“Christmas party 7th December” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sedgebrook Hall

You added Sedgebrook Hall to your Saves list
Sedgebrook Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pitsford Road, Chapel Brampton, Northampton NN6 8BD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chapel Brampton
lincolshire
“Christmas party 7th December”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here for the night after a Christmas party really enjoyed the event, room good food good nice area pleasant views, the only shock we got was a week later we got a receipt to say they had taken another £18:55 out of our bank account the bill /receipt was for another guests who stayed there 3 days after we left.
When contacting them at first they were not going to give us a refund it took 4 hours in total to sort this out only after I sent them a scanned copy of the information I had received with this person name and different room number displayed and on looking at the receipt it had printed on it customer not present, so be carefully when handing over your debit card as we did not realise that they could just dip in to our bank account when they liked.
Would we stay here again not sure after this experience so my recommendation is always check any bill you get as we will from now on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RayMckibben, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Jane

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your Christmas party at Sedgebrook Hall, but disappointed to read of the issues with your bill. This was an error on our part, and I can only apologise for the inconvenience. I am sure that in future our procedures would prevent this occurring, and I do hope therefore that you would consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Wigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

It's always about the pillows!  Pillows are like referees in a football game, heated rear windscreens in a car, a gap at the bar when you want to buy a drink.  If all those things are there and doing their job, you don't really notice them.  If they're not then you can be seriously disappointed.

I'll come back to the pillows.

I now stay at the Sedgebrook nearly every week, usually for at least a couple of nights.  I've been coming for a couple of months and have already booked ahead well into next year.  It's a nice place... I like it.

It seems there are generally two standards of room.  Some older, less well appointed rooms - others modernised more recently with a nicer finish.  Of course the latter is the better room, but the former isn't actually too bad.  I stay there on a company account and generally get the nicer rooms.

Depending on where the room is you get this hotel can be a little noisy.  The construction of the building and the thickness of the doors just leaves a little to be desired and sometimes the noise pollution from neighbours and inconsiderate corridor dwellers (especially banging doors) can be a bit annoying.  I've found that a room at the far end of the corridors, obviously, reduces this problem.

Breakfast is decent.  Buffet style - I tend to only have cereal and fruit, but on occasion when I've tried the cooked breakfast it's been OK (but the bacon sometimes seems overdone - not crispy burnt, but a little hard baked).  The restaurant is very pleasant and I like the calm it offers me before I leave for the office.  I haven't eaten in there at night as I am normally alone and prefer to eat in the bar.  The food choice isn't great and it's quite expensive for what it is - this is a bit of a let-down for a frequent visitor.

Free wi-fi is available in all areas of the hotel and it works very well for browsing.  They must have a network port blocked because I find I cannot send emails from my iPad.  I can receive them, just not send them.  I'd mention this to someone, but I'm not sure I'd actually get to speak with someone that wouldn't just give me a blank look and a shrug.

Which brings me back to the pillows...  They're terrible.  They are stuffed with some man-made spongy stuff that has never seen a duck, dead or alive.  That might not be so bad, but 90% of the ones I have experienced are stuffed so fat they're like balloons.  Other, often faceless, featureless, bland branded hotels can get this right.  The ones at Premier Inn, for instance, are brilliant feather pillows that you can sculpt as desired.  These at the Sedgebrook are like inflatables that are fit only to throw around safely in a kiddie's ball pool.  I'm writing this with neck ache!

I've mentioned it at reception.  Give them their due, they will then try to find a pillow that is at least a little less overstuffed, but as they always explain with a shrug, "all our pillows are the same type".  (This disappointingly defeatist response always then discourages me from mentioning the port blocking of their local area network!)

I don't really want to have to go elsewhere.  This place is convenient for the office and is otherwise a nice hotel with pleasant, friendly staff.  But if the neck ache is to be eliminated then short of bringing my own pillows (I won't be bringing my own pillows) I may have to find another hotel soon.  That will be a shame.  I'll renew my campaign when I return in the New Year!

Sleep well.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your visits to Sedgebrook Hall. We always welcome constructive comments in order that we can improve the experience for our guests.

I note that you already have reservations for this year. If you ask for myself at Reception I would be more than happy to meet with you to look at the WiFi problem, and as a regular visitor I am sure we could source a pillow to your liking if you let us know your preference.

I look forward to meeting with you.

London England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here as part of a group Honda Owners Club Chirstams party Fantastic service, lovely rooms good views, food excellent. Would definately stay again.

Staff very pleasant and friendly the hotel events organiser was fantastic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Worxelminxy

Thank you for your comments following your recent visit to Sedgebrook Hall.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that you will visit us again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at sedgebrook hall last night after a friends wedding. Wedding was fantastic and service was good. But the bed was far too soft for my liking, duvet wasn't big enough for the bed and water pressure needs serious addressing. It took me nearly 15 minutes to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. Dripping tap would of been more effective.
However if these issues were fixed i would stay again. Beautiful surroundings and lovely breakfast and lovely food at the wedding.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Cassmk2

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Sedgebrook Hall last month. I note your comments regarding the bed and the water pressure and would like to assure you that these issues are being addressed.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the surroundings and the food, and I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Although th accommodation itself was clean and tidy, it was not of the standard you would expect. in particular, the bed was uncomfortable and had a dip in the mattress.

Worse though was the poor quality of the food. I had to return the mussels because they were so over cooked. And the breakfast cereals were stale.

And don't attempt to play pool in the bar as the table is completely uneven.

All in all, a shoddy experience.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
Dear duckjob

I am really sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at Sedgebrook Hall, in particular the bed and the food quality. One of my management team regularly stays in the accommodation, particularly if a guest is not completely happy. It is beneficial therefore if we know at the time of any issues in order that we can check immediately. If you can let me know the exact date of your stay I wil be able to look into your comments more fully.

I have spoken with Chef regarding the mussels, and can only apologise if you felt these were overcooked. We do serve quite a lot of portions and do not normally have any complaints, however I have taken your comments on board for the future.

Unfortunately the pool table does get moved around, but the maintenance team will check this regularly to ensure it is standing level.

Thank you for your feedback following your stay, it is only through such feedback that we can continually improve the service we offer to our guests.

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Was here for a business meeting earlier this week. Room very nice and comfortable, however, radiator was switched off even at -1. Took a while to warm up. Service good and food always good, have used this for meetings previously.

england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

the staff and food here are excellent, and the surrounding gardens well kept. Close to northampton and lots of visitor attractions. Good sized room and clean. The only downside is the bathroom which needs to be revamped as the silicone is going black and grout discoloured.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sedgebrook Hall? Share your experiences!