimming pool small but able to swim in it
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
YiannisC805, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
We are delighted that you chose to celebrate your birthday here at Sedgebrook Hall, and thank you for sharing your comments following your stay. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future, and that we will have the opportunity of sharing your next birthday celebrations too.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times often just as a guest and often as a conference organiser and facilitator.

From the personal welcome of Kelly, Hannah or Anna on reception to dinner often taken in the bar as well as the restaurant to a great cooked breakfast served by Monica and Angela, they really go out of their way to build a home from home atmosphere.

Set in a beautiful Northamptonshire setting with terrific scenery and comprising also a swimming pool, tennis court and gym this is a truly great hotel to stay in...

The rooms are well decored and serviced...all in all I would thoroughly recommend Sedgebrook and its great team to both the casual and regular traveller

Brendan Melvin

Room Tip: Try and get on the second floor rooms 201 to 232 are particularly good
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience of Sedgebrook Hall on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased that you have chosen to stay with us on many occasions and thank you for your comments, I will certainly ensure these are passed on to the team. We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.
Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We booked Sedgebrook Hall only 6wks before the big day after having a crisis of confidence with our original choice. No such worries here, from the outset we felt we were is safe and capable hands and on the big day everything was seamless, the wedding breakfast excellent, all the staff including Gemma and Debbie were professional, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The wedding breakfast was in the Elm Suite which is a particularly nice room for smaller parties (we had 24 guests) and then the Mulberry Suite for the evening entertainment. All the staff we encountered were very friendly, smart and helpful. We had a brilliant day in an excellent venue and would be happy to recommend it to anyone looking for a suitable location to hold their special day. Many thanks to everyone involved.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Holly Suite in the old house so unable to comment on the other rooms but this was l...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
YiannisC805, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing Sedgebrook Hall for your wedding celebrations. I am delighted that we were able to share your special day with you and I will ensure that your comments are passed on to my colleagues. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sedgebrook Hall again in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just returned home from our perfect weekend away at Sedgebrook hall. The perfect little hotel located in the middle of beautiful country side but still close enough to the town centres (by car). My partner and I had the most enjoyable weekend, a wonderful dinner in the restaurant followed by a peaceful evening in the bar enjoying the music and partying of the wedding on site. Fantastic hotel and ideal wedding venue from what I could see. Would defiantly recommend!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
YiannisC805, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for choosing to spend your weekend away at Sedgebrook Hall. I am absolutely delighted that you found this to be a perfect weekend, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Positives were nice location very clean and tidy room and public area the members of staff were very polite and helpful
But don't seem to have an area separate to anything going on like conferences and weddings so have mainly stayed in my room as it got very loud
Was very disappointed with my dinner and sent it back
Breakfast on the other hand was very tasty
Lots of stairs and struggled sometimes to get down some And the doors to the rooms are I know fire doors but slam very loud if you just let them go which most of the other guests seem to do so have had to leave the tv on to stop jumping everytime it happens
I'm not sure if I would stay here again

• Stayed February 2014
YiannisC805, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for choosing Sedgebrook Hall and for taking the time to feedback to us on TripAdvisor. Please accept my apologies that your dinner was disappointing, your feedback is important to us and I can assure you your points will be reviewed. Thank you again for your comments, and I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Been to Sedgebrook Hall? Share your experiences!